- "You just follow instructions, and everybody here gets to live to see the sunshine tomorrow. Right? And I'd better not see the Flash, either."
- —Sterling Brooks to Joe West[src]
- "I'll blow this block!"
"You do realize you're a part of that, right?"
- —Sterling Brooks and Elongated Man[src]
In early 2018, Sterling organized a robbery at a jewelry store wearing a bomb vest and holding several hostages. Sterling made a list of demands to Joe West, including a salad to eat. However, Elongated Man arrived there and rescued the hostages, causing Sterling's plan to fail. When Elongated Man removed his bomb vest, he activated the bomb, causing Elongated Man to hold the bomb to himself and absorb the explosion. Sterling was frightened and fainted on the ground, causing his arrest.
In late 2018, Sterling organized another robbery with an advanced rifle gun at the grocery store. Elongated Man arrives at the store and shape-shifted into a pear. While Sterling stepped forward checking out the object, Elongated Man punched him, causing Sterling to faint on the ground.
During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Sterling as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
- "Hands in the air, you foam-lovin' fascists!"
- —Sterling Brooks[src]
In early 2020, Sterling appears, robbing CC Jitters after its reopening. The waitress claimed they didn't have any money at the moment since they have just reopened the shop. Sterling later started blasting furniture and eating utensils. The Flash later arrived and wrapped Sterling in a banner.
Brooks is not a typical criminal, while he threatened to detonate his bomb vest to hurt innocent individuals, he specifically demanded for an eco-friendly car as an escape vehicle, but also a private plane and a salad (because he was "counting calories") when he attempted to rob a grocery store, he specified that his weapon was solar-powered with no carbon footprint, furthering his uncommon environmental consciousness, he even spent a week charging the gun and made the cashier put the money in the bags he brought himself. He accepted her apology when she apologized for almost not doing this.
Brooks appears to dislike meta-humans, as he referred to Elongated Man as a "freak", he detonated his bomb vest when the hero disarmed him of it. He appeared to be scared of the explosion and he fainted when he survived.
By 2020, Brooks has accepted when a hero shows up, it's game over.
- Expert marksman: During Brooks' robberies, he appears to handle a advanced rifle gun with low effort.
- Energy rifle gun: During Brooks' robberies, he carries a solar powered rifle gun. He also claimed the gun was charged in sunlight with UVA, UVB and UVC.
- Bag: During Brooks' robbery at the grocery store, he ordered the receptionist not to put the money in a plastic bag as he brought his own one.
- Bomb vest: As Brooks' bomb vest was removed by Elongated Man, he no longer bring it to his robberies.
Behind the scenes
- Eduard Witzke was credited as the Robber in "", however, he was given the name Sterling Brooks and was credited as Sterling Brooks in "". This name was once credited again in "".
- It is presumed that the name Sterling Brooks was named after the writer of multiple episodes of , Sterling Gates. However, it was not confirmed.
- He is widely considered an idiot by fans, due the fact he constantly attempts robbing people in a city where there's superheroes.
- His attempt to rob Jitters after re-opening is by far the greatest moment of his inability to plan well.