- For the eponymous character, see Dante Ramon (Earth-2).
Zoom returns to Earth-1, intent on taking over Central City. Barry and Wells come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it's extremely dangerous. Harry is intent on recreating the particle accelerator explosion to return Barry's powers, while running the risk of dying during the procedure. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante's doppelgänger, but currently he thinks it is Earth-1 Dante. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb's death. Iris decides she's finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.
- While helping Barry Allen stop the two robbers using the Flash hologram, Cisco Ramon shouts "LEEROY!" This is a reference to "Leeroy Jenkins", a viral video involving the game World of Warcraft.
- Rupture is later compared to a World of Warcraft character by Cisco.
- The ending scene of the episode with Barry getting disintegrated during exposure to chemicals, lightning and dark matter simultaneously, parallels the way Jonathan Osterman got disintegrated in the 2009 film Watchmen. The latter character was locked up in an intrinsic field chamber and eventually returned as Doctor Manhattan.
- When Harry asks Cisco if he still has the "wand", Cisco asks if he means the Wizard's Wand. Harry sarcastically replies that he's referring to the wand for "the Harry Potter convention". Although Harry was being sarcastic, Cisco is curious how Harry knows about the Potter convention.
- Jesse and Wally are hit by the particle accelerator explosion's subsequent energy wave immediately after Barry is disintegrated, a reference to the fact that both characters have comic book counterparts with super speed.
- When Rupture confronts Cisco Ramon and Dante to avenge his brother's death, Cisco comments that he was "princess briding them" and then said "We have no beef with you, Inigo." This is a reference to Inigo Montoya, a minor protagonist in "The Princess Bride", who had declare vengeance upon the man who killed his father. In the movie, his memorable quote was, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|