- "Good Evening National City, it's Cat Grant. Yes, I've been away for a while but I'm back. Now I can imagine that you're feeling afraid and feeling like your world is spinning out of control but, believe me, you have power and right now you have a job to do. Resist. Resist these invaders with everything you've got. They come with empty promises and closed fists. They promise to make our world great again and yet they know nothing about the people that make this world great. They think they can con us and if that doesn't work, what, they're going to beat us into submission? They have no idea what they're up against. Aliens and Humans, we need to band together and we need to stand up and fight back. Everyone needs to be a superhero. Everyone needs to get up and say: Not in my house. Lets prove to these thugs that we're strong and we're united and we're not going to be conquered. And Tiara Woman, if you and your minions happen to be listening, you have come to the wrong town. Yeah, I'm Cat Grant, not going anywhere."
- —Cat Grant and Winn Schott
- This is the first episode of the series to feature only Supergirl and not Kara Danvers.
- This is the first episode in which the Kara Danvers' glasses does not appear.
- Winn references the 1996 film Independence Day, in which an alien mothership hovers over a large portion of Earth, including New York City, similar to the Daxamites' "mothership" hovering above National City.
- Cat mentions having walked in on "E.T.", referencing the 1982 film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Cat uses the phrase "up up and away" and Kara uses "faster than a speeding bullet", both traditional catchphrases of Superman.
- Kara refers to Hank Henshaw as "R2", referencing the droid R2-D2 from the Star Wars franchise.
- Brenda Strong and Teri Hatcher also worked on the series Desperate Housewives, a series that also starred Neal McDonough who plays Damien Darhk in the Arrowverse.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Cat Grant since "The Last Children of Krypton".
|Supergirl season 2|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|