- For the eponymous character, see Sara Lance.
- "My friend, our friend, was shot with arrows and fell off of a rooftop. Her body is upstairs right above us in a freezer because we don't know what to do with it, with her, so I am so sorry, Oliver, if I have feelings, but maybe if you did, too... I'm sorry. That was mean. But this is Sara we're talking about. Your Sara. How can you stand there being so cold and rational?"
- "Because I don't have the luxury of falling to pieces. Everyone is looking to me to handle things, to make the right decisions. Everyone is looking to me to lead. If I grieve, nobody else gets to."
- —Felicity and Oliver on Sara's murder
|Quentin calls The Arrow when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer's identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix, who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source - Laurel. Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn't heard from Thea, which forces Roy to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer pursues Felicity. In the flashback, Maseo tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy. Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara with Quentin.|
The following morning, Oliver, Roy and Felicity head to the Foundry. Once they enter the basement, Oliver sees Sara struck with the three arrows. Laurel had brought her there. Oliver was in shock whilst Laurel and Felicity broke down, crying. Oliver closes Sara's wide open eyes and holds Laurel to him as he repeats "I'm so sorry" over and over.
Five years ago in Hong Kong, Oliver learns that he is to sniper kill someone. He aims the gun and when the person turns, he is amazed that it is his best friend Tommy.
In the present, Laurel is remembering about Sara from when they were growing up.
Oliver vows to find who killed Sara. Laurel says that she will help him but Oliver doesn't want her involved due to being upset. Laurel decides not to tell her father right away. Laurel then leaves the bar. Oliver tries calling Thea but gets her voicemail. Felicity comes over and tells him that they didn't get anything on camera.
Oliver heads to the roof and looks into who shot Sara. He soon begins to imagine how it happened when Dig shows up. He asks if Oliver is okay and tries to be there for Oliver who is upset with the knowledge of how the person killed Sara. Felicity calls and tells him that Detective Lance called so he heads off to meet the man. He then tells the Arrow about how the shooter is dropping bodies of businessmen.
In the Foundry, Roy is cataloging Sara's affects as Felicity reminisces about Sara. That is when her cell phone rang and it was her boss. She tells him that there was a death in the family. Oliver arrives and they look into who the shooter of the businessmen. Oliver then looks at his phone and gets upset when he hasn't heard from her.
In Hong Kong five years ago, Oliver learns Tommy was there because of him as he had gotten into his email, before he could contact anyone. Felicity learns that Roy is looking for Thea. He then shows Felicity the note she left behind. Felicity says that Oliver needs to see the note. Felicity then heads to Queen Consolidated to where Ray Palmer was. She didn't want to work for Ray or have anything to do with him. She then tells him that she quits. She then tries to head out but Ray apologizes for what she is truly upset about. She then leaves.
Oliver heads to talk to the drug dealer who could've seen something. He had to threaten the man.
Dig is looking into ARGUS's files like Oliver had asked and learned that the man shooting the businessmen is Simon Lacroix. Oliver then went after him.
Laurel is still in the foundry and asks to see whats happening so Felicity pulls up a camera feed.
Oliver is shot off his bike and the man makes a quick escape. Laurel then gets upset. Felicity is looking into a connection.
In Hong Kong, Oliver tries to come up with a better plan than killing his best friend. Tommy is then drugged.
Oliver gets upset at Felicity and he apologizes. She removes her glasses and breaks down because she is upset about Sara. Laurel heads to the hospital and makes her way to talk to the witness. She then threatens the man, wanting to know what the man knew. He then reveals that they were trying to build an oil pipeline. Someone across the way shoots him dead through the glass. Oliver tries Thea again and gets her voicemail. He begs her to call him back. Roy looks on. Dig shows up and asks what Oliver needs. Roy then gives Oliver Thea's note. He admits that he had it from during the siege. Roy felt guilty but Oliver just says "Ok."
Laurel bumps into her father and instead of telling her father about Sara, she remains quiet. She heads to the Foundry and tells Felicity and the team about what she learned.Laurel grabs a gun and Oliver tries to get Laurel to stay behind. He promises to not let him escape this time.
Ray has a speech in front of the businessmen inside of Queen Consolidated. Ray tells them about giving up his money to fix Star City. That is when Simon breaks in and goes after his target. Roy intercedes as the Arrow fights Simon. Ray watches as Roy and the Arrow fight the man and then go after him. The arrow and Simon shoot each other face to face. Laurel then shows up before Oliver could find out who hired the man. Laurel believes that the man had killed Sara but the man denied it. Laurel tries to pull the trigger but there were no bullets. They then rush out.
The next morning, Oliver tells her that her father deserves to know that Sara is dead as he doesn't know how long it will take to find who killed Sara. Laurel heads to see her father. She tries to speak and then she says that she lied to him. However his alarm went off for his pills. She notices the framed photo of her and Sara. She doesn't tell him about Sara.
That evening they decide to bury Sara where her headstone was. Felicity starts throwing some of the dirt back on the coffin, claiming that despite it being a Jewish custom, it felt right. Oliver follows. Laurel declares it isn't right and that it was perverse to bury her there. Oliver holds Laurel. Dig then tells them that his daughter is named Sara.
In Hong Kong five years ago, Tommy wakes up and begs for his life. Oliver is the one who is behind him and talks about ransom. The other man shows up, claiming to be police and sets him free.
In the foundry later, Dig tells him that he is back on the team and how Sara and him were like family. Oliver then says he needs to go get Thea. Oliver says he doesn't want to die down there.
Laurel holds Sara's plushie and then looks at the leather canary jacket. Dig looks on his baby Sara.
Roy is alone looking at an old photo of him with Thea.
Ray is at Queen Consolidated when Felicity shows up. She tells him she changed her mind as she wanted more out of life.
In Corto Maltese, Malcolm applauds Thea as she works out against two opponents. "Thanks dad," she says in response to his well done.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Arrow
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn
- Paul Blackthorne as Captain Quentin Lance
Special guest star
- Caity Lotz as Sara Lance
- Karl Yune as Maseo Yamashiro
- Patrick Gilmore as Erlich Kelso
- Matt Ward as Simon Lacroix/Komodo
- Jordan Becker as Young Thug
- Simon Burnett as Tim Kaufman
- Gerald Paetz as Weston
- Celine Stubel as Officer
Preparation ran from July 10 to July 18, 2014. Shooting ran from July 21 to July 30, 2014.
- Felicity's comparison of Sara to an Amazonian Warrior is a reference to Wonder Woman.
- Qurac is mentioned several times in the episode, described by Felicity as "the largest untapped oil field on the planet", where AmerTek was planning on striking a deal to build an oil pipeline. In the comics, Qurac is a small Middle Eastern country on the Persian Gulf, wedged between Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Oman.
- This episode has the shortest title in , with only 4 letters.
- This is the first episode in the Arrowverse to be named after a character in a civilian sense and to only contain the character's name.
- Oliver unknowingly foreshadowed his death in "" when he told Diggle, "I don't want to die down here." In that episode, Oliver died in a bunker similar to the one where Sara's body was taken.
- The aerial view of Corto Maltese in the end is actually a view of the Rock of Monaco. The grey stone building above the sea is Monaco's Oceanographic Museum.
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|