Powers and abilities
- Infernian physiology: Like every infernian, scorcher has special abilities
- Pyrogenesis: Scorcher is able to generate fire from her body, which she can form into fireballs. She can also produce enough heat to cause solar-powered kryptonians mild pain.
- Pyrokinesis: Scorcher is able to manipulate fire.
- Super strength: Scorcher possesses sufficient strength to put up a fight against solar-powered kryptonians, however is not quite as strong as them.
- Super durability: Scorcher is more durable than humans, able to withstand repetitive hits from several sources. however, she is not bulletproof (she repetitively avoided being shot) and can be knocked down even by humans, if those activate enough force (Maggie Sawyer knocked her down by hitting her over the head with a pipe). She is also heat-proof and fire-proof.
Behind the scenes
- There are several characters, mostly super-villains, with the name Scorcher in the DC comics, though only three are female and are related to the element of fire:
- Cynthia Brand debuted in Scare Tactics #3 (February, 1997) and was created by Len Kaminski and Anthony Williams.
- An unnamed woman, who was a member of the super-villain team known as Dark Nemesis, debuted in Teen Titans vol. 2, #7 (April, 1997). The character was created by Dan Jurgens and George Pérez.
- Aubrey Sparks (also known as Scorch) debuted in Superman vol. 2 #160 (September, 2000) and was created by John DeMatteis and Mike Miller.
- Scorcher resembles in appearance another super-villain and enemy of Superman from the DC universe, Claire Selton a.k.a. Volcana. The character first appeared in Superman: The Animated Series, in the episode "Where There's Smoke", voiced by Peri Gilpin. Besides from the similar skillset, both characters have red hair and wear clothes with colour themes of different variations of red.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.