- We have lives you know? You want more content to be on Jay Garrick's page? Why not do it yourself?TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 05:55, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- He also refers to what he created as Velocity 6, though. Probably best just to keep it as that since we don't have any other name for it. Hambergite (talk) 00:30, February 29, 2016 (UTC)
Are we sure we should be listing him as deceased and not "Unknown"? He's presumed dead by Team Flash, sure, but has this been confirmed by Zoom? He could have been severely wounded.Hambergite (talk) 01:17, February 27, 2016 (UTC)
As this is a locked article, can someone else add this to Category:Team Flash? Given his history with the team I can't help but feel that he belongs in that category, Hambergite (talk) 07:02, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
There's a typo in the Being the Flash section, "uforeseen". I'd usually correct it, but the article's locked. Can an Admin correct the mistake? --Sir Phil Mirrory, Founder of the Galidor Wikia (talk) 14:13, March 13, 2016 (UTC)
Is it really necessary to have a big spoiler at the top of the page? I just came here to read up on some previous plot points from an episode that expired on Hulu and had it spoiled for me that he was Zoom! I was really trying to avoid spoilers but didn't expect there to be one at the very top of the page. Does it really need to be there? Sincerely, King aragorn II (talk) 08:03, April 13, 2016 (UTC)
Someone should make a section where is suit and helmet are explained and listed.
When will we be allowed to edit this page again? It has been locked for awhile and there is stuff we can add.
The Time Remnant
Currently the page says this:
"For two years Jay fought Zoom, but at some point Zoom revealed himself as a future version of Hunter Zolomon. He was able to convince him to aid him in his attempts to get more speed. Due to unknown reasons, they eventually ended up on a rooftop, Zoom about to kill The Flash. However, a singularity between worlds opened up above them, both of them making their way through."
But this is pure speculation! Hunter only said that he traveled to an undistinct point at time to meet a Time Remnant of his, then convinced him to allow himself to die. This was done specifically during the situation when he understood that he couldn't keep his alibi being on two Earths at once (which means, around the time Barry travelled to Earth 2). Everything the person that Team Flash knew as "Jay" has done on Earth 1, except for that little period of time during the crysis on two Earths, such as training Barry, romancing Dr. Snow, asking her to help him with making a cure, showing her the Earth1!Hunter - it was all done by the same person as Zoom. He only needed a Time Remnant for a little moment of time between his own "going to sleep" on Earth 1 and hunting down Killer Frost on Earth 2.
The "battle between Jay and Zoom" was a visualization of the lies that Hunter was telling to Team Flash as "Jay": he is an unreliable narrator affecting the visualization. However, since he does remember Caitlin's love, Barry Allen and the process of developing a cure on Earth 1, he experienced those events, and not a "Time Remnant". Zoom wasn't really fighting "Jay Garrick", but, as Hunter explains, acted as both the hero and the villain at different times: "To give people hope... so I could take it away from them!"
- I agree: no one specified that it was ever a secret for Jay version that Zoom is him. On the contrary Zoom said that he planned whole affair after seeing Barry in the moment singularity opened. It is way to early to specify the situation as we yet to see the whole picture: we don't know who is the masked prisoner, we don't know whether Jay Garrick is a case of stolen identity and moreover we don't know much about Earth-1's Zolomon. --Тостер (talk) 08:54, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for that. I'd like to point out once more:
Zoom said this: "I knew that I couldn't be on two Earths at the same time, so I went back in time and, uh, met another version of myself." Iris asks: "When did you decide to do that?" Zoom clarifies: "Oh, once you closed all the breaches, went to Earth-2. Believe me, getting my time remnant to agree to me murdering him took a bit of convincing."
