- "You can't stop me, Flash, and you never will."
- —The Reverse-Flash believes that Barry will never be able to defeat him
As Wells once again gets the upper hand on the S.T.A.R. Labs team, Barry realizes he needs to make a big move and reaches out to an old foe, Captain Cold, for help. Joe and Caitlin warn Barry that Cold can't be trusted. True to form, Cold has his own agenda that involves the meta-humans trapped in the containment cells. As things seem to be going from bad to worse, The Flash gets reinforcements - Arrow and Firestorm.
Preparation began March 9, 2015 and ran until March 17, 2015. Shooting began March 18 and ran until March 30, 2015.
- Hal Jordan, also known as Green Lantern, is alluded to in this episode. When Leonard Snart states that the Ferris Air Testing Facility had been closed down, Barry mentions the reason was because one of its test pilots went missing. Jordan's occupation in the comics is a test pilot for Ferris Air.
- This is the first episode where Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash can clearly be seen while in the suit, while he is masked. In his other appearances, he vibrated while suited up to disguise his face, aside from when he unmasked himself.
- This is also the first time Eobard is shown to take his suit out of his ring.
- The title is a play on the 1997 Nicolas Cage film Con Air, which also revolved around the transportation of highly dangerous individuals using an airplane.
- The episode marks the first time real-life cousins Stephen and Robbie Amell appeared together onscreen. In addition, both of them were credited in the special guest stars bill together instead of separate.
- This is the first episode to have Captain Cold without Heat Wave (in "", Heat Wave appeared off screen and his voice was heard).
- This is the only episode of The Flash in which Oliver Queen is not wearing his Arrow suit, but instead a League of Assassins suit (and a League of Assassins bow, which he used as Al-Sah-him).
- This episode was the last appearance of Cecille Horton until the Season 3 episode, "".
- In 2010, Stephen Amell and Liam McIntyre both auditioned for the title role in Spartacus at the time the role had to be recast after its original lead actor, Andrew Whitfield, departed due to being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma once again just six months after being diagnosed the first time, dying a year later on September 11. McIntyre eventually went on to play Spartacus in the final two seasons of the series.
- The quote "Nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer" that Oliver said to Reverse-Flash later became a popular internet meme in the Arrowverse fandom, even being referenced again in "".
- While attacking Oliver, Eobard mentions that in the future he hailed from, Oliver died at the age of 86. However, given that Oliver will likely die in the Crisis of 2024 (now 2019), as shown by flash-forwards in Arrow's season 7 and as told by Mar Novu/The Monitor, and making Oliver around 34 years old at the time of the Crisis in 2019 and his predicted death, it's likely that the timeline was significantly altered at a later point in time (likely due to the time-altering destruction of Cicada's dagger in 2019 or possibly even Flashpoint).
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|