- "The samurai: they were formidable foes. They'd often make unstoppable enemies to their opponents. You wouldn't want to cross one."
- —Clifford DeVoe[src]
Samurai robots were combat robots designed to look like traditional samurai warriors. They were presumably created by Marlize DeVoe. One of such robots, nicknamed Samuroid by Cisco Ramon, tried to goad out the Flash into the open, as part of DeVoe's plan to bring Barry Allen out of the Speed Force. Another one of the robots was used as part of the attack on S.T.A.R. Labs.
Marlize DeVoe created at least two units of the samurai robots, one of which was destroyed by the Flash, with its remains brought to S.T.A.R. Labs. The other robot was destroyed by Joe West during DeVoe's attack on S.T.A.R. Labs.
The Samurai model is made out of both heavily armored material, giving it the appearance of samurai armor, and a more cloth-like substance covering the joints of the robot, making it look like a clothed person wearing pieces of armor. The models possess great destructive strength and have considerable mastery of swordsmanship. The units are equipped with jet packs and wings that allow them to properly adjust their flight.
A unit of the Samurai model, nicknamed Samuroid, fought Team Flash throughout Central City and was eventually destroyed and picked up by Barry Allen. Marlize DeVoe repaired another unit of this model at their hideout and placed it on a stand. However, Clifford commented that the samurai they sent out had served his purpose already, luring the Flash out into the open. He wasn't very honest, though, as the captured Samuroid also contained spy cameras that DeVoe continued to use to spy on S.T.A.R. Labs. The Samuroid later falsely sent out a signal to Barry to lure him to the DeVoe house.
- Armor pieces: Designed for protection and the look of samurai armor.
- Wings and jet packs: Utilized for propelled flight.
- Swords: Used by the robots for direct combat with an enemy.
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics continuity, the Samuroids were an army of robotic Samurai warriors designed by Baron Katana as a plan for Japan's revenge after World War II. They were fought at different times by the Flash, Barry Allen, along with Bruce Wayne, Batman and another Flash, Jay Garrick.