Powers and abilities
- Pyrogenesis: Scorcher is able to generate fire from her body, which she can form into fireballs.
- Pyrokinesis: Scorcher is able to manipulate fire.
Behind the scenes
- There are several characters, mostly super-villains, with the name Scorcher in the DC comics, though only three are female and are related to the element of fire:
- Cynthia Brand debuted in Scare Tactics #3 (February, 1997) and was created by Len Kaminski and Anthony Williams.
- An unnamed woman, who was a member of the super-villain team known as Dark Nemesis, debuted in Teen Titans vol. 2, #7 (April, 1997). The character was created by Dan Jurgens and George Pérez.
- Aubrey Sparks (also known as Scorch) debuted in Superman vol. 2 #160 (September, 2000) and was created by John DeMatteis and Mike Miller.
- Scorcher resembles in appearance another super-villain and enemy of Superman from the DC universe, Claire Selton a.k.a. Volcana. The character first appeared in Superman: The Animated Series, in the episode "Where There's Smoke", voiced by Peri Gilpin. Besides from the similar skillset, both characters have red hair and wear clothes with colour themes of different variations of red.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.