- "I don't start fresh. Now see, this is what you got wrong about me. Every scar on my body is a memory, a lesson that I learned in blood. And it's what makes me who I am. And I don't forget any of it."
- —Sara Lance to Bishop[src]
Sara Lance (Manufactured: 2021) is the clone of the original Sara Lance. She was created by Bishop after Sara's death and has all the memories of the original Sara. She has retained all her previous memories, skills and relationships and has thus reclaimed her position as leader of the Legends and captain of the Waverider. She is the fiancée of Ava Sharpe and good friend of Zari Tarazi, Nate Heywood, John Constantine, Behrad Tarazi, and Mick Rory.
After the real Sara Lance died from the poison caused by Amelia Earhart, Bishop took the opportunity to create a clone that had the same personality and memories of the original, so much so that she had no idea she was a clone in the first place.
Learning Bishop's plan and the truth
After her creation, she woke up to Nurse Ava telling her Bishop saved her life. Bishop then also enters the room, telling Sara about his grand plans for her, but Sara declines to train his new augmented human race and is locked in another room. She is later confronted by Nurse Ava again, who Sara threatens to kill in order to have her help Sara, but she declines. This causes Sara to lash out at her, telling her that she has a life and a soul and that Bishop can't control her.
It appears she convinced Nurse Ava quite well as she later returned with a fuel cell, ready to leave Pliny X19 with Sara. Arriving at Kayla's spaceship, Nurse Ava revealed it was a trap to lead them to the ship, as she's loyal to Bishop. When Bishop and the other Ava clones arrived, he explained that losing the specimens from the pods didn't mean that he didn't have anything to work with as the ship stored DNA of every creature kept in the pods through "data redundancy". This caused a fight to ensue, ending with Sara seemingly killing Bishop before being put to sleep with a dart. After waking up, she was back at Bishop's lair, confronted by Bishop.
Sara quickly figured out that Bishop cloned himself in order to save his life, telling him he could actually have done a lot if he used his knowledge for good. Bishop then left, saying that she'll see it his way in time and that nobody was coming to save her. Back in her cell, Sara noticed Bishop was spying on her and used a sticker to cover the camera that he used to do so. She then saw Gary Green come through the toilet. Sara told Gary to find a power source for the ship and that she'd find a way out by herself.
Sara then lured Bishop to her cell and claimed that she was up to be a part of Bishop's plan and put the past behind them. At dinner, Bishop told Sara that her friend, Mick Rory, had arrived on Pliny X19 and that he was dead because Bishop dropped the artificial barrier. This caused Sara to attack him and use him to open the doors inside his lair, telling him she was going to stop him for good this time. After entering Bishop's laboratory, she found the body of the original Sara Lance.
Escape and proposal
Bishop told Sara his plan of merging human and alien DNA to create the perfect human and that with her resilience, unlike Amelia Earhart, she is the perfect blue-print for his new human race. He told her he plans to create millions of alien-Sara hybrid clones and together conquer the galaxy. Sara was repulsed by this and goes to reclaim Ava Sharpe's engagement ring which is still on her dead body's finger. Bishop stopped her, taking the ring which only angered her more so he had his AVA guards detain her and take her to be incinerated.
Sara fought them off but was stopped by Gary, Nurse Ava and Mick who explained they were there to save her and that the AVAs were now on her side. Mick urged them to leave but Sara insisted that she needed to stop Bishop first. Nurse Ava told her that they needed to take down all his generators at the same time to prevent a back-up from kicking in. In the process of preparing a generator for destruction, Sara cut herself and noticed the wound immediately healing. Realizing Bishop had tampered with her DNA, she went to confront him and he revealed that he merged her DNA with that of an alien. She apprehended him, refraining from killing him in order to prevent him from generating a new body and reclaimed her ring.
Not wanting to be stuck in an alien body, Sara had Nurse Ava make another clone of her that was strictly human to go home with the others. However, while in the process of printing the clone, Mick barged in and killed Bishop who started to digitally upload his consciousness to the cloud which would enable him to print a copy of himself from anywhere in the universe. Nurse Ava noted that the only way to stop him was to destroy the generators but Sara wanted to wait for her clone to be printed. With barely no time left until Bishop's upload would be complete, Mick told her to blow it up but Sara explained the situation to him, although Mick encouraged her and they left, blowing the place up.
