- For other uses of Arrow, see Arrow (disambiguation).
- "The Arrow of Starling City, formerly known as the Hood, has been unmasked as billionaire Robert Queen. Robert was marooned on an island when his boat went down in the Pacific, an accident that ended with the tragic death of his son, Oliver. Robert Queen was thought dead when-- excuse me, I'm receiving word."
- —Earth-2 News Reporter[src]
In 2007, during a voyage at sea with his son, Oliver, Robert was presumably shipwrecked on Lian Yu, while Oliver perished. Robert was originally believed dead until unknown circumstances lead to his return to civilization.
Becoming the Hood
Years after Oliver's death, he returned to Starling City and became the vigilante named The Hood, later being renamed The Arrow. He also became a renowned hero of Starling. In early 2015, Robert Queen's identity was revealed on live television.
Behind the scenes
- This version of Robert is reminiscent of Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint, a DC comics arc in which Thomas became Batman in an alternate timeline, rather than his son Bruce. A similar version of Thomas later appeared on the Earth 2 series as the new Batman of that world.
- It is also a reference to the New 52 story arc, since in Prime Earth, Robert Queen didn't die in a safari as his New Earth counterpart, but survived to become the first Green Arrow, a member of the Arrow Clan, leaving the title to his son after his death at the hands of Komodo.
|Other versions of Robert Queen (Earth-2)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Robert Queen.|
|Earth: Prime |
Earth: 1 • 2