|Season 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8|
The seventh season of premiered on October 15, 2018 on The CW, and concluded on May 13, 2019. It consisted of 22 episodes.
|There has been no shortage of close calls for Oliver Queen when it comes to protecting his superhero identity, but in the season six finale, "", he was finally backed into a corner and forced to reveal himself to the world as the Green Arrow. Now, Oliver will come face-to-face with many of the criminals he placed behind bars, as he makes a new home for himself at Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Oliver will find himself vulnerable in a way unlike ever before when a mysterious new enemy begins to unravel his work as Green Arrow, challenging him to redeem his name or risk losing everything.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow/The Flash
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak/Overwatch
- Echo Kellum as Dr. Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Juliana Harkavy as Captain Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal
- Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo Diaz/Dragon
- Sea Shimooka as Emiko Adachi/Green Arrow
- Katie Cassidy Rodgers as Laurel Lance/Black Siren/Black Canary
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels
- David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev
- Kacey Rohl as Alena Whitlock
- Sydelle Noel as Samanda Watson
- Holly Elissa as Red
- Miranda Edwards as Honor/Silencer
- Michael Johnsson as Bear/Kodiak
- Cody Runnels as Derek Sampson
- Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak/Blackstar
- Brendan Fletcher as Stanley Dover/Star City Slayer
- Ben Lewis as Older William Clayton
- Andrea Sixtos as Older Zoe Ramirez
- Liam Hall as Joe Wilson/Kane Wolfman
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke
- Adrian Paul as Dante
- Laara Sadiq as Emily Pollard
- Danny Wattley as F. Bingsley
- Raj Paul as Keven Dale
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||James Bamford||Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama||October 15, 2018|
|Following Oliver’s shocking decision to turn himself over to the FBI and reveal his identity as Green Arrow to the public, Oliver has spent the past five months in Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Determined to keep a low profile to shorten his sentence for the sake of his family, Oliver is tested when he runs into old foes. Meanwhile, Diggle and Dinah have taken on new jobs and left their costumes behind but not everyone is following suit. With her focus on William, Felicity tries to start over but when someone from her past resurfaces, things become complicated.|
|2||""||Laura Belsey||Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto||October 22, 2018|
|In order to track down Diaz from inside prison, Oliver realizes that will require aligning with an old enemy. Meanwhile, in Star City, Felicity's attempts to root out Diaz are thwarted by Diggle, whose allegiance to A.R.G.U.S. now requires him to keep civilians like her on the outs. Realizing that she can no longer rely on her old team or old methods, a clear-eyed Felicity resolves to find a new way to go after Diaz.|
|3||""||Gordon Verheul||Elizabeth Kim||Onalee Hunter Hughes & Sarah Tarkoff||October 29, 2018|
Still in prison, Oliver faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Felicity gets an intriguing offer, and Diggle asks Curtis to go undercover for A.R.G.U.S..