Sara, Mick and Gary said good-bye to the AVAs who opted to stay on the planet and headed to Kayla's ship, fighting off aliens to get there. They flew the ship back and Sara was reunited with Ava on the Waverider who was overjoyed to see her. They met up with the other Legends who had travelled to London in 1977 in an attempt to stop Sara's abduction from happening in the first place. While there, Sara decided to propose to Ava, like she had planned the first time they were there. Ava said yes and they kissed as fireworks went off in the background.
Back in action
For her first mission back as captain of the Waverider the Legends travelled to the wild west to track down an alien. Before, Sara revealed to Ava that she was alien-human hybrid clone but asked her not to tell the others, wanting things to feel like they were back to normal.
Sara and the Legends travelled to 2023 in Vancouver upon tracking an alien there. Before leaving, they were surprised to see Mick's daughter Lita from 2023 pregnant and Sara asked Ava to stay with Mick. While the Legends were visiting the set of the comedy Bud Stuy, Sara and Spooner tried to prevent the alien from falling, but Spooner's shot missed and the cryochamber fell on Bud Stuy's set. Sara reported what happened, and they went to the set to capture the alien, but they were knocked down by the screams of the alien whom they nicknamed "Gus-Gus" and they were temporarily deaf, and they had to find another way to catch the alien and Sara chose Nate Heywood to pretend to be an actor to try to catch the alien.
Sara accompanied Gary, and they began to suspect that Mick was planning something. Sara talked to Ava and Lita, and they realized that Mick was planning to kill Lita's boyfriend, Niko and Sara along with Lita and Gary went to stop Mick, but soon realized that Mick was only talking to him, and they were surprised when Mick said he had sex with Kayla. After completing the mission, Sara and the others threw Behrad Tarazi a surprise birthday party and were happy to see that the original Zari had returned. Sara was also surprised to find out Kayla had laid her eggs in Mick's head during their encounter, making him essentially pregnant.
Sara and Ava took a day off to look at wedding venues and returned to find Mick and Lita in the med bay where they were excited to see the ultrasound of Mick's alien babies.
Sara is a smart individual, a leader who is good at making plans, as seen when she told Gary Green what to do in order to try and escape Pliny X19 as well as creating a plan in order to mislead Bishop and try to escape his clutches by herself.
Sara is also a sentimental and scarred person. A lot of bad things have happened to her, but she doesn't forget these things. She learns from them, remembering these lessons for the rest of her life.
Powers and abilities
- Human-alien hybrid physiology: When she was cloned by Bishop, he merged her DNA with that of an alien (with Gary suspecting that the alien species she's become a hybrid of may be a Wafter) in an attempt to make her "the perfect human." This caused her to gain alien-like abilities, like the way he did with Amelia Earhart, but successfully.
- Peak of human physical condition: According to Gary, Sara was a candidate for cloning due to being "the quintessential human." Hence, her cloned self retains her physicality but none of her scars. She is very strong, enough to snap a fully grown man's neck.
- High-level intellect/Expert tactician/Leader: Sara is very intelligent, just like her original self was. She was able to quickly deduce that Bishop is cheating death using clones. She was also able to credibly feign loyalty and enthusiasm to make Bishop free her from her room. She has retained the entirety of her original self's training, experience and knowledge, including (but not limited to) tactics, driving/piloting, thieving, interrogation/torture, medicine, toxicology and various languages.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Sara is an exceptional combatant, as she retained all of her training and skills her original self had. She took down numerous, highly-trained Ava clones and Bishop in a short amount of time, snapping his neck, and then she later beat him to near-death in their second fight, to the point he chose to kill himself to reincarnate in an intact clone, rather than tolerate the damage.Sara's fighting style consists of Aikido, Boxing, Bojutsu, Kickboxing, Capoeira, Escrima, Wrestling, Kung Fu, Karate, Hapkido, Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu, Savate, Tae Kwon Do and Wing Chun.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
|Other versions of Sara Lance (clone)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Sara Lance.|
|Earth: Prime • Clone|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 16 • X|