The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "Oliver, I've seen one daughter die and come back to life twice. I've seen another come from some other Earth. I've seen a guy in red run so fast he can reverse time. This is not exactly outside the norm, is it? Also, I'm done learning my lesson about doubting you because that always bites me in the ass."
- —Quentin Lance to Oliver Queen
|After being double-crossed by Lyla, Oliver finds himself facing a life or death situation that seems very familiar. Laurel has the opportunity to make amends with the past.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake
- Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak
- Ben Lewis as Older William Clayton
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Mike Ennis as Male Party Guest
- Naomi Frenette as Server
- Matthew Thiessen as Hughes
- Bradley Stryker as Vincent
- Leana Yu as Laughing Woman
- This episode marks the screenwriting debut for Maya Houston, and her only Arrow episode she has co-written to date.
- The title references Oliver going through a time loop.
- Quentin likens it to the Bill Murry movie Groundhog Day. Laurel however, references the movie Edge of Tomorrow starring Tom Cruise, which also features a character living through a time loop.
- This is the third time someone within the Arrowverse has been stuck in an time loop with Zari being the first (as seen in the episode "") and Nora West-Allen being the second with the repetitive use of her ability to reverse time (as seen in episode "").
- Like Quentin did in this situation, when Zari told Nate she was stuck in a time loop, Nate was quick to compare her predicament to Groundhog Day.
- Unlike the previous episodes of this season, this episode didn't include so many noticeable callbacks to previous seasons.
- More so, this episode included themes of Season 6, mostly the relationship Oliver and Laurel had with Quentin; how both saw him as a father-figure.
- Dinah uses Sara's canary cry device she gave to her.
- In their last conversation, Oliver and Quentin recall their messy personal history, with Quentin attributing their later alliance to Laurel and Sara's trust in Oliver.
- Foreshadowing: Quentin refers to cheating death during his first meeting with Oliver, and John later calls attention to Oliver's absolute refusal to give up. These are the exact reasons why the Monitor placed Oliver in the time loop, although Oliver's stubbornness keeps him from putting two and two together until the very last loop.
- The note doc contained several references including a Stranger Things Easter egg.
- The name Jay Nedra combines the first names of co-writer Maya Houston's real-life brother and mother.
- Bean, Bauer, Callie, Watson and Cofax are the names of the real-life dogs that belong to several Arrow crew members. Showrunner Beth Schwartz is the Bean's owner.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.