- "Good evening National City, it's Cat Grant. Yes, I've been away for a while but I'm back. Now I can imagine that you're feeling afraid and feeling like your world is spinning out of control but, believe me, you have power and right now you have a job to do: resist. Resist these invaders with everything you've got. They come with empty promises and closed fists. They promise to make our world great again and yet they know nothing about the people that make this world great. They think they can con us and if that doesn't work, what, they're going to beat us into submission? They have no idea what they're up against. Aliens and humans, we need to band together and we need to stand up and fight back. Everyone needs to be a superhero. Everyone needs to get up and say, 'Not in my house.' Let's prove to these thugs that we're strong and we're united and we're not going to be conquered. And Tiara Woman, if you and your minions happen to be listening, you have come to the wrong town. Yeah, I'm Cat Grant, not going anywhere."
- —Cat Grant and Winn Schott
|Supergirl grapples with whether or not to obey the President’s orders regarding Rhea’s latest actions. Meanwhile, Cat Grant returns to National City.|
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen/Guardian
- Chyler Leigh as Dr./Director Alex Danvers
- Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott
- Floriana Lima as Detective Maggie Sawyer
- Chris Wood as Mon-El
- David Harewood as Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman and Director J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Pasha Ebrahimi as General
The scene opens with Lena Luthor lying in bed inside a Daxamite transport. Rhea says that she spared her from Supergirl and that Lena is bound for more prominent things. Rhea says that Lena has a place close by, administering another Earth.
The camera at that point slices to the Daxamite armada impacting the hell out of National City. Daxamite stun troops transport to the ground and start assaulting National City's citizens...including the police office. Maggie kills a couple and afterward calls Alex for help, however the DEO's central station rapidly falls enduring an onslaught as well. As DEO specialists tumble to Daxam's powers, Winn seeks shelter and covers up inside the DEO base while Alex bounces off the overhang, in the nick of time to get safeguarded by Supergirl. Supergirl says they have to cover up as Rhea announces National City to be "New Daxam."
Back on the Daxamite transport, Rhea converses with Mon-El about her intrusions. She says she anticipates modifying Daxam on Earth, subjugating people simultaneously. Mon-El says that humankind (and Supergirl) won't fall so effectively, yet Rhea has plans to deal with both, by wedding Mon-El off to Lena Luthor.
Winn, Alex, and Supergirl set up an impermanent DEO base inside the Alien Bar. Martian Manhunter is still down from whatever Rhea never really last scene. James appears at the bar and says that the Daxamites have immediately dominated. Supergirl additionally can't take a few to get back some composure of Superman either. Maggie flies into the bar as well, yet things despite everything look entirely dismal. Abruptly, Lillian Luthor shows up at the bar (how did EVERYONE know to head there) and offers to help.
Lillian says that she needs Supergirl's assistance and they plainly need her assistance. All things considered, Lillian is a specialist of freeing the Earth from an outsider danger. Lillian likewise calls attention to that the Daxamite transport has a kryptonite gun, so Supergirl can't get on board. She says that she simply needs to spare Lena, however Alex and Supergirl both reject her offer. Lillian leaves a burner mobile phone on the off chance that Supergirl alters her perspective.
The leader of the US considers Rhea and requests that she cancel her attack. At the point when Rhea can't, the president uncovers that she's on Air Force One and heading towards National City. As the circumstance raises, Cat Grant steps in (she's exhorting the president) and attempts to get them to talk harmony. Be that as it may, Rhea close off the line and kills Air Force One. As the plane falls to Earth, Cat flies out the side, however she's immediately spared by Supergirl. The remainder of Air Force isn't as fortunate. Supergirl fears that the president is dead, yet the president rises up out of flotsam and jetsam in her Durlan structure.
Cat and Supergirl carry the president into the improvised DEO central command. Cat clarifies that she "hitched a ride" with the president when the attack broke out and calmly specifies that the president is an outsider. The president clarifies that she's an outcast from an outsider world - which clarifies why she's a major devotee to refugree rights. She arranges Alex to utilize the DEO's positron laser to destroy the Daxamite transport, over Supergirl's complaints.