|4||""||Ben Bray||Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Tonya Kong||November 5, 2018|
|Oliver makes a drastic move in his quest to find Diaz. Like her husband, Felicity pulls out all the stops to get to Diaz. Meanwhile, when arsonists target Rene's community center, injuring Zoe in the process, the mysterious new Green Arrow swoops in to help save the day. Faced with pressure from the mayor to capture the vigilante, Dinah must decide if following the rules at all costs is the best plan to keep the city safe.|
|5||""||Mark Bunting||Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes||November 12, 2018|
|Felicity learns something new about Oliver that shocks her. Meanwhile, Diggle asks Curtis to go undercover for A.R.G.U.S.. Dinah works with an unlikely ally.|
|6||""||Kristin Windell||Sarah Tarkoff & Tonya Kong||November 19, 2018|
|Slabside becomes even more dangerous after a guard is murdered and everyone is a suspect. Felicity enlists help from a surprising source in her pursuit of Diaz, and Laurel flexes her muscles as the District Attorney.|
|7||""||James Bamford||Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto||November 26, 2018|
|Oliver makes a choice that will affect his entire life, as well as the lives of everyone he cares about.|
|8||""||Alexandra La Roche||Oscar Balderrama & Beth Schwartz||December 3, 2018|
|Felicity stands by her recent decisions regarding her family. Meanwhile, Diggle and Lyla continue to look into the Dante painting that Curtis found.|
|9||""||James Bamford||Marc Guggenheim||Caroline Dries||December 10, 2018|
|With Oliver and Barry still stuck in the other's bodies, the two get a lead on John Deegan and head to Gotham City with Supergirl to figure out why their reality has changed. While there, they meet the mysterious Kate Kane who provides them with information that leads the group to Arkham Asylum.|
|10||""||Andi Armaganian||Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes||January 21, 2019|
|Oliver is ready to get back to work with the SCPD and to focus on his marriage with Felicity. However, when Dinah tasks Oliver with tracking the new Green Arrow things take a surprising turn. Meanwhile, Diggle and Lyla must answer to A.R.G.U.S. about Diaz.|
|11||""||David Ramsey||Onalee Hunter Hughes & Tonya Kong||January 28, 2019|
|The past comes back to haunt both Oliver and Laurel. Curtis is upset when he discovers that Diggle and Lyla have restarted the Ghost Initiative with Diaz, China White, Kane Wolfman and Carrie Cutter.|
|12||""||Glen Winter||Marc Guggenheim & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||February 4, 2019|
|The 150th episode of showcases a documentary entitled “The Hood and the rise of vigilantism” starring Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak, and the rest of Team Arrow. As a camera crew follows Oliver and team around to talk about their past as vigilantes and what the Green Arrow means to Star City, Oliver must also deal with William’s return from boarding school as well as a new threat to the city. The episode will feature “documentary footage” captured by the BTS crew and interviews from those who have worked alongside the Green Arrow. The documentary is narrated by Kelsey Grammer.|
|13||""||Gregory Smith||Beth Schwartz & Jill Blankenship||February 11, 2019|
|Oliver and Felicity are disappointed after they learn that William is hiding something from them. Wanting to focus on his family, Oliver steps back from his Green Arrow duties and let's the team take over tracking down a serial killer. However, when the team becomes targets for the killer, things take a bloody turn.|
|14||""||Marcus Stokes||Rebecca Bellotto & Jeane Wong||March 4, 2019|
|After months of covertly pursuing Dante, Diggle and Lyla finally have a solid lead on the elusive terrorist, so they deploy the A.R.G.U.S. Ghost Initiative to apprehend him. Meanwhile, Oliver tries to bond with Emiko.|
|15||""||Ruba Nadda||Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Rebecca Rosenberg||March 11, 2019|
|Team Arrow attempts to work with the Star City Police Department but much to Oliver’s frustration, things don’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Dinah gets some life-changing news.|
|16||""||James Bamford||Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama||March 18, 2019|
|Mia and William venture into the Glades on a dangerous mission. There they run into Dinah, Roy and Zoe who deliver some devastating news. The flash forwards share highlights from Mia's childhood with Felicity.|
|17||""||Patia Prouty||Sarah Tarkoff & Elizabeth Kim||March 25, 2019|
|Laurel learns about some damaging information that affects Emiko. Always looking to protect his sister, Oliver invites Laurel to help investigate, which makes Felicity happy as her friend is now working with the team. However, when things go awry, Felicity is forced to make a choice between the team and Laurel.|
|18||""||Kristin Windell||Jill Blankenship & Elisa Delson||April 15, 2019|
