|Season 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6|
was renewed for a sixth and final season by The CW on January 7, 2020. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the CW announced on May 14, 2020 that their regular season would start in January 2021 rather than October 2020 as usual. Along with this, they announced that Supergirl would return midseason. On September 22, 2020, it was announced that this would be the final season.
|SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC character Kara Zor-El. Thirteen-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton and was sent to Earth where she was raised by a foster family. Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman, in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later, Kara was living in National City and still concealing her powers, when a plane crash threatened Alex's life and Kara took to the sky to save her. Now, Kara balances her work as a reporter for CatCo Worldwide Media with her work as Supergirl, keeping National City and the Earth safe from sinister threats. She's joined in this pursuit of justice by her sister, Alex, her mentor, Martian Manhunter and her friends Brainiac-5, Dreamer and Lena Luthor. As Kara struggles to navigate her relationships and her life as a reporter, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl!|
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Alex Danvers
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor
- Jesse Rath as Querl Dox/Brainiac 5
- Nicole Maines as Nia Nal/Dreamer
- Julie Gonzalo as Andrea Rojas
- Staz Nair as William Dey
- David Harewood as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter
- This season was rumored to begin filming mid-April to accommodate Melissa Benoist's pregnancy, but this plan was rendered obsolete once the COVID-19 shutdowns forced delays on all television productions. Filming will reportedly resume, tentatively, in September alongside the other Arrowverse shows.
- However, before production could even begin, Supergirl had to shut down on September 30 due to delays in processing COVID-19 tests in British Columbia. Luckily, the stoppage is assumed to be temporary.
- On October 7, 2020, production was allowed to resume.
- "The CW Renews 13 Series Including 'Batwoman', 'Nancy Drew', 'The Flash', 'Riverdale', 'All American'" - Deadline
- 'Supergirl' to End With Season 6 at CW - Variety
- The Futon Critic
- Julie Gonzalo - Twitter
- SupergirlStar Looks Ahead to Season 6: What's Next for Kara and William's 'Slow Burn' Relationship? - TVLine