|Still controlled by the Fates, the Legends find themselves in 1984-esque world, they soon discover that things aren’t as they thought they would be. The Legends must convince the civilians to trust them and stand up for their right to choose, but the Fates don’t make it easy by resurrecting the Encores once again.|
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance/White Canary
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Clotho/Charlie
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz and Zari Tarazi
- Jes Macallan as Captain Ava Sharpe
- Courtney Ford as Marie Antoinette
- Olivia Swann as Astra Logue
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood/Steel
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Shayan Sobhian as Behrad Tarazi
- Adam Tsekhman as Gary Green
- Joanna Vanderham as Atropos
- Mina Sundwall as Lita
- Alice Hunter as Natalie Logue
- Sarah Strange as Lachesis
- Jack Gillett as Declan
- Sisqó as a Sisqó wax figure
- Melody Niemann as Young Astra Logue
- Aria Demaris as Gilly
- Artin John as Ian
- Tom Kirk as Earnest Worshipper
- Kate Boutilier as Young Female Worshipper
- Rob Jacobsen as Fanboy Worshipper
- Jason Bell as Loom Guard #1
- Derek Kwan as Businessman
- Kerën Burkett as Businesswoman
- Mohina Alimova as Citizen #1
- Seth Ranaweera as Citizen #2
The Legends split into two groups, one with Zari Tarazi to find and destroy the Loom of Fate, the other with Zari Tomaz to find and bring the Waverider. Gary Green and Mona Wu are with Tomaz and they find the ship at the garbage dump. Gideon though is not onboard so Tomaz uses her engineering skills to get the ship to fly.
Tarazi's group finds the Fates involved in a ceremony where they grant the prayers of those they deem worthy. One worshiper asks for the television shows to return; this, and seeing a worshiper wearing John Constantine's coat, alerts Atropos that the Legends are free and seeking the Loom. Constantine tries to focus the powerful magic of Astra Logue to destroy the Loom, but she is too distracted with memories of Lachesis to channel the energies of Natalie Logue. Atropos begins a fight with Sara Lance, but, with Sara's precognition and fighting skills coupled with the Tarazi siblings using the Air Totem in tandem, Atropos is defeated and the Loom destroyed.
The two groups merge but leave Mick Rory behind as they are pursued. They reappear four months in the future.
Over the past months since the destruction of the Loom, people still do not make their own decisions; they are addicted to technology for what to do. The Legends return to the museum where the Fates used to have their ceremony and see that the exhibits have changed to dissuade people against using free will. The wax statues are ranked towards the greatest offenders; the Legends were number two. Number one was Clotho, but she is alive, not of wax.
Taking her to the ship, they see that over the months, she has been brainwashed to believe that free will is detrimental. The others try to give examples as to how free will is beneficial, but they fail to convince her. Meanwhile, Astra is depressed and Constantine talks to her; she does not know where her loyalties lie, with her biological mother Natalie Logue or the woman who raised her, Lachesis.
The Legends discover that Lachesis has co-opted Gideon and uses it to spread her propaganda.
Lachesis leads a tour in the museum to convince young people against free will when she is confronted by Astra, who was hiding in Charlie's seat pretending to be her. Astra tests the powers of Lachesis and everyone realizes that she is only human. The Legends are revealed to have been impersonating their wax figures and stand with Astra against Lachesis. The now-mortal Fate has another trick though; she causes the exhibits to come to life as Encores to fight the Legends as she runs. The Legends slowly begin to lose until Clotho arrives with hell weapons; Lita showed that she is a living example of Mick's free will, convincing Clotho that freedom is good and to help her teammates.
Clotho personally carries the Hell pugio in pursuit of Lachesis; Lachesis calls to Gideon but the two Zari's have deactivated the A.I., so people can think for themselves. When Clotho confronts her sister, instead of stabbing her, Clotho hugs her, telling her that she is forgiven for everything. Lachesis is upset because she is now mortal; Clotho leaves her to make the most of her life.
After spending the night with Nate Heywood, Tomaz notes that every time she is near Behrad Tarazi, he is in pain; his body cannot handle the contradictory timelines his sisters represent. She decides that to save her brother, she must return to the totem.
Astra leaves the Legends also. She has decided that she will live in John Constantine's house; she gives him his soul token for her rent.
The drunk Legends depart the concert, and fail to notice as Sara floats upwards to a spacecraft that disappears.
Preparation ran from January 8 until January 16, 2020. Shooting ran from January 17 until January 29, 2020.
- This episode marks Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Courtney Ford's last appearances as series regulars, though Ford had not appeared, nor had she been credited, since "".
- As of this episode, the only remaining Legends from any episode before "" are Mick, Gideon, Nate, and Constantine.
- Carter, Leonard, Martin, and Rip are deceased.
- Scythian, Kendra, Jax, Leo, Amaya, Wally, Mona, Ray, Nora, and Charlie have retired from the team.
- Zari Tomaz is back in the Air Totem in order to keep Behrad alive.
- Ava was aiding the Legends previously, but she wasn't a full-time member until "".
- Sara has been abducted by aliens, leaving her status unknown. After her abduction, the only members of the original team still active are Mick and Gideon.
- Giving a nod and a word on play, to the 1968 Oliver movie, "Please sir, can I have some more?" only the person says "more blue mush."
- The episode's title is a play on the term "swan song" and the Sisqó song "Thong Song", which plays in The History Museum, as sung by a figure of the artist, during the Legends' fight with the Encores.
- This is the second time where a episode title is named after a popular song since the Season 3 episode "" in which in both episodes those songs are played while the Legends are doing battle with Damien Darhk and his minions and the Encores respectively.
- In both of episodes, Nate seems to be the only Legend on the team to know both songs in which he sang the songs for a brief moment in both instances moments before the soundtrack of the songs are heard playing while doing battle.
- The mission the Legends were on in "" in ABBA costumes is referenced when Charlie mentions Napoleon at some point attempting to kill the Legends for some reason involving ABBA.
- Sara references Mick being a bounty hunter which took place in the Season 1 episode "" in which he became a bounty hunter known as Chronos by the Time Masters after being abandoned by Leonard Snart.
- The Hall of Villains in The History Museum is quite similar to The Flash Museum's Hall of Villains where most of the Flash's villains are put on display and also presents information about their history with The Flash just like in this episode there's minor information about the Encores and the Legends in the museum.
- The format of this Hall of Villains resembles that of the Museum of Human Misery in NBC's The Good Place in that they both consist of lifelike statues of condemned individuals that activate and mock said individuals at the press of a button.
- Zari Tomaz and Nate wear the same outfits while saying goodbye as they wore in the season 3 episode "".
- The scene where Zari Tomaz disappears and returns to the Air Totem by appearing to look like she is being erased from existence is quite similar to what happened to Nora West-Allen in the Season 5 finale episode "" in that both of them had to disappeared due to timeline changes. Zari goes back inside the Totem to save her brother Behrad from being killed by a timeline anomaly in which he was killed by A.R.G.U.S. agents in an erased future, while Nora was erased from existence due to Barry destroying Cicada's dagger.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|