The full suit consists of red and blue pants, a blue breastplate with a white star in the center of it (similar to his grandfather's suit) with red accents around it and blue shoulder pads, a pair of blue gloves and arm guards and a red helmet with white and blue accents.
When preparing to fight the Nazi invaders from Earth-X along with rest of the heroes when they assembled aboard the Waverider, Nate was shown to have the helmet with him, but was not seen wearing the helmet during the battle. Since then, he's continued to operate in the field wearing his suit but has not worn his helmet.
- Identity concealment (formerly): Nate uses a red helmet with white and blue accents to conceal his identity. However, Nate later uses the suit without the helmet while fighting Earth-X Nazis.
- Protection: Nate's suit breastplate is made from dwarf star that he, Ray, and Jax recovered from a train. This may serve as protection from materials stronger than Nate's steel form such as the dwarf star bullet that Nate was shot by, nearly costing him his life.
- Comfort: One reason for the creation of the suit is that Nate tells Ray that normal clothes stretch awkwardly when he uses his powers. However, if this is still the case, he does not show it.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Similar to the first Green Arrow suit and the first White Canary suit, the suit does not include sleeves.
- The suit, like Nathan Heywood/Citizen Steel's original suit from the comics, is similar to the suit of the famous Captain America's of Marvel Comics. According to the costume designers it was hard to make the Steel suit for the show as they wished to differentiate between Steel and Captain America.
|Other versions of Steel suit|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Steel suit.|