- "I told them what they wanted to hear. I need this school, okay? I want to be here."
- —Sophie Moore to Kate Kane[src]
Sophie Moore was implied to have been raised in a conservative family. Upon discovering she was attracted to women, Sophie feared coming out to anyone, especially her mother, who held negative views towards LBGT individuals.
In adulthood, Sophie studied at Point Rock Academy, where she developed a secret romantic relationship with her classmate, Kate Kane. The two often snuck off to make out despite the policy of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", which was still in effect at the time. A week before graduation, they were caught by a superior and forced to reveal what had been happening. Given the option to deny the homosexual allegations, Sophie and Kate decided to tell the truth, feeling optimistic that the school wouldn't kick out their best cadets. Before that, Sophie asked the school not to call her mother, fearing her reaction if she found out. Sophie was then visited by Kate's father, Jacob Kane who expressed that Point Rock would just expel both her and Kate no matter what despite them being their best students. After this talk, Sophie decided to take the offer, wishing to graduate. As a result, she and Kate broke up.
After graduation, Sophie went on to work for Crows Security, soon rising to become a high-ranking agent and earning the personal respect of Commander Jacob Kane. At some point, she married fellow Crows agent Tyler. However, Sophie kept Tyler and her social circle in the dark about her orientation.
Rise of Batwoman
In 2018, Sophie helped lead the team during an event in which the Bat-Signal was being turned off. During the event, Sophie sees someone in a white rabbit mask and proceeds to chase after them. She manages to grab onto the person wearing the white rabbit mask, but the two end up fighting one another. She then gets grabbed from behind after incapacitating the person in the white rabbit mask. She falls off the railing in the second fight, but her fall is cushioned. However, a Gang wearing animal masks takes her captive. She gets knocked out and is put inside a van. Late, it's revealed that Sophie was kidnapped by Alice's gang, who wished to make a statement to Commander Kane.
The following night, Sophie was taken as a hostage and made to stand on a plank of wood hanging from a skyscraper above the city's movie in the park event, Dodgson, one of Sophie's co-workers is seen walking to where Alice is keeping her, Sophie asks for help, but he's revealed to be working with Alice, as she tells her to have fun and walks away with Sophie calling him a traitor. The barrel holding the plank up was eventually slashed open, causing Sophie to plummet down, however, she was saved by a masked vigilante, who covered her as they crashed down into an abandoned building. Returning to work, Sophie caught a glimpse of Kate. She went to find her, thanking her for returning to help. They were joined by Tyler, whom Sophie introduced to Kate.
Suspicious of Kate
During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Sophie as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
Leading the Crows
Falling in love with Batwoman
Soon after, Sophie's boss, Jacob Kane, discovers that she helps Batwoman and suspended her. Later, she informs Batwoman of her situation, she says that she understands her, but at the moment where Batwoman leaves, Sophie says of waiting and they kiss.
The next night, Batwoman goes to Sophie's home and they have an official first date. Batwoman wants to protect her and says that they don't see again because she has enemies and that they do the link she will be in danger, but Sophie answers her that she can defend herself, then they kiss. But Sophie's mother arrives, forcing Batwoman to leave.
Later, Sophie meets Julia Pennyworth, Kate's ex as her who saves her after she learnt that a contract has posed on her, and they sympathize.
Sophie has a strong sense of justice. When Sophie discovered her sexuality, she feared coming out to others because she grew up with a parent who despised LGBT individuals. During her time at Point Rock Academy, Sophie loved Kate and eventually decided to reveal her sexuality to her fellow cadets, but after a chat with Jacob Kane, Sophie changed her mind and stayed at Point Rock though she regretted ending her relationship with Kate.
- "Operational leadership at its best, Agent Moore. Well done tonight."
- —Jacob Kane to Sophie Moore[src]
- Peak of human physical condition: As a graduate of Point Rock Academy and member of Crows Security, Sophie is in top physical condition.
- Acrobatics/Free-running: Since joining the Crows, Sophie has developed free-running skills and can fall from a height of several feet without hurting herself. Her abilities allow her to dodge and attack with fluidity from different directions without losing balance. She has shown to be capable of jumping off buildings with ease to apprehend a criminal from Alice's Wonderland gang.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Sophie is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, having years to hone her combat skills as an agent of Crows Security.
- Expert markswoman: Due to her Crows training, Sophie is highly skilled in the use of firearms.
- Skilled knife-wielder: Sophie is capable of fighting with knives, as seen when battling a member of the Wonderland gang.
- Indomitable will/High tolerance for pain: As a determined and driven individual with training from the Crows, Sophie can handle the pain of a bullet wound.
- Guns: Sophie primarily makes use of a pistol, wielding it quite effectively.
- Combat knife: Sophie uses a combat knife in her battles.
- Sophie weighs 125 lbs.
- Sophie is possibly bisexual due to her marriage to Tyler and past relationship with Kate Kane. However, the details of her sexuality have yet to be revealed. Mary Hamilton even questioned whether Sophie is bisexual, pansexual, or omnisexual, none of which have been confirmed.
- Sophie is 28 years old, has two degrees and lives in a condo by the river.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Sophie Moore was a cadet at West Point, where she held the rank of Brigade S-3 and developed a romantic relationship with her roommate, Kate Kane.