|Season 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8|
Like last season, this season is broken up into story arcs which are called "Graphic Novels". The first three episodes of the season were a continuation of "Reflections and Lies" and the next story arc has not been given a specific title.
|Barry Allen lived a normal life as a perpetually tardy C.S.I. in the Central City Police Department. Barry's life changed forever when the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator exploded, creating a dark-matter lightning storm that struck Barry, bestowing him with superspeed and making him the fastest man alive - the Flash.
After a thrilling cliffhanger last season which saw the new Mirror Master victorious and still-at-large in Central City, the Flash must regroup in order to stop her and find a way to make contact with his missing wife, Iris West-Allen.
With help from the rest of Team Flash, which includes superheroes Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, Ralph Dibny and Nash Wells, as well as the Flash's adoptive father, Joe West, meta-attorney Cecile Horton, tough cub reporter Allegra Garcia and brilliant tech-nerd Chester P. Runk… Flash will ultimately defeat Mirror Master.
But in doing so, he'll also unleash an even more powerful and devastating threat on Central City: one that threatens to tear his team - and his marriage - apart.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash, Harrison Sherloque Wells, Harrison "H.R." Wells, Wells the Grey, and Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow and Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Mecha-Vibe
- Danielle Nicolet as Meta-Attorney Cecile Horton and Cecile Horton
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia
- Brandon McKnight as Chester P. Runk
- Efrat Dor as Eva McCulloch/Mirror Monarch and Dr. Eva McCulloch
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Nash Wells, Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells, Harrison Sherloque Wells, Harrison "H.R." Wells, Harrison Orson Wells, Dr. Harrison Wells, and Professor Eobard Thawne
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West
- Victoria Park as Kamilla Hwang
- Patrick Sabongui as Chief David Singh
- Jessica Hayles as Arielle Atkins
- Stephanie Izsak as Officer Daisy Korber and Daisy Korber
- Natalie Dreyfuss as Sue Dearbon
- Michelle Harrison as the Speed Force and Joan Williams
- Carmen Moore as Kristen Kramer
- Jon Cor as Mark Stevens/Chillblaine
Confirmed plot points
- One of the "Big Bads" this season will be male and his story will be related to Barry and Iris.
- The real Godspeed will appear and he will be one of the "Big Bads" of this season.
- Sue will appear in multiple episodes after Ralph is written off and help Team Flash in an unexpected way.
- A "main character" will have a season-long arc that will tie into this season's "Big Bad".
- Jay Garrick and Joan Williams will return.
- John Diggle will return in the back half of the season.
- A villain from the first three seasons may return.
- Like last season, there will be two "Big Bads" this season and each of them will have their own "Graphic Novel".
- Bart Allen, Barry and Iris' future son, will appear in Episode 17.
Confirmed new characters
- Mark Stevens/Chillblaine: Scientist Mark Stevens is a charismatic bad boy obsessed with cryogenic technology. But when he's not breaking into corporate safes, he's busy breaking hearts with his irresistible charm and roguish style. Armed with his own cold weapons, he'll become a new thorn in the side of Team Flash as the DC comics villain Chillblaine.
- Bart Allen/Impulse: The future son of Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen who has a penchant for wildly impulsive behavior and his parents will have their hands full trying to teach their new son patience. Barry and Iris may have their work cut out for them to wrangle Bart, but they will have to get it together if they want to stop Team Flash's biggest threat.
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|Reflections and Lies|
|1||""||Alexandra La Roche||Sam Chalsen & Lauren Certo||March 2, 2021|
|When an experiment to save Barry's speed backfires, Nash Wells searches for a way to save the Flash and comes up with a dangerous plan. Meanwhile, Iris makes a startling realization inside the Mirrorverse and Cecile faces off with Rosa Dillon.|
|2||""||Stefan Pleszczynski||Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza||March 9, 2021|
|When Barry suddenly gains the power of speed thinking, he attempts to use his new gift to save Iris. While Barry is thrilled with his new power, Cisco is hesitant to trust it. Meanwhile, Eva must face a shattering truth.|
|3||""||David McWhirter||Eric Wallace & Kristen Kim||March 16, 2021|
|As Eva becomes more powerful, Barry and team must find a way to stop her. They are shocked when an old friend - Sue Dearbon risks her life to help.|
|Graphic Novel #3|
|4||""||Jeff Byrd||Kristen Kim||Joshua V. Gilbert & Jeff Hersh||March 23, 2021|
|The Flash must deal with Abra Kadabra’s sudden return to Central City. The villain is back with a vengeance and a score to settle. Meanwhile, Allegra deals with a tricky situation and Caitlin suspects something is off with Frost. Iris is forced to look at a dark moment in her past.|
|5||""||David McWhirter||Thomas Pound||Lauren Barnett & Christina M. Walker||March 30, 2021|
|When a powerful new villain, Psych, channels and amplifies everyone's fears in order to wreak havoc on Central City, Barry realizes, with Cecile's help, that he must face his own worst fear in order to beat this new threat. Meanwhile, Joe is surprised when Kristen Kramer from the Governor's Municipal Logistics Commission drops into CCPD for a visit. Iris warns her father to dig deeper on why Kristen is actually there. Caitlin and Frost argue about how to live their lives.|
|6||""||Jeff Byrd||Kelly Wheeler & Emily Palizzi||April 6, 2021|
|Cisco and Chester travel back in time and get stuck in 1998, repeating the same day over and over again. The key to returning home is at Chester’s childhood home but he refuses to visit. Meanwhile, Iris forges a connection with the speed force.|
|7||""||Alexandra La Roche||Sam Chalsen & Jess Carson||April 13, 2021|
|When a mysterious ice powered enemy frames Frost for a brutal crime, she must find a way to clear her name. Meanwhile, Barry and Iris have a surprise houseguest, and Joe continues to deal with Kristen Kramer.|
|14||TBA||Danielle Panabaker||Jess Carson||Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza||TBA|
- On May 13, 2020, showrunner Eric Wallace revealed that the last three episodes of the previous season (episodes 20, 21, and 22), that weren't produced and aired due to the COVID-19 pandemic, would become the first three episodes of this season.
- On June 8, 2020, Hartley Sawyer was fired from the role of Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man.
- This is the first season of :
- Like last season, this season will be split into "Graphic Novels". However, showrunner Eric Wallace said "they're not going to be broken up in the way I think folks expect."
- Despite being credited in the "main cast" bill, Efrat Dor (Eva McCulloch/Mirror Monarch) and Tom Cavanagh (Dr. Harrison Nash Wells and Dr. Harrison Wells) are only credited for their respective episode appearances.
- Due to social distancing, this is one of the more awkward seasons to film; with the characters being unable to literally lend a hand in situations where normally they would have to touch someone else.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|