Simon Lacroix, known under the codename Komodo, is a mercenary. He was believed to have killed Sara Lance, but had an alibi proving that he was in Blüdhaven at the time of her murder in Star City. He did, however, kill several civilians in Star City under contract.
Simon was born in Sainte-Sophie, Quebec, raised by his single mother. At some point he became a mercenary known as Komodo, and is wanted for murder in 7 countries. Despite his status as a wanted man, he manages to frequently call his mother.
Starling City activities
Simon Lacroix is a ruthless mercenary who is willing to kill people for money. He seemed to take great pride in his work as he even tracked down one of his surviving targets to the hospital to finish him off. He mentioned he did not kill Sara Lance and admitted he would have said it if he had as he is proud of his work. Despite seemingly killing without qualms he only killed targets he got paid for. He did not shoot Laurel even though he easily could have. When attacked by the Arrow he shot him and then quickly fled instead of trying to finish him off. In all confrontations against the Arrow and Arsenal he only used enough violence to create a window of escape and seemingly did not want to engage them; implying that Simon does not kill anyone who gets between him and his target(s).
- Peak of human physical condition: As a highly skilled mercenary, Simon is in great physical condition, able to take on Oliver and even fight both him and Roy.
- Expert combatant/Martial artist: Simon is highly skilled in close combat and used his bow as a striking weapon similarly to other archers; such as Yao Fei Gulong, Oliver Queen and Malcolm Merlyn respectively. He was able to fight evenly against Oliver (under the persona of the Arrow) and was even able to fend off both the Arrow and Arsenal at the same time, long enough to escape.
- Expert archer: Simon is a highly proficient archer, able to kill several targets with single precision shots. His skills even allowed him to defeat the Arrow during their first confrontation, managing to outshoot him and knock him down his motorcycle with a single shot.
- Expert driver: Simon is very skilled at driving and maneuvering at high speeds. While driving his motorcycle he was able to fight the Arrow, who also drove a motorcycle, on equal footing and even managed to win in the end, firing accurate arrows at Oliver while silmutaneously driving and eventually hitting Oliver.
- Carbon fiber longbow: Simon as Komodo, uses as his weapon of choice a carbon fiber long bow combined with his arrows to kill his targets, like Oliver, Simon also uses it as an improvised quarterstaff.
- Customized hunting arrows: Like Oliver, Simon uses customized arrows.
- Trick arrows: Like Oliver, Simon uses trick arrows such as rope tying arrows that, can tie around a person's legs, and hang that person upside down.
- Komodo suit: Simon wears a protective suit as his villain alter-ego, Komodo, to hide his identity from his victims, when he is out on an assignment.
- Komodo mask: Simon wears a mask as his villain alter-ego, Komodo, to hide his identity from his victims, when he is out on an assignment.
- Quiver: Simon has a black/brown arrow container, to carry his arrows with him, as his villain alter-ego, Komodo.
- Simon Lacroix's motorcycle: As Komodo, Simon uses a motorcycle to get to his targets faster.
- In the New 52, Simon Lacroix is a darling of Richard Queen, Oliver's father, until he betrayed and killed him, trying to attain enlightenment for himself; for the fabled Arrow Clan totem. His skills in archery and unarmed combat surpasses that of Green Arrow's, but he still has considerable marksmanship skills even after being blinded in one eye; in the Arrowverse, his skills in archery and unarmed combat are equal to Oliver's.