As such, it proves that Zoom introduced his Time Remnant into the scheme only after Barry went to Earth-2. The "Jay" that interacted with Team Flash before the Earth-2 episode? That was the very same person as Zoom, in a different costume. He wasn't at the same time and place with Team Flash 24/7, so there was no need to introduce another version of him into the mix at that time. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 15:48, April 24, 2016 (UTC) @Kir The Wizard What about when Zoom brought Sand Demon to Earth-1. Jay was with Team flash at that time or in episode 9 when Zoom was chasing wells and later asked him what he decided and later when Wells agreed to help him. Jay was with Team Flash when these events happened. So, the Jay from episodes 1,2,3 and 9 must be the time remanent.
There weren't seen in the same room on screen, and we don't know how much time passed inbetween scenes with "Jay in Star Labs" and "Zoom with Wells", so there is no reason to think that Zoom couldn't do both events. Again: Zoom says exactly that he brought up a time remnant "once [Barry] closed all the breaches, went to Earth-2". Kir the Wizard (talk) 12:10, April 29, 2016 (UTC)
Someone needs to fix his personality. I'm pretty sure Hunter Zolomon isn't much like Barry.
Was Zoom's speed increased when he took Barry's speed?
Yes he did also he was run mach 13 after transformed may will run mach 20 who knows
Under "Identity Revealed" and personality doppelgänger is spelled incorrectly as "doppelganger." I am unable to correct this, so I ask that an administrator might take a look at it. HunterofArtemis12~Hunter of the Night. 04:49, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
Zoom sensing Cisco
Should this be included on his list of powers? Zoom somehow managed to detect that Cisco was vibing Earth-2 and even nodded in acknowledgement when Cisco told him that Barry agreed to give up his speed. Kaestal (talk) 15:40, May 3, 2016 (UTC)
For good measure
This is dialogue from "Versus Zoom"
Zoom said this: "I knew that I couldn't be on two Earths at the same time, so I went back in time and, uh, met another version of myself."
Iris asks: "When did you decide to do that?"
Zoom clarifies: "Oh, once you closed all the breaches, went to Earth-2. Believe me, getting my time remnant to agree to me murdering him took a bit of convincing."
The "Jay Garrick" that claimed he didn't have his speed, showed Caitlin his doppelganger and fell in love with her? That was all Zoom. It's not that the "time remnant" arrived separately from Zoom on Earth 1, contacted Team Flash and fell in love with Caitlin. Zoom only "created" the time remnant after Barry decided to go to Earth 2, because he couldn't both stay with Caitlin on E1 and fight Barry on E2 at the same time. In fact, I'd say he tried, until the team went to break Barry out and he was ready to escape. This time window coincides with "Jay" going "to sleep" and napping through the whole earthquake by the Geomancer in STAR Labs. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 11:33, May 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Again, some User:Gamingbeaster removed my edits without looking at the talk page, or even the summary I added in the history. Again, Zoom only pulled a time remnant when Barry closed all the breaches, the "Jay" we saw before that was the same person as Zoom, not a time remnant, not a past version, the same person masquerading as two people. Rewatch "Versus Zoom", again: "When did you decide to do that?" "Oh, once you closed all the breaches, went to Earth-2.. BEFORE THAT, there was no time remnant, how hard is it to udnerstand that?! Now I have to edit the Time Remnant bullshit all over again, because I can't undo User:Gamingbeaster for some reason and nobody else cares. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 08:09, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
Civilian Pictures Removed
Hunter in his black sweater
Could someone please find a quality picture of Hunter in his (regular) black clothes he changed into during 2x19 (when Caitlin told him to speak to her without the mask)? It's a more recent picture, depicting his current civilian attire, so we could update the Hunter_Zolomon.png pic with it. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 19:14, May 14, 2016 (UTC)
Ruler of Earth-2
I added this because Zoom said that Earth-1 would be on its knees "just like this Earth", so it's implied that he conquered any and all resistance on Earth-2 off screen. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 21:26, May 20, 2016 (UTC) @ Kir the Wizard Just because Zoom said that he conquered his earth, it does not mean that it is true. He was just exaggerating —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ninja72 (talk • contribs)
