At some point, Raya joined the air force. She was an ace pilot, mechanic, and an expert in vehicle operations. Her call sign was Silver Ghost. Eventually, Raya left the air force after a failed mission overseas and then spent two months on desk duty before being dishonorably discharged, her military record getting sealed.
Recruiting Weather Witch
After pleading guilty in court and being sent to jail, Joslyn Jackam was on her way to jail when she was freed by Raya. Raya asked her for help in breaking into A.R.G.U.S., but Joslyn refused and later turned herself into the police. Raya then came back and broke her out again, and after a change of heart, Joss agreed to help Raya. They broke into A.R.G.U.S. using Joss's staff and stole a car made by Wayne Tech. Raya's efforts were stopped by XS and Joslyn's betrayal.
Abandoned by Weather Witch
- Abilities via fob:
- Vehicle Manipulation: By clicking the fob, Raya can control seemingly any vehicle. She can activate any automated function such as door locks and police sirens.
- Meta-human Ability Disruption: The dark matter charge of vehicles under her control react violently to any direct contact with metahumans as they use their abilities. The Flash's attempt to phase through the car not only generated a shockwave that knocked him back but rendered his phasing out of his control, activating erratically for the rest of a day.
- Fob: Raya's fob allows her to manipulate vehicles.
- Raya Van Zandt is the ninth case of gender-bending in . The first eight were Bug-Eyed Bandit, Dr. Light, Top, Black Bison, The Fiddler, Null, Spencer Young, and Weather Witch.
- Raya's second most defining trait after her penchant for exotic cars is her inability to take "no" for an answer. Despite Joslyn making it clear she didn't want to help, Raya kept trying to persuade her.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Raphael Van Zandt is Silver Ghost and a villain on Earth-X. Raya is a gender-bent version of this character.