- "The stage is set. Worlds will live, worlds will die and the universe will never be the same."
- —Roger Hayden while in Arkham Asylum[src]
When Oliver Queen and John Diggle found John Deegan, he escaped by opening all inmates' cell doors, creating a distraction. When Roger Hayden got out of the building, he hit Barry with a stick and rode in the car stolen by his accomplice, but was stopped short by Batwoman. Roger was apprehended once more and brought back to his cell.
After John Deegan was admitted in Arkham Asylum, Roger Hayden made friends with him, and he somehow knew and stated that the universe will never be the same.
Roger Hayden was involved in the events of 2024, when the Flash battled the Reverse-Flash before disappearing from the timeline. He was arrested afterwards (presumably for criminal activity of some sort), and claimed to have the ability to remember the events of that night in the way they were supposed to happen, while many others have claimed contradicting versions of the events (whether the Flash was assisted by Supergirl and the Atom, or a team of the Green Arrow, Batwoman, and the Elongated Man). Psycho Pirate claimed multiversal awareness, speaking that the crisis event resulted in whole worlds living and dying. The research of his account continued 25 years later.
It is unknown if this timeline still exists, as the date of the event was changed to 2019 when Team Flash destroyed Cicada's dagger. However it is still possible that those events ended up happening the same way.
Roger is a deranged, insane individual rightfully belonging to Arkham Asylum. He seized the chance to escape given to him by John Deegan, attacked multiple people, and tried to steal a vehicle. After being placed back to Arkham, he ended up in a cell near the now-mutated and transformed Deegan. Roger spoke with him, trying to make friends, while speaking of a coming multiversal crisis.
Powers and abilities
- Multiversal awareness: Roger was aware of the multiverse and grave consequences for it as a result of the crisis. In the present time, he implied that he already had this ability, as he stated in the Arkham Asylum that the universe will never be the same after the Elseworlds reality was erased. 
- Temporal awareness: Roger claimed to be able to remember the events of the crisis despite conflicting accounts presumably caused by timeline alterations.
- Stealth: Roger was able to sneak up behind Barry Allen, even with his reflexes as Green Arrow and Cisco Ramon, without being noticed.
Behind the scenes
- In the main DC comics continuity, Roger Hayden alias Psycho-Pirate is a supervillain, who originally relied on the fabled Medusa Mask for his powers of empathic manipulation. During the Crisis of Infinite Earths, an event in which Barry Allen sacrificed his life to save the multiverse, Psycho-Pirate was granted part of Anti-Monitor's power, allowing him multiversal and temporal awareness. This became the character's most defining feature, allowing him to see various "forgotten" variations of timelines and universes in DC Comics's omniverse.
- The Medusa Mask, associated with the character of Roger Hayden, was seen as one of the artifacts in Jasper Winters' millhouse.