The Still Force is the natural opposite of Speed Force, meaning that while the Speed Force is based around motion and moving forward, the Still Force is centered around stagnation, reversion and perpetuation.
The lightning bolt that revived the Speed Force was full of Elemental Force particles. This energy separated into four parts and was disbursed from S.T.A.R. Labs into the atmosphere. Barry, from 17 days in the future, decided not to stop the dispersion after he saw the birth of the Forces.
One of the four parts was bestowed to Deon Owens, allowing him the power to manipulate time. After returning from a time loop where December 4, 1998 was repeated, Cisco Ramon named the power the Still Force, for the purpose of alliteration and to convey how it was the opposite of the Speed Force in function.
After the Speed Force killed Alexa Rivera, Barry decided that he wanted to stop the dispersion of the Forces to save the lives of the hosts of the Forces. Deon appeared in 2020 and told Barry that he was one with the Still Force, making him a god. Later, for a moment, Deon faded from existence but soon returned. Afterwards, the Speed Force, in the form of Nora Allen, appeared and threatened Deon.
- Bioluminsence: By tapping into the power of the Still Force, it can cause their eyes to transform and glow a green shade.
- Time travel: Still Force users can use the Still Force to travel back in time; though differently. Unlike normal time travel, they instead send their consciousness back into an earlier version of themselves; it's unknown if this is a personal choice or limitation.
- Selective displacement: Still Force users can emit green blasts of Still Force energy to remove singular items and individuals from the time they're in. They can also send people back to their time and "rewind" their clothing; Deon sent Cisco and Chester back home, even restoring the clothes they arrived in 1998 wearing.
- Time barrier: A literal barrier of time created by Still Force energy. It seals the area where Still Force Users are constantly using their powers; it cannot be broken unless the Still Force users decides to release their powers.
- Memory manipulation: A secondary effect of the Still Force's time manipulation powers. By rewinding time, Still Force Users can bury memory of what has already occurred; though a mention of something yet to happen can return the victim's memories. As shown with Cisco, if someone is transported into the past and gets zapped by the rewind, they lose memory of anything beyond the year they are in; Cisco temporarily regressed to his 7 year old persona until Chester mentioned Game of Thrones to wake up his memories.
- Deon Owens (host)
- Green: When the Still Force was created it manifested as green lightning which hit Deon Owens. When Barry went back in time and absorbed the particles of the forces, green lightning hit Deon's body in an attempt to destroy the Still Force.
- The opposing natures of the Forces of Speed and Still seem to indicate that they're meant to keep one another in check, keeping the universe from either moving too fast or grinding to a complete halt.
- Cisco states that the Still Force works like Turtle 2.0's powers. However, the Still Force works in reverse, as Turtle 2.0 could accelerate or steal time from targets to age them to death.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, the Still Force is a cosmic force based around entropy and inertia. It was one of the seven hidden forces of the universe that were previously condemned by the Source Wall and the counter-energy to the Speed Force. In the show, this is seen by how usage of the Still Force pulls things out of the past, or reverts something to an historical version of itself, but never draws something in from the future.