Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Suns are stars, large celestial objects emitting huge amounts of heat and light through nuclear fusion, around which solar systems are formed.
- Yellow sun: Yellow or mainstream suns are young, small stars that emit enough solar radiation to gift Kryptonians and Daxamites with incredible powers while on a planet orbiting one.
- Sol: Sol a 4.5 billion-year-old yellow star that the star the Solar System formed around. Earth, Mars, and Titan are all inhabited worlds orbiting Sol. Earth is a common stopping point for alien visitors and refugees due to its universal environment allowing many aliens to survive on Earth. Kryptonians and Daxamites in particular see Earth as a paradise due to its yellow sun and lush environment, which is a lot less harsh than Krypton and Daxam.
- Red sun: Red suns are large or small cool stars that emit much less solar radiation then yellow ones. As a result, they don't grant Kryptonians or Daxamites with powers.
- Rao: Rao is a cool, 13 billion-year-old dwarf star that Krypton orbited before its destruction. Daxam still orbits the star but is now a wasteland after being ravaged by Krypton's destruction. Another world that orbits Rao is Jarhanpur. This world was destroyed by civil war many years before the destruction of Krypton, with 5 of it leaders fleeing into the universe, one such leader landing on Earth.
- Arcturus: Arcturus is another red sun that includes the planet Maaldoria in its orbit.
- Blue sun: Blue suns are large, hot stars emitting stronger energy than red and yellow suns. Despite this, Kryptonians and Daxamites do not gain powers under blue star radiation because too much energy is released for them to absorb, causing them to short circuit while under one. The radiation emitted is also deadly to any organism carrying a Y-chromosome (males) so no duo-gender species can inhabit a system orbiting one. Only females can survive blue suns. As no mono-gender species have been seen, it is likely blue star systems are uninhabited.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Kryptonians get their powers from the energy of both yellow and blue suns. The Kryptonians' cousin species, the Daxamites, get their powers from the energy of both yellow and blue suns, but likewise lose their power under a red sun. Kryptonians and Daxamites' powers are far more potent when they are exposed to the solar energy of a blue sun, the former gaining new powers as a consequence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.