- "I already left once before. I left both of you. Worst mistake I ever... ever made in my entire life. Wasn't gonna make that again. Family shouldn't leave family. I'll always love you"
- —Thomas Snow
"Snow Pack" is the nineteenth episode of the fifth season of , and the one-hundred-eleventh episode overall. It aired on April 23, 2019.
|When Icicle returns to enact the next phase of his devious plan, Caitlin and her mother, Dr. Carla Tannhauser, must resolve their long-combative relationship to defeat the icy monster. After Barry makes a big decision about their family without consulting her, Iris decides to take matters into her own hands.|
The scene begins with contention among Barry and Iris. The previous is irate that Iris wouldn't fret the reality Nora's been working with Thawne. When things settle down, Team Flash gets an alert from the medical clinic — somebody's messed up Grace out of her room. The following day, Iris is resolved to bring Nora back and chooses to utilize one of the Time Spheres with the assistance of Ralph have a go at following own Nora.
Later on, Thawne's attempting to help Nora comprehend the Negative Speed Force, something that Barry can't follow. Iris and Ralph go ahead in time and discover Nora. There, she goes nuts over her dad's activity and races off, figuring out how to pop open the Negative Speed Force.
Caitlin's father breaks into her mother's lab, taking a bit of innovation out of the cryovault. Group Flash shows up presently, driving Caitlin and her mom into an immense battle. Tom returns and starts battling with both Caitlin and her mom, thumping them both out. Icicle hijacks his significant other and little girl and we discover that he needs to transform Carla into a meta utilizing the taken innovation and for all time curb the human sides of the two so he can have an "Ice Family" of sorts.
Caitlin busts of the holding cell and leads Icicle on a pursuit while Barry speeds in and salvages Carla. Amidst their battle, Thomas can diffuse through his Icicle persona lastly turn around into a human. He and Caitlin grasp and return to Icicle's sanctuary where Cicada 2.0 has trapped Barry. Cicada picks up the advantage and Thomas surges in to forfeit himself, sparing Barry, Carla, and Caitlin.
Barry and Iris talk at their place soon thereafter about the circumstance they end up in. The two in the end present appropriate reparations while Nora jumps out of the Negative Speed Force elsewhere in the city. The scene closes with future Grace attempting to bring present timetable Grace out of her unconsciousness.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes (credit only)
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Danielle Nicolet as District Attorney Cecile Horton
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Nora West-Allen/XS
- Tom Cavanagh as Professor Eobard Thawne and Sherloque Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Sarah Carter as Grace Gibbons/Cicada (2049)
- Susan Walters as Dr. Carla Tannhauser
- Kyle Secor as Dr. Thomas Snow/Icicle
- This episode title refers to the Snow family, whom Icicle planned to convert into ice personas permanently.
- When Iris and Ralph are preparing to use the time sphere to travel to the future, Iris asks Ralph if he's ready; Ralph then responds "All set to hit eighty-eight miles an hour". This is a reference to the Back to the Future franchise, and the fact that the DeLorean time machine used in the series needs to reach a speed of eighty-eight miles an hour to travel through time.
- This is the fourth episode of this season (and the series) not to feature Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon).
- The way Nora arrives in 2019 after exiting the Negative Speed Force is very similar to how the time remnant of Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash arrived in 2016 for the first time in "".
- The manner in which Thomas dies by sacrificing himself to save his daughter from Cicada is similar to how Quentin Lance died protecting Laurel, from Ricardo Diaz in the episode "".
- Near the end, the way Future Grace is watching over her unconscious younger self, is similar to the ending of "", when she watches over her unconscious uncle Orlin.
- The way Cicada killed Thomas was similar to how she killed her uncle Orlin in "".
- Thawne talking about his Negative Speed Force to Nora echoes how he spoke of the Speed Force during "" but negatively.
- In the West house, a box of pizza is shown with the logo, "Milgrom and McFarlane", a reference to Todd McFarlane who created Spawn and also worked on a lot of Marvel and DC titles and popularized Venom, and Al Milgrom was one of the creators of Firestorm with Gerry Conway.
- In 2049, on the back of the prison guard's magazine is an advertisement for Ralph's favorite soda gingold.
- Ralph refers to Eobard as "He who must not be named", a reference to Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter.
- The Negative Speed Force is actually pulling from Geoff Johns 2009 Flash Rebirth when Professor Zoom created the Negative Speed Force.
- The prison guard refers to Eobard as, "Hannibal Speedster," a reference to the fictional serial killer and cannibal, Hannibal Lecter.
- In the Flash 'Force Quest' storyline, besides the Negative Speed Force, there was also, the Sage Force, the Strength Force and the Still Force.
- When Ralph tells Iris that she and Barry "are like the Meghan and Harry of superhero royalty" he is referring to the duke and duchess of Sussex.
- Ralph and Sherloque are fans of John Stamos. According to Ralph, Stamos is still handsome at 87 in 2049; Sherloque quips "[Stamos] will never not age".
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|