After Harrison Wells and Jesse Wells made their way to Earth-1 after discovering the latter gained superhuman speed, they were taken to the speed lab. Barry was surprised to learn such a room existed and Wells quickly deduced Barry changed the timeline, as he was unaware such a room existed either. When Jesse Wells tested her speed out in the lab, Wally left out of jealousy.
After several tests, Caitlin noted she could do good but was cut off, as Wells suggested they run more tests. When Jesse left the lab, Wells admitted he was stalling and told Caitlin and Cisco he brought her back to Earth-1 to get the team to talk her out of being a hero.
After Wally West was given speed powers from the Philosopher's Stone, he tested his new powers in the speed lab with Cisco noting that he was going a lot faster than Barry had been when the latter first gained his powers.
In a possible future, the Speed lab was transformed into the Hall of Villains, being a part of the Flash Museum. This was seen in the erased future that Nora West-Allen comes from, however, since this future was erased in the timeline, it is unknown if S.T.A.R. Labs will be transformed into the Flash Museum.
- Barry Allen/The Flash
- Nora West-Allen/XS (formerly; erased from existence)
- Wally West/Kid Flash (formerly)
- Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick (formerly; deceased)
- Iris West-Allen/The Flash (briefly)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Chronicles of Cisco
- It was presumably built by Eobard Thawne (posing as Harrison Wells) at the same time as the rest of S.T.A.R. Labs, though it's unknown how anyone else would have reacted to this, because "Wells" should not have known about speedsters before the particle accelerator explosion. Like the "pipeline," the area may have been used for something else before being repurposed to aid Team Flash.
Behind the scenes
- Even though the lab was an original creation for the show, it made its first official appearance in the mainstream DC Universe in "The Flash" vol. 5 #76 as a part of the Flash Museum.