- "Wait, so the Superfriends are back?"
- "We're not calling ourselves that."
- —Winn Schott and Kara Danvers[src]
The Superfriends, coined by Winn Schott, is a vigilante team led by Kara Danvers that operates in National City of Earth-38. The team protects the city from anyone who means to cause it harm, especially alien hostiles. The team is currently inactive, as Supergirl and J’onn J’onzz were the only members to survive the destruction of the multiverse. The Superfriends also work closely with the D.E.O., which is their biggest ally.
Year One: Becoming Supergirl
After Kara saved Flight 237 and revealed herself to the world, she wanted to use her powers to help people. She then revealed her true identity to her best friend, Winn Schott, who eagerly agreed to help her and keep her secret. He helped make her suit, find her crimes to fight, and even gave her some advice.
The team was expanded when James Olsen told Kara that he knew that she was Supergirl and that her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman wanted him to help her. Her team was then expanded more when she became allies and a member of the D.E.O., earning the help of Hank Henshaw/J'onn J'onzz, Alex Danvers, and numerous other D.E.O. members.
Cat Grant became an ally of Supergirl's team after the latter saved Cat, and the two became close friends.
Year Two: Alien Amnesty Act/Daxamite invasion
The Daxamite Mon-El who crash-landed on Earth, became a member of Supergirl's team after he earned both Supergirl and the D.E.O.'s trust. He started training with Supergirl and became an agent of the D.E.O. before he eventually started going on some missions with Supergirl.
When Alex's relationship with detective Maggie Sawyer started getting serious, Maggie revealed that she had figured out that Kara and Supergirl were the same people. She then became a member of the team.
When James Olsen became the vigilante known as Guardian, he, along with his own team, became allies of Supergirl's team.
Year Three: Legion/Worldkillers/Children of Juru
Maggie ended up leaving the team when she broke up with Alex Danvers. However, Lena Luthor had become a member of the team.
The Legion returned from their own time in order to be allies once more against Reign along with Alura in the field.
Year Four: Anti-alien hatred/Children of Liberty/Government corruption/Return of Lex Luthor
The Superfriends started dealing with anti-alien organizations such as the Children of Liberty and it's leader, Ben Lockwood.
New CatCo employee, Nia Nal who is a human-naltorian hybrid with precognition powers, joined the Superfriends in their fight in protecting aliens.
However, Superfriends were able to clear Supergirl's name, stopping the Children of Liberty and Lex before the latter is killed by Lena. As Lex dies, he reveals to Lena that Kara is Supergirl, leaving Lena bitter and angry.
Year Five: War against Leviathan/Lena and Kara's fallout/Anti-Monitor Crisis
The Superfriends are dealing with three new threats; Leviathan, Lena Luthor and the Anti-Monitor Crisis.
Lena had cut her ties with the Superfriends while still pretending to be Kara's ally. Later battling against Leviathan with them, but preparing her own plans in the meantime. While Kara managed to stop her plan to erase violence with the help of her team and Malefic J'onzz, the appearance of J'onn's brother was revealed to be a test for J'onn for the Crisis.
The Superfriends later worked with Lena to save a large amount of the population of Earth-38 from Antimatter with the new addition of Kelly Olsen. Along with her, they also had the assistance of Team Arrow, Team Flash, Kate Kane, Sara Lance, and Ray Palmer. They then failed at saving the citizens of Earth-38 that were moved to Earth-1. However Kara, J'onn, and the newly resurrected Lex Luthor ended up helping in stopping Mobius as the Paragons. Then creating Earth-Prime where they finished him off with the other heroes of the merged Earth.
Due to crisis this team was disbanded and a new team was made on Earth-Prime.
- Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers/Supergirl (founder, leader, reporter at C.W.M. and field agent)
- J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter (infiltration, psychic support, private detective and field agent; former director of the D.E.O.)
- Alex Danvers (director of the D.E.O., medical support and field agent)
- Nia Nal/Dreamer (reporter at C.W.M. and field agent)
- Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (D.E.O. agent, tech support, computer programmer/hacker and occasional field agent)
- Alura Zor-El (field agent; returned to Argo City)
- Lucy Lane (field agent; rejoined the U.S. Army)
- Mon-El/Mike Matthews (field agent; left to re-join the Legion)
- Maggie Sawyer (police detective, informant and occasional field agent; left after breaking up with Alex)
- M'yrnn J'onzz (field agent and psychic support; deceased)
- Winn Schott (tech support and computer programmer/hacker; left to join the Legion)
- James Olsen/Guardian (field agent; left to return to Calvintown)
- Lena Luthor (owner and C.E.O. of L-Corp, informant, tech support and medical support; betrayed the team)
- Project Cadmus
- Lena Luthor (former member)
- Lex Luthor
- Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash (operating on Earth-1)
|Other versions of Superfriends|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Superfriends.|