- We have to believe characters' exposition, until they are proven otherwise. If Zoom says he conquered Earth-2 offscreen, then we have to assume so, without creating additional parameters ("What if Zoom lied?"). Occam's Razor. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 09:45, May 23, 2016 (UTC) @Kir the Wizard Zoom def can not conquer a whole world with only around 20 or 50 meta-humans. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ninja72 (talk • contribs)
- Why not? Maybe the rest of the world has no meta-humans, at all. Maybe the rest of the meta-humans are staying on Earth-2, off screen. We don't know such facts. Zoom said that he brought Earth-2 to its knees, and intended to do the same to Earth-1 and other Earths. We weren't shown any events on Earth-2 that would prove him wrong (say, Central City disregarding Zoom's orders or something). Thus we can't just disregard Zoom's exposition, even if it may sound farfetched.--Kir the Wizard (talk) 15:57, May 23, 2016 (UTC) He was just exaggerating. By this earth he meant The Central City of this Earth. And when they went to Earth-2, even Central City was not conquered. And the moment, when he said he conquered his Earth was just a few months after this. And you can not conquer the world for such a short period of time. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ninja72 (talk • contribs)
- But that's what you think, not what the characters from the show told us. So far we haven't seen anything from Earth-2 that would make us believe that Zoom was exaggerating. In fact, his continuing reign of terror on Earth-2 was Barry's reason to reopen the breach in the first place. Zoom conquering Earth-2 was something our characters expected. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 22:25, May 24, 2016 (UTC) Yes, they opened the breach to save Earth-2, but in reality they were saving just Central City of Earth-2. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ninja72 (talk • contribs)
As we've now learned from Legends of Tomorrow, he is infact blackflash. I noticed some pretty small changes in his apperance from the Flash season 2 finalie to the episode in Legends.
- For instance even though we briefly see it in Flash, you can see Zoom's chest logo turn red and white. In Legends we see the white is gone and the logo is just red and black.
- He now has a gap in his left cheek (simular to the Batman villian Two face)
- His skin is more torn, having more tears.
Some pictures I have taken from the episode of Legends shows a bit of the things i'm talking about. I have messed with the brightness and contrast so the images are more clear.
- We aren't calling him Black Flash yet as he isn't called that on-screen. Yes, we all know what was said BTS, but only care about on-screen info. For all we know, he might be given the name Black Flash later and hasn't been named that yet in-univserse.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 00:53, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
Dear admins, please add the links to the newly-created Time remnant page in the text of the article. Would have done it myself, but it is, uh, closed at the moment. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 18:30, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
Fix the text at the top of the page
It says: "For the speedster's who identity he stole see Jay Garrick."
Black Flash 2
STOP adding info on the Black Flash. Yes, he has the BF's looks, this is mentioned in Behind the Scenes. No, "confirmed by JWS" is not a valid source, fellows. --Kir the Wizard (talk) 08:22, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
Zoom never created a speed-mirageZoom never actually created a speed-mirage on the show. So it is inaccurate to say that he did, if he even can at all. And to address the episode in question, Zoom wasn't both standing there AND killing the people in Jitters in "Rupture," as you can clearly that he's not over next to the doors while he was killing them. -- ImperiexSeed, 8:12 PM, July 14th 2016
Changes to the page
For one thing, can this be the profile picture of the page, it's better than the current one? -- ImperiexSeed, 6:28 PM, August 4th 2016
- If you want to change the infobox image, you need to open the current image's page and use the "upload a new version of the file" option, instead of uploading a whole-new different file altogether.--Kir the Wizard (talk) 22:33,
- Don't won't to change the current one yet, want people to vote on it, then this image can simply be renamed "Zoom.png". -- ImperiexSeed, 6:38 PM,August 4th 2016
- We aren't doing that way, it gets reuploaded over the current file, since that previous file has actual history of Zoom's images, even the past revisions could appear on Google searches. Also, that image is low quality and looks squished.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 23:23, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Will you add the image to Race for the title heading? I'm not high 1920x1080 resolution that I found one.