Rhea brings Mon-El and Lena into her royal chamber and says that they'll proceed with the wedding or she'll explode the Luthor Foundation Children's Hospital. Rhea likewise needs them to create a beneficiary, which she can make utilizing their hereditary examples.
Alex reveals to Supergirl that she's proceeding with the president's arrangement, despite the fact that Supergirl says its wrong. Supergirl storms outside and stops for a moment to chat with Cat Grant. Supergirl says that her closest companion and sweetheart are both caught in the boat and that her life would be crushed in the event that they annihilated that transport. Supergirl says she's simply being childish, however Cat says that she's simply being human. Cat Grant reveals to Supergirl that she was disturbed in National City and inevitably found that it's not about what you do, it's about who you love. Cat’s discourse rouses Supergirl to make a move and spare her companions. Furthermore, Supergirl's initial step is to discover Lillian Luthor.
Supergirl takes Lillian back to the bar with Hank Henshaw. Lillian will likely utilize Superman's Phantom Zone projector to ship Henshaw to the Daxamite transport, where he would then be able to bring every other person on board. When Supergirl spares Lena and Mon-El, Alex would then be able to explode the boat. Cat volunteers (with Winn) to make an interruption. Before they leave, Winn plants something on Henshaw, apparently to keep him in line.
Supergirl, Henshaw, and Lillian effectively enter the Phantom Zone, as Rhea manages Lena and Mon-El's wedding function. In the interim, Cat returns to her office (appalled at what James has never really spot) and sets up a communicate.
Supergirl's group transports into the Daxamite boat and begin battling their way through the boat. Directly before Rhea completes the service, Cat's communicated interferes with them. She encourages National City to "oppose," and persuades the city to precipitously begin retaliating once more.
Henshaw effectively hacks into the Daxamite framework. He discovers Lena, similarly as Lena and Mon-El stage their own breakout endeavor. In the mean time, Alex prepares the gun to shoot similarly as Supergirl discovers Mon-El and Lena on the boat. Lillian snatches Lena and transports away, leaving Supergirl and Mon-El behind. Lillian then calls Alex and advises her to fire the gun. Alex, believing that Supergirl is with Lillian, energizes the huge weapon.
Lena discloses to her mom to walk out on, however Supergirl is out in front of her. Turns out that Winn bothered Henshaw so that Supergirl could remote control him. Supergirl advises Mon-El that he needs to transport away, yet that she's going to remain behind and allow his mom to give up smoothly.
Daxamite fighters transport into CatCo to slaughter Cat, however Guardian appears at salvage them. After Guardian deals with the Daxamites, Cat expresses gratitude toward him and uncovers that she knows James Olsen is behind the head protector.
Mon-El transports into the Fortress of Solitude and connects with Alex. He attempts to wave Alex off, yet the president orders Alex to shoot the Daxamite transport down.
Supergirl attempts to get Rhea to give up, however she's absolutely unaffected. Rhea uncovers that she has another stunt at her disposal, as a warmth vision impact wrecks the DEO's gun. Supergirl pivots and gets punched in the face by Rhea's distinct advantage: the Man of Steel himself, Superman.
- This is the first episode of the series in which Kara appears only as Supergirl.
- This is also the first episode in which Kara Danvers' glasses don't appear.
- This is the first appearance of Cat Grant since "".
- Winn references the 1996 film Independence Day, in which an alien mothership hovers over a large portion of Earth, including New York City, similar to the Daxamites' "mothership" hovering above National City.
- Cat refers to walking in on Olivia 's true form as "E.T.", referencing the 1982 film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Cat uses the phrase "up up and away" and Kara uses "faster than a speeding bullet", both traditional catchphrases of Superman .
- Kara refers to Hank Henshaw as "R2", referencing the droid R2-D2 from the Star Wars franchise.
- Brenda Strong and Teri Hatcher also worked on the series Desperate Housewives, a series that also starred Neal McDonough.
- This episode shows the first appearance of Silver Kryptonite.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|