The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "You can't stop me, Flash, and you never will."
- —The Reverse-Flash believes that Barry will never be able to defeat him
|As Wells once again gets the upper hand on the S.T.A.R. Labs team, Barry realizes he needs to make a big move and reaches out to an old foe, Captain Cold, for help. Joe and Caitlin warn Barry that Cold can't be trusted. True to form, Cold has his own agenda that involves the meta-humans trapped in the containment cells. As things seem to be going from bad to worse, The Flash gets reinforcements - Arrow and Firestorm.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Tom Cavanagh as Professor Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special guest stars
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Al Sah-him
- Robbie Amell as Firestorm
- Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold
- Liam McIntyre as Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard
- Paul Anthony as Roy Bivolo/Rainbow Raider
- Anthony Carrigan as Kyle Nimbus/The Mist
- Doug Jones as Jake Simmons/Deathbolt
- Peyton List as Lisa Snart/Golden Glider
- Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton
- Britne Oldford as Shawna Baez/Peek-a-boo
Preparation began March 9, 2015 and ran until March 17, 2015. Shooting began March 18 and ran until March 30, 2015.
- Hal Jordan, also known as Green Lantern, is alluded to in this episode. When Leonard Snart states that the Ferris Air Testing Facility had been closed down, Barry mentions the reason was because one of its test pilots went missing. Jordan's occupation in the comics is a test pilot for Ferris Air.
- This is the first episode where Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash can clearly be seen while in the suit, while he is masked. In his other appearances, he vibrated while suited up to disguise his face, aside from when he unmasked himself.
- This is also the first time Eobard is shown to take his suit out of his ring.
- The title is a play on the 1997 Nicolas Cage film Con Air, which also revolved around the transportation of highly dangerous individuals using an airplane.
- The episode marks the first time real-life cousins Stephen and Robbie Amell appeared together onscreen. In addition, both of them were credited in the special guest stars bill together instead of separate.
- This is the first episode to have Captain Cold without Heat Wave (in "", Heat Wave appeared off screen and his voice was heard).
- This is the only episode of The Flash in which Oliver Queen is not wearing his Arrow suit, but instead a League of Assassins suit (and a League of Assassins bow, which he used as Al-Sah-him).
- This episode takes place after "Al-Sah-Him" and before "This is Your Sword", as Oliver helps Barry fight Reverse Flash and in return, he helps save his friends. Oliver is also shown to be masquerading as Al-Sah-him.
- The quote "Nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer" that Oliver said to Reverse-Flash later became a popular internet meme in the Arrowverse fandom, even being referenced again in "".
- While attacking Oliver, Eobard mentions that in the future he hailed from, Oliver died at the age of 86. However, given that Oliver ultimately dies in the Crisis of 2019, as depicted in "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four," during which Oliver was around thirty-four, it seems likely that the timeline was significantly altered at a later point in time (likely due to the time-altering destruction of Cicada's dagger in 2019 or possibly even Flashpoint).
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.