- Can we write under weaknesses section to former weaknesses ? he is not suffer side effect velocity drug he cured himself.
- Don't won't to change the current one yet, want people to vote on it, then this image can simply be renamed "Zoom.png". -- ImperiexSeed, 6:38 PM,August 4th 2016
These changes should be made to the page: 1. Zoom cannot run that much faster than humans, as Wells was still able to move when Zoom was running at super speed. 2. Zoom is less powerful then humans and basic metas, as he's been beaten on several occasions by both. 3. He wasn't intimidating and no one feared or dreaded Zoom. Even when Wally was confronted by Zoom for the first time, he was pretty chill. Sand Demon also showed no fear when talking to Zoom, and Barry even egged Zoom on. 4. Also, Zoom was never faster than Barry, he could only move his body as fast as Barry could, Caitlin confirms this. 5. Also, it should be taken into account that Barry could've put up more of a fight in episode six, but didn't really resist because he didn't want to hurt Zoom too badly. -- ImperiexSeed, 5:21 AM, September 25th 2016
- They ever respond in DC?--MysteryScooby 9:00 September 26th 2016
I haven't done anything wrong, dude, as I'm not posting any of this on pages, I'm simply just opening up a discussion here about gripes I have with some of the information on the page. It's not at all like I'm standing here saying "Zoom sucks," I have evidence backing up that he's being given far too much credit. -- ImperiexSeed, 6:47 PM, September 25th 2016
- Yes, on this wiki you're doing the right thing. On DC, that is exactly what you did. Maybe try The Flash-based wikies or DC Fandon?--MysteryScooby 16:00 September 26th 2016
There is no helping you Imperiex, I'm truly sorry that you are unable to see the truth and learn from your mistakes, how is that ban on Supernatural Wikia working for ya for this same exact thing? Kaestal (talk) 04:02, September 26, 2016 (UTC)
It should be added that Zoom was so damaged he liked killing remnants of himself. -- ImperiexSeed, 7:05 PM, November 13th 2016
Powers section edits
Can someone replace the power section with this? I have fixed some things and trimmed some unnecessary information. --Sromero78. 22:23, October 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Speed Force connection/Velocity serums enhancement/Meta-human physiology: After being affected by the particle accelerator, while receiving electroshock treatment, Hunter gained a connection to the Speed Force; a mysterious energy field. His DNA was altered and cells supercharge with enormous amounts of electricity, augmenting his physiology to superhuman condition. After injecting himself with Velocity 6, Hunter became far faster than ever before. However, in addition to these enhancements only being temporary, they left his natural connection to the Speed Force weakened so much that he could no longer use his powers naturally without the serum nor could the Speed Force be detected in him. Even more, a lasting side effect caused him cellular degeneration. However, his remaining traces of natural Speed Force energy significantly slowed down the damage to his body.
- Superhuman speed: Hunter was able to move at extreme speeds. Through extreme usage of the Velocity drug, Hunter artificially enhanced his connection to the Speed Force, allowing him to move so unimaginably fast. Initially, Hunter could move at least at Mach 6-8, leaving Barry Allen's initial speed not nearly able to keep up. As explained by Caitlin Snow, this is because with each stride of his legs, his feet spend less time on the floor than Barry, thus propelling him even faster. He was however unable to outrun Barry after the younger speedster increased his speed to over Mach 13. Hunter was also fast enough to snap the necks of nearly every person in Jitters in less than a second.
- Superhuman reflexes: Hunter's reaction time was also augmented, allowing him to react to far faster than a normal human. He easily saw and countered a bolt of lightning hurled at him by Barry and likewise caught every single bullet launched at him by the entire police force with ease, using only a single hand.
- Superhuman agility: Hunter was incredibly agile and able to change direction immediately while moving at super speed. This let him make sharp turns at super-speed, without sliding or losing his balance. It also let him leap farther and higher, able to easily perform acrobatic movements in combat, as well as fight confidently while free falling.
