- "I don't even know why you're teaching us how to use these things. What good is wooden stick if the other guy's got a gun?"
"You ever heard of Slade Wilson? He could take you down in about two seconds with a 'wooden stick'."
"Actually, they're more than just wooden sticks. They're from the Philippines, and their technical name is --"
- —Rene Ramirez, John Diggle, Curtis Holt, and Evelyn Sharp[src]
Stick-fighting refers to the skills of a person versed in the art of a stick-based weapon. The term is modern, and as such was mainly used to refer to Escrima and Bojutsu techniques, but by extension it can also be applied to any martial art involving the use of a stick-like weapon.
Known types of stick-based weaponry
- Oliver Queen/The Hood/The Arrow/Green Arrow
- Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- John Diggle/Spartan
- Joe Wilson/Kane Wolfman
- Roy Harper/Arsenal
- Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
- Sara Lance/The Canary/White Canary
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary (deceased)
- Thea Queen/Speedy
- Lonnie Machin/Anarky
- Vandal Savage (deceased)
- Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer (deceased)
- Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific
- Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Evelyn Sharp/Artemis (status unknown)
- Rory Regan/Ragman
- Lar Gand (deceased)
- J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter
- Alex Danvers
- Laurel Lance/Black Siren/Black Canary
- Robert DuBois
Behind the scenes
- In the real world, stick-fighting, stickfighting, or stick fighting is a variety of martial arts which use simple long slender, blunt, hand-held, generally wooden 'sticks' for fighting; such as a staff, cane, walking stick, baton or similar. Escrima or arnis of the Philippines uses sticks traditionally crafted from rattan or from butterfruit tree and may be wielded singly or as a pair.