|Season 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8|
- "See, family, they rely on one another. Family trust each other. See, when the family does well, each member prospers, but if just one person betrays that family..."
- —Ricardo Diaz[src]
The sixth season of premiered on October 12, 2017, on The CW and concluded on May 17, 2018. The season consisted of 23 episodes.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Hood/Green Arrow and Oliver/Dark Arrow
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan/Green Arrow
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen/Speedy
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak/Overwatch
- Echo Kellum as Dr. Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance/Black Siren and Laurel Lance
- Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance
- Adrian Holmes as Frank Pike
- Jack Moore as William Clayton
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels
- Venus Terzo as Dr. Elisa Schwartz
- David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev
- Kacey Rohl as Alena Whitlock/Kojo Sledgehammer
- Michael Emerson as Cayden James
- Sydelle Noel as Samanda Watson
- Kathleen Gati as Raisa
- Tobias Jelinek as Sheck
- Johann Urb as Vincent Sobel/Vigilante
- Pej Vahdat as Sam Armand
- Teryl Rothery as Jean Loring
- Tina Huang as Kimberly Hill
- Gina Ravera as Lydia Cassamento
- Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo Diaz/Dragon
- Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
- Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. He returned home to Star City, bent on righting the wrongs done by his family and fighting injustice. As the Green Arrow, he protects his city with the help of former soldier John Diggle, computer-science expert Felicity Smoak, his vigilante-trained sister Thea Queen, Deputy Mayor Quentin Lance, brilliant inventor Curtis Holt, and his new recruits, street-savvy Rene Ramirez and meta-human Dinah Drake. Oliver has finally solidified and strengthened his crime-fighting team only to have it threatened when unexpected enemies from his past return to Star City, forcing Oliver to rethink his relationship with each member of his "family".
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||James Bamford||Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle||October 12, 2017|
|Oliver deals with the fallout of the explosion on the island.|
|2||""||Laura Belsey||Adam Schwartz||Marc Guggenheim & Beth Schwartz||October 19, 2017|
|Oliver tries to balance being the mayor, Green Arrow and a father to William. Anatoly returns to Star City with a deadly agenda.|
|3||""||Kevin Tancharoen||Speed Weed & Oscar Balderrama||October 26, 2017|
|A rogue black ops team led by Onyx breaks into Kord Industries and steals something lethal. Oliver struggles to connect with William so he reaches out to a surprising source for help.|
|4||""||Gregory Smith||Sarah Tarkoff & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||November 2, 2017|
|Just as Oliver starts to get things in order, Black Siren launches another attack on the citizens of Star City.|
|5||""||Joel Novoa||Ben Sokolowski & Spiro Skentzos||November 9, 2017|
|Slade returns and asks Oliver for help in tracking down his son. When they learn Joe has been taken hostage by mercenaries, their mission to save him gets complicated by a terrible revelation that could shatter Slade's hopes of reunion forever. Meanwhile, Vigilante reappears in Star City.|
|6||""||Antonio Negret||Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto||November 16, 2017|
|As Slade continues to uncover clues about his son's last few years, Oliver makes a big decision. Meanwhile, Green Arrow leads the team into battle against "The Dragon", a villain who is stealing valuable tech in Star City.|
|7||""||Gord Verheul||Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed||November 23, 2017|
|Oliver celebrates Thanksgiving with his family but the happy moment is interrupted. Meanwhile, Black Siren returns to wreak havoc on the holiday.|
|8||""||James Bamford||Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg||Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski||November 27, 2017|
|Barry and Iris's wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony. All of the superheroes band together with help from their super friends like Citizen Cold, The Ray, Felicity Smoak, Iris West and Alex Danvers to take on their most formidable villains yet. Earth's mightiest heroes - Green Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash and White Canary - lead their teams into battle to save the world.|
|9||""||Laura Belsey||Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff||December 7, 2017|
|Quentin Lance is kidnapped by Black Siren and Cayden James, who are looking to trade Quentin's life for a weapon of mass destruction. Oliver and Team Green Arrow must figure out a way to save Lance while still keeping the city safe.|
|10||""||James Bamford||Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||January 18, 2018|
Despite losing half his team, Oliver remains confident that he, Felicity and Diggle can stop Cayden James and Black Siren. However, when he discovers one of Cayden’s secrets, he decides to team up with an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Dinah spends time with Vince.