- Superhuman durability: Hunter had the ability to have large amounts of damage inflicted on him, and be hurt at a rate lower than regular humans, sometimes suffering no injuries. During his fight with Barry, he fell to the ground from hundreds of meters in the air with no noticeable injuries, and quickly resumed viciously pummeling Barry.
- Superhuman stamina: Hunter's body could handle the stresses of superhuman racing without noticeable distress, and function much longer than a normal human without getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman momentum: Hunter was capable of inflicting massive amounts of physical damage on his opponents by packing speed into his blows. He was able to reduce Barry to a bloody mess in seconds with his deadly strikes, and even break his spine, causing paralysis. Even with Barry's rapid healing, the damage inflicted on him was noticeably prolonged.
- Enhanced strength: Presumably due to his greatly enhanced connection to the Speed Force, Hunter showed the ability to effortlessly exert great strength and force even without utilizing his speed, enough to lift fully grown humans over his head with only one arm, without any strain or effort. He was also able to easily break Barry's spine with one strike. Combined with his efficient fighting skills, Hunter was able to deal severe bodily harm with only a few blows.
- Bodily vibration/Intangibility: Hunter had the ability to vibrate his cells on command for various effects. He can vibrate his entire body to mask his form from others from clearly perceiving it and distort his vocal cords to disguise his voice. Vibrating also allowed him to generate the force of a buzz-saw, allowing him to use the force to break objects. He was also capable of effortlessly vibrating through carbide, which Barry had tremendous difficulty doing at first.
- Phasing: Hunter could move and vibrate any part of his body so fast that he could effortlessly change his frequency and phase himself through people or objects. This allowed him to cause people to drop dead when he phased his arm through them, however, he could also harmlessly pass through people, as he did with Caitlin.
- Electrokinesis: While originally emitting yellow lighting from his body like Barry, usage of the Velocity drug made his body now produce sapphire blue lighting, a sign of his extreme over-usage of it. Even while only slightly accessing his powers, Zoom would produce a powerful aura of blue lightning from his body that always emanated off of him, whether he was moving at super speed or not. He could also manipulate electricity by touching it, as when Barry tried hurling lightning at Hunter, he managed to grab and hold the lightning as if it were a tangible object and hurl it back at him. When he grabbed Harrison and stabbed him with his claws, he was able to transfer electricity into him, causing him extreme pain. Oddly enough, his lightning turned red after the Time Wraiths took him.
- Interdimensional travel: Hunter was able to travel between Earth-1 and Earth-2 at will. He did so by using the "breaches" between worlds. His speed allowing him to temporarily stabilize the interdimensional "corridors" that linked any one breach on Earth-2 with a corresponding breach on Earth-1, letting him and those he brings along pass through them. After stealing Barry's Speed Force energy, Hunter became powerful enough to create breaches with his own speed. He was able to create a portal out of thin air with a simple punching motion.
- Accelerated healing factor: While unable to repair the cellular deterioration caused by the Velocity 6, Hunter's powers also afford him a heightened healing capacities, allowing him to quickly heal any superficial harm to his being. Despite being shot by Cisco Ramon with a serum to dampen his speed, Hunter almost instantly recovered and ran off before the serum could take full effect, showing no signs of having been slowed down by the serum. Once obtaining Barry's Speed Force, Hunter's full regenerative properties were restored, allowed him to recover from his former cellular damage.
- Enhanced perceptions: The Speed Force also enhances Hunter's senses and mental capacities, allowing him to easily keep up with and perceive the movements of other speedsters while they are at super speed themselves even when he himself is not.
- Time travel: Hunter can move fast enough to break open holes in the fabric of time and space, allowing him to travel through time, an ability which Hunter abused to get time remnants of himself to assist him in the current timeline.
- Eye transformation: Hunter can change the color of his eyes to pure black due to the physical corruption caused by the Velocity serum. This serves as both identity concealment and as a mean of intimidation (in the case of pure black). However, this is not a result of his electrokinesis, unlike fellow speedsters.
