The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Season 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8|
The eighth and final season of premiered on October 15, 2019 on The CW, and concluded on January 28, 2020. The season consisted of 10 episodes.
|After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea by two men on a fishing boat. He returned home to Star City, bent on righting the wrongs done by his family and fighting injustice. As the Green Arrow, Oliver successfully saved his city with the help of his team including computer-science expert Felicity Smoak, former soldier John Diggle, meta-human Dinah Drake, street-savvy Rene Ramirez, brilliant inventor Curtis Holt, former protégé Roy Harper, and Earth-2 Laurel Lance. In last season's finale, in the wake of discovering what his future holds, Oliver must leave his friends and family behind him and will find himself pit up against his most challenging battle yet, one that will leave the multiverse hanging in the balance. In Arrow's final season, Oliver Queen is forced to confront the reality of what it means to be a superhero.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Hood/Green Arrow/Spectre
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog and Rene Ramirez
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary and Dinah Drake
- Katherine McNamara as Mia Queen/Blackstar/Green Arrow
- Ben Lewis as Older William Clayton
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke
- LaMonica Garrett as Mar Novu/The Monitor and Mobius/Anti-Monitor
Special Appearance By
- Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn and Tommy Merlyn/Dark Archer
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Moira Queen
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels/Harbinger
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen
- David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev
- Andrea Sixtos as Older Zoe Ramirez
- Charlie Barnett as Older John Diggle, Jr./Deathstroke
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal
- Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||James Bamford||Beth Schwartz & Marc Guggenheim||October 15, 2019|
|While trying to decipher The Monitor’s mission, Oliver returns to Starling City where he encounters familiar faces. Meanwhile, Mia and William's team clash with a new foe.|
|2||""||Antonio Negret||Jill Blankenship & Sarah Tarkoff||October 22, 2019|
|Oliver, Diggle, Laurel, and Tatsu seek out an important person within The Monitor’s plan. Connor has a heart to heart with his brother.|
|3||""||Katie Cassidy||Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Elizabeth Kim||October 29, 2019|
|Reunited with his sister, Oliver and Thea find themselves searching through a familiar maze of catacombs. Meanwhile, John and Lyla partner on a special ops mission.|
|4||""||Kristin Windell||Oscar Balderrama & Jeane Wong||November 5, 2019|
|When a mysterious new Deathstroke appears in Star City, Oliver and Team Arrow insist on taking down this villain themselves. Meanwhile, reeling from the loss of one of their own, the future Team Arrow figures out a new way to try and stop JJ.|
|5||""||Laura Belsey||Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes||November 19, 2019|
|Upon learning the key to oppose The Monitor, Oliver and team return to Russia on a mission to gather the necessary materials. Diggle reunites with a figure from his past.|
|6||""||David Ramsey||Onalee Hunter Hughes & Maya Houston||November 26, 2019|
|After being double-crossed by Lyla, Oliver finds himself facing a life or death situation that seems very familiar. Laurel has the opportunity to make amends with the past.|
|7||""||James Bamford||Rebecca Bellotto & Rebecca Rosenberg||December 3, 2019|
|Oliver’s mission takes him to Lian Yu where he tries to ignore the repercussions of the looming Crisis until he receives help from an old friend. Meanwhile, a united Team Arrow faces a recognizable villain.|
|8||""||Glen Winter||Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim||January 14, 2020|
|Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash's disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver, who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor and Anti-Monitor are revealed.|
|9||""||Tara Miele||Beth Schwartz, Marc Guggenheim, Jill Blankenship & Oscar Balderrama||January 21, 2020|
|It's the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel and Dinah suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended. Laurel and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help. Knowing it will change everything, Mia can’t help but be a hero and she, Laurel and Dinah suit up once again to save the city.|
|10||""||James Bamford||Marc Guggenheim & Beth Schwartz||January 28, 2020|
|After eight seasons, and the launch of countless superheroes, the series wraps up the story of the Green Arrow. Emily Bett Rickards returns as Felicity.|
- This is the first and only season not to feature any one main cast member in all the episodes.
- In this season all main cast members both previous and current appear in at least one episode with the exception of Kirk Acevedo.
- Season 8 featured the directional debut from Katie Cassidy, who directs "", while "" was David Ramsey's second episode he directed after "".
- Unlike the previous seasons, the Arrowverse annual crossover is part of the main storyline.
- Marc Guggenheim briefly served as co-showrunner despite being a consultant at the time showrunner Beth Schwartz was on maternity leave.
- This is the only season to feature new series regulars Katherine McNamara, Ben Lewis, Joseph David-Jones and LaMonica Garrett whose only credit for his respective episode appearances and also had an uncredited voice cameo as Mobius in "Purgatory".
- Although Katie Cassidy is billed as "special appearance", she is still considered to be a main cast member, according to TVLine.
- Season 8 would've been the first since Season 2 to feature two episodes named after songs by Bruce Springsteen including the penultimate episode that's been a tradition in almost every season. But "Livin' In the Future" was changed to "" at the request of Warner Bros. In addition, the backdoor pilot for the proposed spinoff was created after The CW asked Marc Guggenheim to make one more episode despite being aware that Stephen's not in all the episodes due to his deal when the episode order was going to be nine instead of ten.
- This is the only season to not have a new arrowhead as the official title card. Additionally, the opening title card for "Fadeout" featured all the arrowheads from the previous title cards lined up together to form a crown very similar to the title card from the SDCC trailer.
- The first seven episodes featured all the title cards from the first seven seasons in order.
- Season 8 marks the third season in a row where the premiere and finale were both directed by James Bamford.
- Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist were also credited in the special appearance bill in the series finale.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic affecting the shooting and production of , , and , episodes of this season will have reruns which replaces the original schedule of the other shows of The CW.
- This is the only Arrowverse show of the 2019-2020 TV Season to be completely unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic as it concluded prior to the mass shutdown of film and TV productions worldwide.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.