The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Season 1 • 2 • 3|
was renewed for a second season by The CW on January 7, 2020. The shift to January was a result of the COVID-19 pandemic affecting production. On October 29, 2020, it was announced that Season 2 would premiere on January 17, 2021.
|In season two of Batwoman, when Ryan Wilder first discovers Kate Kane's Batsuit, she has no idea how drastically her life is about to change. A sassy, smart lesbian with a difficult past, Ryan sees the suit as her chance to finally be powerful and no longer a victim as she survives in the tough streets of the city. While Ryan goes rogue in the shadows, Gotham grapples with their missing hero, believing Batwoman has fled the city after a public stand-off with Commander Jacob Kane and the Crows. But Kate Kane's disappearance hits hardest at home where Jacob, Sophie, Luke, Mary, and even Alice each struggle with the devastating news in their own way. Meanwhile, the False Face Society tightens its grip on Gotham, distributing a perilous new drug known as Snakebite, "Bruce Wayne" finds his way home to wreak havoc, Safiyah surfaces with plans for revenge, and a new set of villains descends on the city. It's not long before Ryan realizes how much the symbol on the suit means to Gotham, launching her on a personal journey that takes her from fledgling substitute to confident caped crusader, from living in her van with her plant to chasing villains in the Batmobile. Ryan Wilder becomes a very different Batwoman than Kate Kane - her own Batwoman - but with the same understanding of what it means to be a hero.|
- Javicia Leslie as Ryan Wilder/Batwoman
- Rachel Skarsten as Beth Kane/Alice
- Meagan Tandy as Agent Sophie Moore
- Nicole Kang as Mary Hamilton
- Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox
- Dougray Scott as Commander Jacob Kane
- Sam Littlefield as Jonathan Cartwright/Mouse
- Christina Wolfe as Agent Julia Pennyworth
- Shivani Ghai as Safiyah Sohail
- Leah Gibson as Tatiana/The Whisper
- Nathan Owens as Ocean
- Bevin Bru as Angelique Martin
- Rachel Maddow as Vesper Fairchild (voice)
- Sean Kuling as Agent Whelan
- Allison Riley as Dana Dewitt
- TBA as Black Mask
Confirmed plot points
- David Ramsey will return as John Diggle.
- Safiyah Sohail and Black Mask will be the "big bads" of the season.
- Ryan Wilder will have a vendetta against the False Face Society because the idea of drugs permeating the city and nobody taking any responsibility for it strikes at her core.
- This season will focus on Snakebite, a drug that is being produced and sold onto the streets of Gotham by Black Mask.
Confirmed new characters
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||Holly Dale||Caroline Dries||January 17, 2021|
|Kate's friends and family hold on to hope that Kate may still be found, a homeless 25-year-old named Ryan Wilder stumbles upon Kate’s Batsuit. Focused on no longer being a victim. Ryan takes the suit to use as armor and goes rogue in the streets of Gotham, taking out various members of a new gang called the False Face Society. Meanwhile, both Jacob Kane and Luke Fox launch searches for Kate, Mary Hamilton grapples with losing yet another family member, Sophie Moore struggles with things left unsaid to her first love, and Alice is furious that someone got to Kate before she could exact her revenge. At the same time, "Bruce Wayne" returns under the pretence of searching for Kate, but the truth is he wants his suit back and it becomes the clash of imposters as "Batwoman" and "Bruce" square off in the action-packed season premiere.|
|2||""||Carl Seaton||James Stoteraux & Chad Fiveash||January 24, 2021|
|After her quick spin in the Batgear, Ryan Wilder is back to facing the daily challenges of life as herself. Meanwhile, Alice has a new, devious plan to get the attention of both Gotham and Safiyah. With Kate still missing and the city in an uprising, Luke and Mary are desperate to find a stand in. In a pinch, Ryan dons the suit again and comes face-to-face with Alice for the first time. Back at Crows Headquarters, Sophie and Commander Kane try to uncover who may have had a vendetta against Kate.|
|3||""||Holly Dale||Nancy Kiu||January 31, 2021|
|As Ryan Wilder continues to prove herself as Batwoman, she encounters the challenge of every superhero – living a double life. Mary is still Team Ryan, while Luke continues to have reservations – especially when Ryan makes some alterations and unveils a new Batsuit! Meanwhile, Victor Zsasz is slashing his way through the city streets, and Commander Kane has The Crows trying to stop the flow of Snakebite through Gotham. Safiyah takes notice of Alice's antics and Sophie finds herself in unexpected circumstances.|
|4||""||Menhaj Huda||Ebony Gilbert||February 14, 2021|
|As Batwoman attempts to fight the proliferation of Snakebite through Gotham, a random encounter forces her to revisit her painful past. Empowered by her new role, Ryan Wilder is determined to ensure others like her don't go unnoticed. Meanwhile, those closest to Kate are given a good reason to believe she is still alive, forcing unexpected alliances and betrayals.|
|5||""||Norma Bailey||Daniel Thomsen||February 21, 2021|
|Batwoman is approached by Commander Kane and Agent Moore to boost an infamous work of art that reveals the way to Coryana - and Kate. Despite her reservations, Luke and Mary convince Ryan to take the assignment, causing tensions within the Bat-team to escalate. Meanwhile, as Alice attempts to fulfill Safiyah's insidious request, she slowly discovers that she may not remember everything about her time on Coryana.|
|6||""||Holly Dale||Caroline Dries & Daphne Miles||February 28, 2021|
|As Ryan Wilder's Kryptonite wound grows more severe, it hinders Batwoman's ability to protect Gotham. Growing interest in reproducing the serum from the Desert Rose puts Mary's and Commander Kane's lives in danger. Meanwhile, Alice's reunion with a fellow Coryana inhabitant presents unexpected complications.|
- On May 19, Ruby Rose announced her departure from the series just two days after the conclusion of the first season finale, "". It was initially reported that the role of Kate Kane would be recast. However on June 2, it was announced that an entirely new character would be introduced to replace Rose's character as Batwoman. By July 8, Javicia Leslie was hired.
- Production began on September 3, 2020, but Leslie's first day began a day later. In a welcome back video with Nicole Kang (Mary Hamilton) and Camrus Johnson (Luke Fox), Johnson reassured fans, "We're safe, we're distanced, people are wearing masks, everything's fine!".
Behind the scenes
- There was going to be a crossover episode with .
- However, on January 14, 2021, it was announced that the crossover was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • "" • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.