Season 3 Mentions
So far he was listed in episode Flashpoint as a memory, what about him being mentioned in Paradox, Magenta and Monster? Note: Julian Albert mentioned Barry's father getting killed by a meta. eMac2 (talk) 20:48, November 26, 2016 (UTC)
Black Flash 3
It's confirmed now, and we've all seen it, and the section was updated for the latest Legends episode, but you're still not calling him Black Flash despite it being Fact.
- He has to be named ON-SCREEN. We only care about that, not what's from the comics or what producers say when it comes to in-universe pages.. This is due to our spoiler policy. Such information is allowed on real world pages as long as it's SOURCED.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 20:41, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
Ordinarily I have no problem whatsoever with following the protocols and the policies of this venture but this is the last straw; this damn page has been blocked to everyone but the 'elite few' more times than I can count and now it's locked again. Whatever happened to fairness on this thing? Does it all go out the window at the drop of a hat? Do the top-brass of this venture really think so little of us?
- Well people keep breaking policies, yourself included. There should be no problem once he's named as Black Flash on screen.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 01:30, February 2, 2017 (UTC)
I have a Question. What happens if they never name him on screen, what then? We know fron interviews that he is the Black Flash, so why be so anal about it? It's very nitpicky. PS i'm still new to this so I apologise if I sign this wrong--Rhodrage (talk) 19:41, February 7, 2017 (UTC)
- We'll name him as Black Flash then. If you read the top of the page, I gave an example how the Legion of Doom were confirmed as the team name but they weren't called that until later.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 19:46, February 7, 2017 (UTC)
Hi i just tried to edit this page but then saw it was being protected.
Just to let you know, the page says "Eventually, this wild best" rather than beast.
Also in the paragraph before it says "Time Wraiths then reopened their portal and dragged the decaying form of Zoom back into the Speed Force forever", but clearly it is not forever as he is currently attacking Eobard.
Lastly, in the first paragraph of Hunter's page it says "having got tired of being the villain" when shouldn't it say "having gotten tired of being the villain"
This has been going on for quite a while.
I think the quote "You can't lock up the darkness" should be Hunter Zolomon's quote but this is changed to his final words to Barry Allen in "The Race of His Life". Other option is Eobard Thawne describing Zolomon in his "Black Flash" state to the Legion of Doom.
I feel we should make a definitive quote for his page or, alternatively, keep editing and re-editing until one of us is blocked.
Love to hear your thoughts.
Also, P.S., we all know he's Black Flash just because he isn't called that by the characters doesn't mean anything.
- Additionally, it actually does matter. The Legion of Doom weren't named that when first introduced, Nate just named them after the original LoD. It took Oliver 4 seasons to become Green Arrow, which also is a completely seperate identity from the Arrow. Barry wasn't named the Flash in the present in the first few episodes. So just because producers says something doesn't always apply right away.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 21:04, April 15, 2017 (UTC)
The name doesn't matter.
Look, I feel that The Race of His Life quote doesn't say much about his character and it's only put there because it's his most recent one as Hunter.
"You can't lock up the darkness" is much more menacing and evil, befitting Zoom's character. Furthermore, it really offers insight into Hunter's psyche and his rivalry with Barry. At least in my opinion, that is.
But if you feel that "You're a hero, Barry. You couldn't kill me then, you can't kill me now" is the definitive quote say no more.
Don't mean to be too forthcoming with my opinions.
- Since it's a nickname, it only applies once it's actually applied in-universe. Just because he has the appearance already doesn't mean anything. I already gave examples why and you still say it should without giving valid reasons. Read our policies before saying an admin is wrong. We can give full names if we already have at least one but we have limitations due to our spoiler policy.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 18:22, April 16, 2017 (UTC)
Yeah, he's obviously not the Black Flash. Well, he is but not until someone in the show names him or something.
I have to agree with TheBigMassiveArkhamFan. I do prefer "you can't lock up the darkness" to "you're a hero, Barry. You won't kill me then, you won't kill me now".
But that's just my opinion.