|11||""||Wendey Stanzler||Speed Weed & Spiro Skentzos||January 25, 2018|
|Cayden James ups the ante by launching his plan to take control of every aspect of the city. Despite the scope of Cayden's plan, Oliver is determined to foil it with just the Original Team Arrow - and without the aid of Rene, Dinah or Curtis. But things get complicated when William is endangered as a result of Cayden's handiwork.|
|12||""||Mairzee Almas||Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama||February 1, 2018|
|Oliver continues his battle with Cayden James. Dinah and Oliver have a major disagreement that endangers the life of one of their own.|
|13||""||J.J. Makaro||Sarah Tarkoff & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||February 8, 2018|
|Cayden James discovers a secret about Green Arrow that pushes him over the edge. Knowing everyone and everything he loves is in danger, Oliver must decide if he can do this alone or if he needs to turn to his old teammates for help. William starts to demand more of Oliver's time.|
|14||""||Ken Shane||Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto||March 1, 2018|
|Oliver, Diggle and Felicity disagree with Dinah, Curtis and Rene on how to handle Black Siren. The two teams face off and a fight ensues.|
|15||""||Kristin Windell||Christos Gage & Ruth Fletcher Gage||Speed Weed||March 8, 2018|
|Oliver and Thea are shocked to hear that Roy Harper is back in Star City. However, when they discover the circumstances of Roy's return, Oliver and Thea realize that Roy is in trouble and jump in to save him. Black Siren makes a shocking decision.|
|16||""||Joel Nova||Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski||March 29, 2018|
|Nyssa al Ghul returns to Star City to warn Thea that a group of renegade League of Assassins members are planning to attack her. This group, led by Athena, is intent on finding a mysterious box that Malcolm left behind and will stop at nothing to get it. Nyssa helps Oliver come to a life-changing realization.|
|17||""||Mark Bunting||Sarah Tarkoff & Jeane Wong||April 5, 2018|
|Oliver and Diggle face their biggest challenge yet. Curtis is disappointed to find out his new boyfriend has a firm anti-vigilante stance.|
|18||""||Ben Bray||Speed Weed & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||April 12, 2018|
|In his darkest place yet, Oliver wonders if he has failed at everything – being a father, a mayor and a hero. His frustration rising, Oliver lashes out at Felicity and William. A surprising visit from an old friend has Oliver questioning his next move.|
|19||""||Gordon Verheul||Spiro Skentzos & Elizabeth Kim||April 19, 2018|
|Looking to expand his empire, Diaz and Laurel meet with the Quadrant, a coalition of mafia families who run national organized crime. Meanwhile, after Oliver's recent decision, Felicity and Curtis double their efforts on building Helix Dynamics.|
|20||""||Alexandra La Roche||Wendy Mericle & Rebecca Bellotto||April 26, 2018|
|Oliver turns to an old friend to help battle Diaz; Rene is out of the hospital but has a hard time readjusting to life as Wild Dog; Lance discovers something shocking about Black Siren.|
|21||""||Andi Armaganian||Ubah Mohamed & Tyron B. Carter||Marc Guggenheim||May 3, 2018|
|The pressure mounts for Oliver who begins to wonder if he will lose everything in his battle to save Star City. A familiar face returns.|
|22||""||Tara Miele||Ben Sokolowski & Oscar Balderrama||May 10, 2018|
|Diaz targets Team Arrow and their loved ones. Oliver struggles with Felicity putting herself in danger when she gets the chance to stop Diaz for good.|
|23||""||James Bamford||Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim||May 17, 2018|
|With a new ally on his team, Oliver engages Diaz in an epic final battle.|
- This season marks the first to have multiple versions of the title card which mostly follows a similar vein to where the logos for each member are shown. "" was the first episode to introduce the variant that starts off with the canary for Black Canary followed by the Wild Dog logo for Wild Dog, the T for Mr. Terrific, the eye for Felicity Smoak, the Spartan helmet for Diggle, and finally the Season 6 arrowhead for Green Arrow. Some episodes, beginning with "" to "", did not include Diggle's emblem after he temporarily replaced Oliver who stepped down for a while to take care of William. The order starts from the most recent member to the longest member of Team Arrow. The mid-season title card changed the emblems for Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific and Black Canary to red instead of the usual color the others have which showed their change into New Team Arrow. "" recycled the Season 1 title card while "" featured Ricardo Diaz's emblem that's shaped into a jade dragon. From "" to "", the episodes go back to using the original title card.
- Rick Gonzalez and Juliana Harkavy were both promoted to series regular following their recurring appearances in the previous season. In addition to the return of Katie Cassidy, Season 6 also marked several departures which included Willa Holland and Paul Blackthorne, and showrunners Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle. Holland was credited up until her last appearance in "" while Guggenheim transitioned to the role as an executive consultant.
- The Inside Arrow videos originally featured Wendy Mericle discussing the first seven episodes, and Marc Guggenheim discussing "" before Beth Schwartz took over to discuss the last seven episodes of the season at the time she was announced as the new showrunner two weeks after "" aired.
- This is the first season that John Barrowman doesn't reprise his role as Malcolm Merlyn.
- This is the first season since season 2 in which the main antagonist is not killed or presumed killed.
- This is also the first season where the main antagonist's story spans on to the next.
- This season is similar to Season 3 of . Like Barry, Oliver made disastrous mistakes out of fear and then, in the end, he went to prison to pay for his penitence (though Barry went into the Speed Force).
- This is the last season of to contain 23 episodes. The final two seasons would have fewer episodes.
- This is the first season of since Season 2 with more main characters than the previous season.