The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|After years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world's most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent and comic books' most famous journalist, Lois Lane, come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - dealing with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan and Jordan could inherit their father's Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang, a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark's first love, and her Fire Chief husband Kyle Cushing. The adults aren't the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle's rebellious daughter, Sarah. Of course, there's never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois' father, General Samuel Lane looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment's notice. Meanwhile, Superman and Lois' return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when a mysterious stranger enters their lives.|
- Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman
- Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane
- Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent
- Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent
- TBA as Martha Kent
- Dylan Walsh as General Samuel Lane
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang
- Erik Valdez as Fire Chief Kyle Cushing
- Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing
- TBA as Sophie Cushing
- Wolé Parks as The Stranger
- TBA as Morgan Edge
- TBA as Perry White
- TBA as Sean
- TBA as Cobb Branden
- TBA as Ron Troupe
- Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo
- Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr
Confirmed plot points
- Clark lost his job at the Daily Planet, following a massive layoff plan at the journal.
- Jonathan Kent, the adoptive father of Clark and the husband of Martha, is deceased.
- Jonathan and Jordan may or may not have inherited their father's powers.
- There will be a crossover episode with the second season of .
- Jonathan Kent: A 13-year-old Caucasian boy, who is well on his way to becoming a physical specimen. Jonathan is a clean-cut, modest and kind-hearted, with an aw-shucks attitude that somehow doesn't seem dated. He is also a three-sport athlete who's already garnering attention from college and pro-scouts. He and his twin brother don't know that their father is Superman.
- Jordan Kent: Also 13-years old and Caucasian, but has a young Leonardo DiCaprio quality and inherent darkness to him. Jordan is wildly intelligent, but his mercurial temperament and social anxiety limit his interactions with individuals. Consequently, he spends most of his free time playing video games. He and his twin brother don't know that their father is Superman.
- Martha Kent: She is living alone at the farm, where she raised Clark in Smallville.
- Samuel Lane: A no-nonsense Army general and Lois' father who's determined to keep America and the world, safe from all threats - from this world or beyond. Lane's a workaholic who demands nothing but excellence from all those in his life. He is in the picture and knows about Clark.
- Lana Lang-Cushing: She is also a big part of the show. She is the loan officer at Smallville Bank who stayed in Smallville when others left for something bigger and brighter. Lana re-establishes her friendship with her old friend, Clark Kent, during one of the most difficult periods in her life. She is also the wife of Kyle Cushing and the mother of Sarah and Sophie.
- Kyle Cushing: Smallville's fire chief and local hero who's seen his fair share of tragedy. The small town raised with small-town beliefs, Kyle doesn't care much for the big city and often butts heads with people that come from it. He is also the husband of Lana Lang and the father of Sarah and Sophie. He's also a drunk.
- Sarah Cushing: A whip-smart, super cool, and wild 14-year-old with some demons in her past who becomes friends with the Kent boys, Jonathan and Jordan. She tried to take her own life a year ago.
- Sophie Cushing: She is 8 years old. She is the younger daughter of Lana Lang and Kyle Cushing.
- The Stranger: A mysterious visitor hellbent on proving to the world that it no longer needs Superman. He is the villain of this season. His true identity is revealed at the end of the pilot.
- Morgan Edge: The new owner of the Daily Planet who begins a massive layoff plan at the journal, which will result in Clark being fired.
- Perry White: A gruff and no-nonsense newspaper editor.
- Sean: A tough, hot-headed farm boy who isn't afraid to start something if he doesn't like what he sees.
- Cobb Branden: A local farmer who's been around for a long time.
- Ron Troupe: A veteran reporter who relays some bad news.
- Chrissy Beppo: A journalist at the Smallville Gazette, Chrissy has a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. A go-getter with dreams of bigger and better things, a chance encounter with her idol changes her life trajectory.
- Leslie Larr: The right hand to one of the most influential people on the planet, she's gone from a young, idealistic dreamer to a hardened, world-worn dream killer. Athletic, strong... and oftentimes heartless.
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||Lee Toland Krieger||Greg Berlanti & Todd Helbing||Todd Helbing||February 23, 2021|
- Superman & Lois is an indirect reference to the 1993 television series; Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
- The unproduced fifth season of Lois & Clark would have been centered on the protagonists raising a child together, which is similar to the Superman & Lois premise.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the shooting and production of the pilot episode are delayed; the show will not air until January 2021.
- Filming for season one began on October 21, 2020. 
- "‘Superman & Lois’ TV Series Starring Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch In The Works At The CW" - Deadline
- "The CW Delays Nearly All Original Shows to 2021, Reveals January Schedule" - TVLine
- TV Line
- "‘Superman & Lois’ Casts Couple’s Sons As Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin Join the CW Series" - Deadline
- "The CW's Superman & Lois: Character Breakdown" - PRIMETIMER
- "‘Superman & Lois’: Dylan Walsh To Co-Star As General Lane In the CW Series Based On DC Characters" - Deadline
- ‘Superman & Lois’: Emmanuelle Chriqui To Play Lana Lang In the CW Series Based On DC Characters - Deadline
- ‘Superman & Lois’: Erik Valdez To Play Lana Lang’s Husband In the CW Series Based On DC Characters - Deadline
- ‘Superman & Lois’: Inde Navarrette To Play Sarah Cushing In the CW Series - Deadline
- ‘Superman & Lois’: Wolé Parks To Play The Stranger In the CW Series Based On DC Characters
- REPORT: Superman & Lois Kills Off Major DC Character in Pilot Episode
- Superman & Lois hires a go-getter for the Smallville Gazette
- 'Degrassi' Alum Stacey Farber to Play Leslie Larr on 'Superman & Lois'
- "The CW Plots ‘Superman’ & ‘Batwoman’ Crossover In 2021" - Deadline
- "Exclusive: The CW's 'Superman & Lois' May Feature Superboy & Robin, aka The Super Sons" - The GWW
- Instagram - James Bamford will direct episode 1x04 of Superman and Lois
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.