- For other uses of "Super Friend", see Super Friend (disambiguation).
- "Wait, so the Superfriends are back?"
- "We're not calling ourselves that."
- —Winn Schott and Kara Danvers[src]
The Superfriends, also written as Super Friends, coined by Winn Schott, is a vigilante team led by Kara Danvers that operated in National City of Earth-38. The team protects the city from anyone who means to cause it harm, especially alien hostiles. The team is currently inactive, as Supergirl and J'onn J'onzz were the only members to survive the destruction of the multiverse. The Superfriends also worked closely with the D.E.O., their biggest ally, until it was destroyed.
Year One: Myriad
After Kara saved Flight 237 and revealed herself to the world, she wanted to use her powers to help people. She then revealed her true identity to her best friend, Winn Schott, who eagerly agreed to help her and keep her secret. He helped make her suit, find her crimes to fight, and even gave her some advice.
The team was expanded when James Olsen told Kara that he knew that she was Supergirl and that her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman wanted him to help her. Her team was then expanded more when she became allies and a member of the D.E.O., earning the help of Hank Henshaw/J'onn J'onzz, Alex Danvers, and numerous other D.E.O. members.
Cat Grant became an ally of Supergirl's team after the latter saved Cat, and the two became close friends.
During Myriad's initiation into National City, Alex was controlled by Non and tried to kill Supergirl, but she managed to get back to normal. Later, J'onn and Kara fought Non and Indigo and managed to defeat them, but the only way to prevent Myriad from killing everyone on Earth was to launch Fort Rozz itself into space. At the risk of her own life, Kara lifted Fort Rozz into space and pushed it away from Earth. Kara was saved by J'onn shortly after.
Year Two: Alien Amnesty Act/Daxamite invasion
The Daxamite Mon-El who crash-landed on Earth, became a member of Supergirl's team after he earned both Supergirl and the D.E.O.'s trust. He started training with Supergirl and became an agent of the D.E.O. before he eventually started going on some missions with Supergirl.
When Alex's relationship with detective Maggie Sawyer started getting serious, Maggie revealed that she had figured out that Kara and Supergirl were the same person. She then became a ally of the team.
When James Olsen became the vigilante known as Guardian, he, along with his own team, became allies of Supergirl's team.
Year Three: Legion/Worldkillers/Children of Juru
Maggie ended up leaving the team when she broke up with Alex Danvers. However, Lena Luthor had become a member of the team.
The Legion returned from their own time in order to be allies once more against Reign along with Alura in the field.
Year Four: Children of Liberty/Return of Lex Luthor
New CatCo employee, Nia Nal who is a human-naltorian hybrid with precognition powers, joined the Superfriends in their fight in protecting aliens.
However, Superfriends were able to clear Supergirl's name, stopping the Children of Liberty and Lex before the latter is killed by Lena. As Lex dies, he reveals to Lena that Kara is Supergirl, leaving Lena bitter and angry.
Year Five: War against Leviathan/Lena and Kara's fallout/Anti-Monitor Crisis
Lena had cut her ties with the Superfriends while still pretending to be Kara's ally. Later battling against Leviathan with them, but preparing her own plans in the meantime. While Kara managed to stop her plan to erase violence with the help of her team and Malefic J'onzz, the appearance of J'onn's brother was revealed to be a test for J'onn for the oncoming Crisis.
The Superfriends later worked with Lena to save a large amount of the population of Earth-38 from antimatter with the new addition of Kelly Olsen. Along with her, they also had the assistance of Team Arrow, Team Flash, Batwoman, White Canary, and the Atom. They then failed at saving the citizens of Earth-38 that were moved to Earth-1.However Kara, J'onn, and the newly resurrected Lex Luthor ended up helping in stopping Mobius as the Paragons. Then creating Earth-Prime where they finished him off with the other heroes of the merged Earth.
Due to Lex, Lena retained her memories, but also her anger for the secrets. Lex sought to rule the new world but he learned of a new threat called Leviathan and decided to destroy it from within, though his hatred for Kryptonians stayed paramount. Lex even had Jeremiah Danvers killed to keep Supergirl off-balance. Though he knew it was a failure, Lex worked with Lena on her project until she realized it as well and humbly returned and apologized to Supergirl, who revealed that she hid her identity because their friendship was so valuable to her and to keep Lena from harm. Ultimately, Kara and Lena decided that Lex needed to be defeated.
Leviathan, who sought to kill 1/4 of the world through a program called Obsidian Platinum, was thwarted in VR by Supergirl and in reality by Querl Dox, who for the safety of his friends kept his own secrets, but the process left him slowly dying of radiation poisoning and Nia Nal not understanding the one she loved. Nia later appears on the Leviathan ship and saves Brainy. Gamemnae then appeared and attacked the Superfriends. She entered the ship's computer system and assumed her true form, but she was killed by Supergirl using the Anti-life equation. After Leviathan and the Luthors were defeated, Lex hit Supergirl with a projector from the Fortress and sent her to the Phantom Zone. The team had to work to find a way to locate her.
Year Six: Kara in the Phantom Zone/The Seven AllStone Totems
The Superfriends fight Prime Phantom, a phantom that escaped the Phantom Zone, who started transforming the citizens of National City into its progeny, even infecting Miss Martian, until finally defeated.
The new and old merbers of the Superfriends like Mon-El, Winn Schott]] and James Olsen reunited to defeat Lex Luthor and Nxyly and imprisioned them in the Phantom Zone. The D.E.O. is rebuilt with J'onn and Alex in charge. Kara will still do double duty as Editor-in-Chief of CatCo and continue fighting as Supergirl when people need her.
- Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers/Supergirl (founder, leader, Editor-in-chief of CatCo and field agent)
- J'onn J'onzz/John Jones/Martian Manhunter (infiltration, psychic support and field agent)
- Alex Danvers/Sentinel (medical support and field agent)
- Nia Nal/Dreamer (dream intel, reporter of CatCo and field agent)
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (D.E.O., field agent, tech support, computer programmer/hacker)
- Lena Luthor (former owner of CatCo and co-owner of Luthor Corp, informant, tech support, magic practitioner and medical support)
- Kelly Olsen/Guardian (psychotherapist, tech support and field agent)
- Winn Schott/Computer Lad/Toyman (tech support and computer programmer/hacker; left to join the Legion)
- Mon-El/Mike Matthews (field agent; left to re-join the Legion)
- James Olsen/Guardian (field agent and left for Calvintown)
- M’gann M’orzz/Miss Martian (psychic support and field agent; returned to Mars)
- Alura Zor-El (field agent; returned to Argo City)
- Lucy Lane (field agent; rejoined the U.S. Army)
- Maggie Sawyer (police detective, informant and occasional field agent; left after breaking up with Alex)
- M'yrnn J'onzz (field agent and psychic support; deceased)
Alternate timeline members
- Kara Danvers/Supergirl (field agent)
- J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter (field agent)
- Alex Danvers (field agent)
- Nia Nal/Dreamer (field agent)
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (field agent)
- Winn Schott/Computer Lad/Toyman (field agent)
- Mon-El (field agent)
- Kelly Olsen (field agent)
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (field agent; lost his emotions and betrayed the team)
Alternate timeline enemies
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
|Other versions of Superfriends|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Superfriends.|