Shawna Baez (born June 20, 1987), nicknamed Peek-a-Boo by Caitlin Snow, is a meta-human from Central City. After the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator accident, Shawna gained the power to teleport. She became an inmate in the S.T.A.R. Labs Pipeline. However, she was released by Leonard Snart and Lisa Snart along with the rest of the imprisoned meta-humans, and took the opportunity to teleport away.
Roughly two and a half years later, Shawna resurfaced and went on a crime spree, but was stopped by Kid Flash, Vibe, and Joe West and arrested again. She was later released from prison, only to be hunted by Cicada, though Team Flash rescued her.
Reunited with Clay
Shawna broke her boyfriend, Clay Parker, out of prison with her new meta-human power of teleportation. She wanted to run with him away from Central City, but Clay stated that he had to pay a debt to Marcus Stockheimer before he could leave.
They robbed an armored truck, and the Flash showed up to stop them. However, Shawna's powers overwhelmed the Flash, and she distracted him long enough that Clay almost shot him through the neck. They then teleported away.
Shawna and Clay later met with Stockheimer to pay off the latter's debt, but when Shawna showed off her powers, the crime lord decided to keep the two around for a spree. However, CCPD stormed the hideout and in the subsequent firefight, Clay was wounded, forcing Shawna to teleport them both to safety.
The next night, the couple raided an armored truck before attempting to depart Central City, only to be confronted by the Flash in a tunnel. Shawna briefly fought him before rejoining Clay in the car. However, the Flash used wrenches to destroy the tunnel lights before taking out the car's headlights, rendering Shawna unable to teleport if she can't see where to go.
Clay then abandoned Shawna, leaving her to be captured by the Flash. She was imprisoned in the S.T.A.R. Labs pipeline, her cell fitted with a one-way mirror so she can't get out. Only able to hear her captors, Shawna confessed that despite Clay's desertion, she still loved him.
Imprisoned in the Pipeline
While Shawna was imprisoned in the pipeline, Cisco Ramon, who had a crush on her, delivered her enchiladas cooked by his mother. Cisco also talked to her while she ate, with Shawna often musing that she still misses Clay.
Escape from the Pipeline
When the team discovered the Reverse-Flash had been altering the particle accelerator, he freed Shawna and she attacked the team while the Flash chased the Reverse-Flash. She nearly killed Caitlin Snow for imprisoning her but was knocked out by Iris West and returned to her cell. After being sedated by having knockout gas sprayed in her cell, Shawna was moved out of S.T.A.R. Labs in a truck with the other meta-humans. She and the other metas awoke and began squabbling. However Leonard and Lisa Snart sabotaged the truck, and Shawna and the others escaped. A battle ensued, but Shawna decided to take the opportunity to escape, teleporting away.
One night in early 2016, while working on making the Flash suit bulletproof, Cisco fell asleep. He dreamt that Shawna infiltrated S.T.A.R. Labs. In the dream, she neutralized Cisco and pointed a gun at him, sarcastically saying "Peek-a-boo" to him, referencing her nickname. She then asked him to make her a high-tech gun like Lisa Snart's. After Cisco refused, she shot him. However, Cisco survived due to having inadvertently created a working serum to bulletproof the suit by spilling orange soda on himself. Shawna decided to teleport Cisco into the Pipeline and raid S.T.A.R. Labs herself. Cisco then awoke, though he found a bullet on the ground, leading him to question whether it was a dream or not.
Return and Crime Spree
Six months after the Flash disappeared into the Speed Force, Shawna returned to Central City. However her crime spree was short-lived as Vibe, Kid Flash, and Joe West pursued her throughout the city. Thanks to Iris' observations from S.T.A.R. Labs, Shawna's teleportation pattern was figured out and she was intercepted by Kid Flash and Vibe. She managed to gain the upper hand and pulled out two guns to shoot them before Joe shot Shawna with the B.O.O.T., knocking her out. The CCPD then arrested Shawna.
Release from prison and going into hiding
Sometime prior to January 2019, Shawna was released from prison and found work at a bar. Barry Allen, knowing that Cicada had begun targeting meta-humans with a criminal past, wanted to get her out of the city safely. As the Flash, he approached her at the bar and explained that she was in danger. Shawna didn't believe him at first, but when Cicada showed up and tried to kill her, she was quick to go with Barry. Shawna was one among a large group of former criminal meta-humans who were evacuated from the city via helicopter, and subsequently given new identities for their protection.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After Shawna was struck by the energy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, this altered her DNA cells, augmenting her physiology to access her powers.
- Teleportation: After surviving the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion, Shawna gained the ability to teleport, which allows her to instantly travel anywhere within her range of vision. Shawna has refined her ability over time and can rapidly teleport from one location within her field of vision to another, traveling great distances at a speed rivaling Kid Flash.
- Explosion inducement: If Shawna doesn't teleport correctly, minor explosions ensue.
- Peak of human physical condition: Shawna was able to quickly subdue Caitlin Snow by throwing her against the wall with a single kick.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Shawna is highly proficient in unarmed combat; she was able to quickly disarm and knock down both Joe West and Cisco Ramon.
- Hydrogen peroxide: In Cisco Ramon's dream, Shawna had shot him in the spot of the juice stain but Cisco remained alive holding on to her while he sprayed her with hydrogen peroxide, temporarily blinded Shawna.
- Sightlessness: Shawna can only teleport to places she can clearly see. Even more, if the surroundings are too dark, she will be unable to teleport at all.
- Power-dampening tech: Shawna's powers could not work while she was imprisoned in the pipeline. Her cell was fitted with a one-way mirror so she could not look outside of it.
- Handheld telescope: To compensate somewhat for limited range of vision affecting her range to teleport, Shawna would carry around a telescope, looking through it to significantly improve her range. She also uses the telescope as a blunt weapon in combat.
Chronicles of Cisco
The Chronicles of Cisco
- In a deleted scene from "", Caitlin Snow states that Shawna's favorite food is enchiladas.
- This is further referenced in the first post of The Chronicles of Cisco.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Peek-a-Boo's first name is Lashawn. Although she is an enemy to the Flash, her encounters were mostly with Wally West.