- "Look Iris, I'm barely hanging on. I can't catch my breath, I'm getting dizzy, my feet are numb, my fingers tingle. It feels like with every step I take I'm being ripped in two. All I can think about is if I'll be fast enough tomorrow to save another life."
- —Barry Allen on his quickly declining speed because of the death of the Speed Force.
"So Long and Goodnight" is the sixteenth episode of the sixth season of , and the one-hundred-thirtieth episode overall. It aired on April 21, 2020.
|After Black Hole hires Rag Doll to kill Joe, Singh suggests he go into Witness Protection but Joe refuses to stop investigating Carver. While investigating Carver with Cisco, Ralph runs into Sue. Iris becomes suspicious of Eva.|
The scene opens with Carver putting a hit out on Joe West. Somewhere else, Team Flash is playing Pictionary at the West house and keeping in mind that Joe gets a call about the Carver case, Singh discloses to him he needs to step once again from it.
Cisco gets together with Ralph and Ralph clarifies that he has been following Sue Dearbon and has made sense of her next objective - turns out Sue's been burglarizing banks. Cisco consents to help Ralph stop her.
Joe is driving when his vehicle out of nowhere no longer reacts to him and starts dashing crazy. Joe gets out without a moment to spare before the vehicle crashes and detonates. It is sufficient to incite Singh to need to put Joe into witness insurance, yet Joe works him out of it. Joe stays on Carver's case.
Cisco and Ralph crash the speculator informal breakfast with Cisco running into January Galore, one of the arms vendors from Barry and Cisco's James Bond-style experience. Be that as it may, it's not the genuine January. It's Sue in mask and after some clever talk, she escapes.
While Joe is investigating Sunshine, Rag Doll (who is stowing away in a record put away) appears. He diverts Joe's slugs, however while the Flash appears at help, he isn't sufficiently quick to prevent Joe from getting harmed. Barry attempts to persuade Joe to chill out the case since he's not quick enough to secure him now.
Joe chooses to go stand up to Carver himself and Carver winds up uncovering himself. Joe was recording him the entire time, yet Carver counters with a confined EMP beat and annihilates it and further undermines Joe and his family. Barry pushes him to consider observer security.
Sue is packaging her next imprint when Ralph appears and busts her. Things being what they are, somebody is blackmailing Sue's folks - Carver. She's researching him, as well. Ralph offers to support her. After a touch of talk, she gives him the precious stone she recently took and instructs him to "investigate it".
Allegra and Nash promise to protect Cecile, however after Allegra advises Nash to simply go, she's assaulted by Rag Doll. Nash appears and attempts to stop him, without much of any result and the reprobate follows Cecile next and hijacks her. Barry and Joe go to save her. Joe triggers a bomb and Cecile uncovers she's perched on a weight bomb. On the off chance that she gets up it will detonate. Joe figures out how to exchange places with her. Understanding the bomb, Flash races to Joe and Cecile. He speeds Cecile to wellbeing and races back to spare Joe just to find that Joe spared himself - and is currently all set into witness insurance.
Afterward, Mirror Iris contends with Barry in light of the fact that he didn't race to come get her when Joe headed out to observe security and won't utilize his speed to discover her father so she can bid farewell. She tosses him out of their home.
- In the Mirror World, Iris discloses to Eva she thoroughly considers she's discovered a way. Iris discloses to Eva Barry's the Flash and that he may be the way to getting them out of the Mirror World. When alone, Eva promptly connects with Mirror Iris and advises her to deplete Barry of his speed so as to ensure her better half.
- Singh is clearly working for Eva.
- Eva makes herself known to Carver. Turns out she has a grievance with him since he's left her in the Mirror World and assumed control over her organization and tech.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen and "Iris West-Allen"
- Danielle Panabaker (credit only)
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny
- Danielle Nicolet as Defense Attorney Cecile Horton
- Efrat Dor as Dr. Eva McCulloch
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Nash Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West
- Patrick Sabongui as Chief "David Singh"
- Natalie Dreyfuss as Sue Dearbon
- Victoria Park as "Kamilla Hwang"
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia
- Troy James as Peter Merkel/Rag Doll
- Eric Nenninger as Joseph Carver
- Natalie Sharp as Millie Rawlins
- Andrew J. Hampton as Maurice
- Rebecca Roberts as January Galore
- Elizabeth Weinstein as Financial Adviser
- Originally set to air on March 31, 2020, it was pushed back to accommodate the halted production of every other TV show from the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- After being pushed to April 7, the episode was delayed yet again. Reruns of aired during that week instead.
- On March 30th, 2020, The CW released a graph of returning shows, confirming both The Flash and would return on April 21 with new episodes.
- On April 20th, one day before the release of the new episode, it was leaked online.
- There is a mention of Prince during the episode that aired on the fourth anniversary of his death.
- This is the second episode to not feature Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow) after "".
- The title of this episode is a reference to the scene where Mirror Iris kicks Barry out of their apartment.
- This is actually wrong for how the fight went; Barry owns the apartment. So the correct version would be him kicking Mirror Iris out for being unreasonable; the owner is supposed to kick out the other person.
- In one scene, the financial adviser asks Sue if she and Ralph are married, to which they both reply "gross". In the comics, the two of them are married.
- The song used at the end of the episode is "Razor" by Foo Fighters.
- The scene where Joe almost got killed is a bit similar to what almost happened to Wild Dog in the Season 6 finale ("") of in which Wild Dog and some FBI agents were looking for Ricardo Diaz inside of a building in which it reveals to be planted with explosives by which Wild Dog thought he would die right there until he managed to escape with the FBI agents and the same thing happened with Joe in which he thought that he was going to die until he ended up disarm the explosive that was tied to the chair he was on and manage to escape just before Barry showed up.
- In a deleted scene, while Cecile Horton watches and listens, Nash Wells reveals to Allegra Garcia the story of Maya and apologizes to Allegra for not treating her as an individual.
- Iris tells Eva that Barry is the Flash, but from Iris' perspective, Eva should not even know who the Flash is given that she has been trapped in the Mirrorverse ever since the particle accelerator explosion.
- However Eva is known to spy on people through her mirror to pass the time so she could saw Barry being The Flash at some point during her time.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|