Suns are large celestial objects emitting huge amounts of heat and light through nuclear fusion. Solar systems usually form around stars.
- Yellow sun: Yellow or mainstream suns are young, small stars that emit enough solar radiation to gift Kryptonians and Daxamites with incredible abilities while on a planet orbiting one.
- Sol: Sol a 4.5 billion year old yellow star that the star the Solar System formed around. Earth, Mars and Titan are all inhabited worlds orbiting Sol. Earth is a common stopping point for alien visitors and refugees due to its universal environment allowing many aliens to survive on Earth. Kryptonians and Daxamites see Earth as a paradise due to it's yellow sun and it's lush environment that is a lot less harsh then Krypton and Daxam.
- Red sun: Red suns are large or small, cool stars that emit much less solar radiation then yellow ones meaning they don't gift Kryptonians or Daxamites with powers.
- Rao: Rao is a cool, 13 billion year old dwarf star that Krypton orbited before it's destruction. Daxam still orbits the star but is now a wasteland after being ravaged by Krypton's destruction. It is unknown if Daxamites have yet returned to Daxam or if other planets orbiting the star are inhabited.
- Arcturus: Arcturus is another red sun that the planet Maaldoria orbits. When Kara Danvers and Mon-El visited Maaldoria, they lost their powers due to Arcturus' red sunlight.
- Blue sun: Blue suns are large, hot suns emitting more energy then red and yellow suns respectively. Despite emitting more energy then yellow stars, Kryptonians and Daxamites do not gain powers under it as too much energy is released for them to absorb. The radiation emitted is deadly to males so no duo-gender species can inhabit a system orbiting one and as no mono-gender species has been seen, it is likely blue star systems are uninhabited.
- AZ336XB12: AZ336XB12 is an unnamed blue star that Fort Rozz entered into orbit after Supergirl launched it into space. The rays from the blue sun killed the male prisoners still on board. When Supergirl visited Fort Rozz to get information from a prisoner about Reign, she took an all female team with her to help protect her without her powers.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Kryptonians get their powers from both the energy of a yellow and blue sun respectively, well there cousin species, the Daxamites get there powers from the energy of a yellow, red and blue sun respectively, however, these said powers of theirs are far more potent; when they are exposed to the solar energy of a blue sun.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.