Matching wits with The Thinker, who by season's end had harnessed the powers of all twelve bus metas he created, stretched Team Flash to their limits, but with the help of some new allies, Barry Allen (aka The Flash) and company were able to put a stop to the Enlightenment and save Central City once again.
However, with the arrival of Barry and Iris' speedster daughter, Nora, who arrived from the future admitting to having made a "big mistake", things are anything but status quo. Will parenthood be the challenge that finally slows The Flash down?
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Danielle Nicolet as District Attorney Cecille Horton
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Nora West-Allen/XS
- Chris Klein as Orlin/Cicada
- Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Sherloque Wells, Professor Eobard Thawne (archive footage), and Harrison Wolfgang Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash
- Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- Susan Walters as Dr. Carla Tannhauser
- Kiana Madeira as Spencer Young/Spin
- Kyle Secor as Dr. Thomas Snow
Confirmed plot points
- There will be a three-show crossover with Supergirl and Arrow. The crossover will introduce Batwoman, Gotham City, and Lois Lane.
- One of the themes for this season is family. Another theme for the season is "legacy".
- There may be a lot of deaths this season.
- Why and how Caitlin got her Killer Frost powers will be explained.
- A possible episode in the second half of the season will feature both Grodd and King Shark.
- Caitlin and Ralph's friendship will be explored but it won't turn into romance.
- Dr. Thomas Snow will appear this season.
- There will be a few new versions of Wells.
- Cisco and Ralph's friendship will be explored.
- Harry Wells, Jesse Wells and Jay Garrick may return.
- Hunter Zolomon/Zoom will return in the 100th episode of the series and other past speedster villains may appear as well.
- There will be an origin episode revolving around Cicada.
- Orlin's daughter is going to be very important to his story.
- There’s a reason why as Cicada he wants all metahumans to die and it will be revealed what that reason is.
- Jesse L. Martin will appear less this season as he needed to take a temporary medical leave due to a back injury. It is unknown how many episodes he filmed before he left and when he will return.
Confirmed new characters
- Thomas Snow: Thomas is an extremely intelligent geneticist who has been MIA for a few decades. As he returns to Central City, Thomas will do his best to make up for lost time with his daughter Caitlin and his wife Carla. But what they don't know about Thomas is that he is keeping a big and mysterious secret.
- Lois Lane: The estranged daughter of U.S. General Sam Lane, Lois is a tenacious, righteous and stubborn reporter who will go to any length to get the story and almost never fails.
- Monitor: A mysterious visitor who is from another planet and is both ambiguous, inscrutable and has the power that is teased as nearly infinite.
- Nora Fries:
- John Deegan: A doctor at Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane in Gotham City, but he might just be crazier than the inmates he treats. His machinations will draw Green Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl to Gotham City.
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||David McWhirter||Todd Helbing & Sam Chalsen||October 9, 2018|
|After an unexpected guest from the future, Nora West-Allen, appears at their home, Barry and Iris, must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline, even more than she already has. Team Flash must work together to send Nora back, while simultaneously fighting off another villainous meta.|
|2||""||Kim Miles||Eric Wallace & Judalina Neira||October 16, 2018|
|As Barry helps his daughter, Nora, become a better speedster, he and Team Flash also track down a meta stealing high-tech weapons, only to cross paths with a new foe named Cicada, who is hunting the very same meta with nefarious intent.|
|3||""||Andi Armaganian||Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza||October 23, 2018|
|After Cicada's attack on the Flash, the team realizes they need to think outside the box to stop this dangerous new foe. Desperate to help her parents, Nora comes up with a plan that ultimately puts a member of Team Flash in danger. Meanwhile, Caitlin delves into her past.|
|4||""||Brent Crowell||Kelly Wheeler & Lauren Certo||October 30th, 2018|
|Barry and Iris face the ultimate parenting test when Team Flash battles Spin, a savvy millennial armed with meta tech, and a dangerous agenda for their daughter, Nora. Ralph is feeling defeated until an unlikely source issue a challenge to help boost his confidence.|
|5||""||TBA||TBA||November 13, 2018|
|Nora lets something slip about the future that devastates Iris. In an attempt to distract his wife, Barry asks Iris to team up to stop a new meta, Rag Doll. Meanwhile, Caitlin learns something about her father.|
|6||""||TBA||TBA||November 20, 2018|
|7||""||TBA||TBA||November 27, 2018|
|8||""||Tom Cavanagh||TBA||December 4, 2018|
|9||""||TBA||TBA||December 9, 2018|
|10||""||TBA||TBA||January 15, 2019|
|The Flash season 5|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|