'Supergirl' Season 4: Comic-Con 2018 Trailer
Do you like this video?
was renewed for a fourth season by The CW on April 2, 2018. It premiered on October 14, 2018.
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl and Kara Danvers
- Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen/Guardian and Jimmy
- Chyler Leigh as Director Alex Danvers and Alex Danvers
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor
- Jesse Rath as Querl Dox/Brainiac 5
- Sam Witwer as Ben Lockwood/Agent Liberty
- Nicole Maines as Nia Nal/Dreamer
- April Parker Jones as Colonel Lauren Haley
- David Harewood as J'onn J'onzz
- Brenda Strong as Lillian Luthor
- Andrea Brooks as Eve Teschmacher
- Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott
- David Ajala as Manchester Black
- Tiya Sircar as Fiona Byrne
- Rhona Mitra as Mercy Graves
- Robert Baker as Otis Graves
- Lynda Carter as Olivia Marsdin
- Bruce Boxleitner as President Baker
- Anthony Konechny as Raymond Jensen/Parasite
- Xander Berkeley as Peter Lockwood
- Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor
- Azie Tesfai as Kelly Olsen
- Hannah James as Maeve Nal
- Jessica Meraz as Pamela Ferrer/Menagerie
- Louis Ozawa Changchien as The Hat
Confirmed plot points
- The theme of the season is, "What Is Stronger; Hope or Fear?"
- The Red Son-ish cliffhanger from the Season 3 finale will become a big centerpiece in the latter part of the season.
- Ben Lockwood/Agent Liberty will be the main antagonist of this season.
- This season, Brainiac 5 will socially butt heads with a couple people.
- David Harewood will direct an episode this season.
- Lex Luthor will be introduced this season.
- James Olsen's sister will appear this season.
- Nia Nal's mother and sister will appear this season.
- Manchester Black will form a group called "Elite", consisting of Menagerie, the Hat and Coldcast.
Confirmed new characters
- Lex Luthor: He will shake things up in National City and go toe to toe with not only Supergirl, but his sister Lena Luthor.
- Kelly Olsen: Kelly is an intelligent and insightful woman who spent time in the military in order to pay for medical school. She's recently discharged from the military and is currently finishing her training as a psychiatrist. She's got a large heart and cares deeply about others.
- Maeve Nal: Driven and focused on maintaining the Nal family’s rich legacy. She and Nia have a strong sisterly bond, although Maeve has always had to work harder to achieve what comes naturally to Nia.
- Isabel Nal: The warm and nurturing mother of Nia Nal, is a local hero in her own right. She is a wise and generous matriarch and has raised her family to be bold and courageous, as well as to love fiercely and openly.
- Pamela Ferrer/Menagerie: A member of Manchester Black’s “Elite,” Menagerie is a jewel thief who doesn’t mind hurting people.
- Quentin: A wide-eyed government attaché who is grateful when Supergirl saves his life. However, when he shows his true colors by attending an anti-alien rally, Supergirl aims to prove to Quentin that not all aliens are bad.
- The Hat: A young Japanese man who gains the ability to be invulnerable and breathe fire after being merged with a demon, with his hat serving as his primary conduit.
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||Jesse Warn||Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller||Gabriel Llanas & Aadrita Mukerji||October 14, 2018|
|Diving back into reporting, Kara welcomes a new cub reporter to CatCo. Meanwhile, James and Lena argue about James' impending indictment for acting as the vigilante Guardian, while Alex and Brainy struggle to get in sync at the DEO. Supergirl is called into action when remnants of the anti-alien terrorist organization Cadmus try to assassinate pro-alien leaders, but their endgame turns out to be much more sinister than she expected. J'onn relishes his peaceful new life, but an outing with an old friend causes him concern.|
|2||""||Harry Jierjian||Dana Horgan||Maria Maggenti & Daniel Beaty||October 21, 2018|
|A shocking revelation causes chaos in National City. Supergirl sets out to capture Mercy Graves, while Alex takes control at the DEO. Back at CatCo, Kara decides to write an investigative story on Mercy and asks Lena if she can interview her as Mercy has ties to the Luthors. Meanwhile, Brainy meets Nia and the two end up in a precarious situation.|
|3||""||Jesse Warn||Robin Wright & Derek Simon||October 28, 2018|
|Ben Lockwood didn't always hate aliens. Through a series of incidents, and input from his anti-alien father, Ben slowly transforms from a mild-mannered professor into the villainous Agent Liberty of today.|
|4||""||Armen Kevorkian||Eric Carrasco||Katie Rose Rogers & Jess Kardos||November 4, 2018|
|When Supergirl needs help, Alex asks Lena and Brainiac to team up; J'onn questions his decision to quit the DEO, but after running into Manchester Black, he realizes there are a lot of ways to help his fellow aliens.|
|5||""||David McWhirter||Maria Maggenti & Aadrita Mukerji||November 11, 2018|
|Colonel Haley makes a surprising decision regarding Supergirl. Kara writes a series of articles highlighting aliens in National City in the hopes that humans will stop being so fearful of them. Unfortunately, the article puts some of the aliens in harm’s way.|
|6||""||Antonio Negret||Gabriel Llanas & Daniel Beaty||November 18, 2018|
|Everyone gathers for Thanksgiving but Kara is feeling down after her televised debate with Ben Lockwood about the anti-alien sentiment coursing through National City. Meanwhile, James and Lena argue about the best way to handle the Children of Liberty.|
|7||""||Chad Lowe||Dana Horgan & Katie Rose Rogers||November 25, 2018|
|James falls in deeper with the Children of Liberty in his efforts to meet Agent Liberty. Meanwhile, Supergirl and Manchester Black follow a lead on Agent Liberty’s location, but things take a dark turn. Lena kicks off her first set of trials.|
|8||""||Kevin Smith||Rob Wright & Eric Carrasco||December 2, 2018|
|Nia has a powerful dream about Agent Liberty but refuses to look at it as a prophetic dream and pushes it aside. After noticing something is bothering Nia, Kara enlists Brainy's help, and the two try to persuade Nia to embrace her destiny. Meanwhile, Manchester Black pays Ben Lockwood a menacing visit.|
|9||""||Jesse Warn||Marc Guggenheim||Derek Simon & Robert Rovner||December 11, 2018|
|Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow and Superman engage in the battle of their lives.|
|10||""||Rachel Talalay||Maria Maggenti & Gabriel Llanas||January 20, 2019|
|Colonel Haley is upset after Supergirl responds to a distress call from a Navy ship that turned out to be a deadly alien attack. Colonel Haley reclaims the site as DEO territory and demands that Supergirl step aside. After Supergirl refuses to be told what to do, Haley refocuses her energy on finding out Supergirl’s true identity and begins to interrogate all DEO agents, including Alex. Meanwhile, Brainiac-5 tries to persuade Nia to embrace her superpowers but she misinterprets his motives.|
|11||TBA||TBA||TBA||January 27, 2019|
- This season airs on Sundays at 8/7c, as opposed to the past three seasons, where it aired on Mondays at the same time.
- Manchester Black was originally going to be the main antagonist of this season.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • TBA • "" • ""|