- "She gave up being Catwoman when I was born. You know, that was the thing about working with a gang, the thrill, the rush. It was like I was finally getting to spend time with her. The side of my mother I never knew."
- —Helena Kyle on the life her mother, Selina, left behind[src]
For a time, Selina Kyle was deemed the queen of the criminal underworld while she acted as the masked criminal Catwoman. However, she eventually fell in love with Batman, having a child with him, Helena. Selina did not tell Helena the identity of her father.
Helena thought very highly of her mother and discussed her at her therapy sessions. She believed that it was Batman's place to kill her mother's murderer because Selina, Helena believed, would have done such for Bruce.
Helena, who inherited her mother's powers, decided to be a vigilante to follow in her parents' footsteps.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: From unknown means, Selina's DNA and cells were altered, enabling her to access her powers. Selina's powers were never shown in detail but it's likely they were of the same nature as her daughter Helena's; superhuman senses, agility, durability, strength, and an accelerated healing factor.
- "She was a pretty notorious cat burglar in her time. The best, actually. She had a hell of a lifestyle going. Money, danger, cool clothes. Life on the bad side of the law."
- —Huntress to Jesse Reese[src]
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Selina was a skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
- Expert thief: Selina was a successful thief who enjoyed the thrill of stealing.
- Catwoman suit: Selina wore a black suit as her alter-ego, Catwoman.
Birds of Prey
|Other versions of Selina Kyle|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Selina Kyle.|
|Earth: 1 • 203|