Q-waves are a form of radiation located between X-Rays and Gamma-Rays which are used in treating psychic trauma.
Q-Waves scans maps and catalog a person's memories, Creating pictures that depict the memories as a series of rings, Like the rings on the base of a tree that has been cut down. The rings show breaks and irregularities at points where a person suffered from severe brain trauma which can be erased with a certain dose of biohertz which Q-waves are measured in.
According to Lena Luthor, Q-waves generated by sapient-enough life-forms originate from the occipital lobe of the organism's brain mass.
Brainy states they weren't discovered until The Late Dark Ages where they were used for a decade in the aid of trauma until Lex Luthor attempted using them for the pursuit of mind control in the interest of getting past superman invulnerable skin.
They were later used in the VR lenses developed by Obsidian North to create a link between what the brain sees and what it wants to see, Establishing a blank slate in the mind. Which Lena Luthor believes this link could direct the slate to impose rules on the viewer.
- Memory erasure: Q-waves were originally used for trauma treatment by erasing the memory of the event, however, a dose of 80 biohertz could permanently erase a person's mind.
- Inception/Mind control: Malefic's Q-waves broadcast on a special frequency that allows him to control the thoughts and emotions of others, This led Lena Luthor to study him and later localize and replicate for Project Non Nocere.
- Doses of Q-Waves are administered in increments of 20 biohertz.
- The occipital lobe is the part of the brain where Q-waves are generated.
- Q-waves are projected like sonar from a dolphin.