When a malfunction sends the Waverider crashing into 2046 Star City, our heroes face a startling version of their own future where they never stop Savage and never return home. The city is in ruins and overrun by criminals, which thrills Rory. Sara is despondent over the destruction of her home and stunned when she learns what happened to her old friend, Oliver Queen.
Preparation ran from October 29 until November 6, 2015. Shooting ran from November 9 until November 20, 2015.
- Ray refers to Kendra as a "real Rosie the Riveter", a reference to the American cultural icon employed during World War II. Rory nicknames two of his men "Fonzie" and "Kenickie". The former is a character from the 1970s/80s TV series, Happy Days, and the latter is a character from the 1971 musical Grease and its 1978 film adaptation of the same name.
- Oliver Queen is featured as an old man with goatee beard and one arm, in reference to the 1986 four-issue comic book, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: in Earth-31, an aged Oliver Queen/Green Arrow helps to an aged Bruce Wayne/Batman to beat an aged Clark Kent/Superman with a Kryptonite arrow.
- According to Oliver, the code for Felicity's old warehouse is "4587". Interestingly, this is also the codename Oliver had during his time as an inmate on Slabside Maximum Security Prison during Arrow Season 7 (which chronologically takes place 28 years before this episode).
- The second Green Arrow in the future, calling himself "Connor Hawke", is revealed to be the son of John Diggle. In the comics, his mother is Moonday Hawke and his father is Oliver Queen. The name Connor Hawke would eventually be adapted as the name of Ben Turner's son. In addition, Joseph David-Jones went on to play the future version of that character in Arrow's seventh season.
- Oliver mentions a warehouse at the corner of "Adams and O'Neil", referencing the creative team behind the famous Green Lantern/Green Arrow series, Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil.
- The alley has a political poster for someone named McCallister running for office in 2040. This is a reference to Bobby McCallister, a character who became President of the United States in 2040 on the Greg Berlanti television series Jack & Bobby.
- ↑ 'Vixen', Old 'Oliver' & 'King Shark' Feature In Descriptions For ARROW, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, & THE FLASH - Comic Book Movie
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|