|After being accused of murder and having her criminal past exposed, Laurel goes full Black Siren and teams up with an old criminal acquaintance, Shadow Thief, to go on a crime spree around Star City. While Dinah aims to bring Laurel in, Felicity refuses to give up on her friend and tries everything to get through to her, even summoning Sara Lance for help. However, Laurel rebuffs all her efforts, forcing the former friends to face off against each other.|
|19||""||Avi Youabian||Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes||April 22, 2019|
|After the Ninth Circle delivers a major setback for Team Arrow, Diggle reluctantly reaches out to a Four-Star General of the Defense Intelligence Agency for help, despite unresolved tension from their past. Meanwhile, Oliver discovers a piece of information that he believes will turn Emiko against the Ninth Circle. Alena returns with an interesting proposal for Felicity.|
|20||""||Tara Miele||Onalee Hunter Hughes & Emilio Ortega Aldrich||April 29, 2019|
|When they learn of an upcoming attack on the city, Team Arrow calls Roy Harper to help them stop the Ninth Circle. However, things go awry and there is massive collateral damage. As captain of the SCPD, Dinah investigates what happened in an episode that takes on a true crime narrative and tone.|
|21||""||Gordon Verheul||Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff||May 6, 2019|
|Oliver finds himself in a precarious position. SCPD shows up with a warrant for Felicity.|
|22||""||James Bamford||Beth Schwartz & Rebecca Bellotto||May 13, 2019|
|The battle between Oliver and Emiko comes to a boiling point which brings back some familiar faces and leaves others in dire jeopardy.|
- According to several cast members, there was a turnover that introduced several new writers in Season 7. But that was not the only major shakeup. On April 17, 2018, in addition to being promoted to executive producer, Beth Schwartz replaced Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle as the sole showrunner. Guggenheim remained as a consultant to along with another show he stepped down from as co-showrunner, .
- This season airs on Mondays, originally at 9/8c before it was switched back to its original 8/7c time slot. However, the final five episodes of the season will air in its 9/8c starting April 15, 2019.
- A few of the episode summaries have made mistakes concerning the events of that episode. For example, the episode description for "" describes Felicity getting an intriguing offer and Curtis going undercover-neither of which actually happen in that episode (although Curtis does go undercover in ""). In the episode description for "The Demon", it says that Felicity learns something new about Oliver that shocks her which doesn't happen in that episode. The episode "" is notable for the fact none of the events mentioned in the summary happened in the actual episode.
- The first 7 episodes of the season were nicknamed The Prison Storyline by fans, after the recurring storyline of Oliver Queen being a prisoner at Slabside Penitentiary which ended with his release in "". It is considered by many as a separate part of the season due to it having a separate main antagonist as well as a separate cast of characters like Stanley Dover, Danny Brickwell and more.
- Redemption served as the major theme for season 7.
- This is the first season of to have a female main antagonist.
- This is the only season of Arrow where Oliver doesn't kill anyone, named or unnamed.
- Unlike the previous seasons which ran for 23 episodes each, this is the only season to run for 22 episodes.
- This is also the last season to have more than 20 episodes, as the last season will only have 10 episodes.
- This season is the first to feature flash-forwards (as opposed to the first five seasons which featured flashbacks). The flash-forwards takes place around 2040.
- Katie Cassidy was credited under her then-married name Katie Cassidy Rodgers in the second half of the season beginning with "".
- Season 7 marks Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Echo Kellum, and Katie Cassidy's last in addition to being the only season to feature new series regulars Kirk Acevedo and newcomer Sea Shimooka.
- Season 7 had the most midseason cast changes within the show, as Season 6 only had one.
- Sea Shimooka was not credited in the main cast bill earlier in the season until her first appearance in "".
- She is the only main cast member to join midseason and then leave at the end of the season.
- Echo Kellum was credited up until "", and is also credited as a special guest star in "".
- Kirk Acevedo was credited up until "" that aired a week after Echo Kellum's departure in the previous episode.
- This is the only season of Arrow, where Josh Segarra didn't play any role in it, after Season 5.
- Colton Haynes makes his return to the main cast for the first time since the third season after he was credited as a special guest star in the fourth and sixth seasons.
- The title card in the first seven episodes featured the Slabside prison in the background.
- It was said before the season started that Roy will have to deal with the consequences of Oliver revealing his identity. In reality, Roy didn't appear in the present day until "", and even then he never had to deal with those consequences.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|