- "When Rip first recruited the Legends, he picked the people that were insignificant to history. The original losers. You don't have to be cool to be a Legend."
- —Sara Lance to Gary Green
"Terms of Service" is the fifteenth episode of the fourth season of , and the sixty-sixth episode overall. It aired on May 13, 2019.
|With things getting out of control, Sara and Ava concoct a bold plan to take back the Time Bureau. But when things go awry, Zari and Charlie must work together to discover what Neron is planning. Elsewhere, Constantine, is given a tough choice on who to save from Hell.|
- Brandon Routh as Neron (possessing Dr. Ray Palmer)
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Charlie
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Jes Macallan as Director Ava Sharpe
- Courtney Ford as Nora Darhk/Fairy Godmother
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Ramona Young as Mona Wu
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
Special appearance by
- Adam Tsekhman as Agent Gary Green
- Jane Carr as Tabitha/Fairy Godmother and Charlie
- Sisa Grey as Wolfie
- Olivia Swann as Astra Logue
- Gracelyn Awad Rinke as Zari Tarazi
Special appearance by
- Sandy Sidhu as Nasreen
- Jason Simpson as Calibraxis
- Beau Daniels as Satan
- Mel Tuck as Belial
- Bill Croft as Beelzebub
- Daniel Cudmore as Minotaur
- Aryiel Lukashuk as Prostitute Demon
- Jocelyn Panton as Marilyn Monroe
- Tiffany Mo as Reporter #1
- Zachary Graves as Reporter #2
- James Kot as Agent Neil McNeil
- Kevan Kase as Audience Member
- Jessica Smith as Nerdy Agent
- Reese Alexander as Time Bureau Agent
- John DeSantis as Ogre
- Harrison MacDonald as Masher
- Melody Niemann as Young Astra
- Conor Stinson O’Gorman as Junkie Looking Demon
Gary has begun exploiting having Tabitha once more from Hell, requesting favors left and right. She gives the entirety of his desires, before attempting to persuade him to bring down the Legends for the last time. We discover the disrespected Bureau specialist is simply burnt out on being avoided from everything the Legends do and utilizes a desire to drive Sara, Nora, and Ava to have a book club with him. After a short time, Gary accept control of the Waverider and utilizations Tabitha to cause the different Legends to experience undertakings to satisfy him — in the long run causing himself to feel terrible over their abuse. For breaking Tabitha's spell, Sara makes Gary an individual from the Legends.
Somewhere else, Neron has been utilizing Ray's body to convey Public Service Announcements about the ascent of legendary beasts showing up on Earth with an end goal to unnerve the majority. During an item dispatch, Neron uncovers data about another application called Eyes, which permits clients to follow continuous beast sightings. It's here that Neron powers Mona to change into her beast half, basically propelling an uproar.
During Ray's introduction, Charlie can penetrate the Time Bureau and free the animals the gathering had recently detained. She crowds them to protection on the Waverider before being caught by Neron and Tabitha.
We discover Tabitha, the pixie back up parent, experienced passionate feelings for Neron during the time she spent in Hell and that is the reason she's helping him in this bend.
Tabitha stunts Nora into taking her pixie guardian controls so she's not, at this point troubled by wish granters.
Constantine makes some unpleasant memories in hellfire as he's in a flash assaulted by evil presences he's recently bolted there and is tormented all through most of the scene.
Preparation ran from December 10 until December 18, 2018. Shooting ran from December 12 until December 22, 2018, and then again from January 4 until January 14, 2019.
- The episode's title is a reference to the Terms and Conditions, Terms of Agreement, and/or Terms of Services used by many application companies to present any disclaimers with the app.
- Neron's use of this in the episode may be a reference to a real-life incident where GameStation.com added a clause that stated their customers will be surrendering their immortal soul.
- The Ruling Triumvirate of Hell is finally introduced to the Arrowverse.
- Constantine's request for parley being turned down because "I'm not a pirate" is a reference to Matt Ryan's role of Edward Kenway in the video game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- Nate says that he wants to punch Neron even though the latter is wearing his best friend's face. Ironically, Nate actually punched Ray by accident thanks to Neron in "".
- The ending of the episode is similar to that of the season 3 episode "", in which a younger version of a Legend encounters and befriends a baby creature (Ray: Gumball; Zari: Wickstable) which is unseen until the next episode.
- The scene of Astra being dragged to Hell is taken directly from the pilot episode of , "".
- Constantine is able to weasel his way out of being killed because if he's killed, his soul will go to Neron, which would severely anger Hell's Triumvirate, who all want their hands on him. This is a nod to one of John's most famous stories in the comics, where, dying of cancer, he offered his soul to each member of the Triumvirate and they were forced to let him go, lest war breakout among them.
- Constantine saving Astra is taken directly from the comics, especially Hellblazer Issue 96.
- Constantine says he would sacrifice the Legends if he could save Astra, possibly referencing "".
- This may also be a reference to ""; when Mallus tricked Sara into using the Death Totem and ended up possessing her; Mallus said he'd free Astra from Hell, but Constantine would have to let him have Sara in exchange. John knew Mallus would never really get Astra back, and thus, rejected the offer. However, when Sara asked John if he'd have traded her for Astra if Mallus really would free the latter, John said he'd have done it in a heartbeat.
- Mick recalls the Legends transforming into a giant Beebo, referring to the Season 3 finale episode, "", when they used the Totems of Zambesi to create a giant Beebo doll in order to kill Mallus.
- This episode marks the second time that Charlie has impersonated Marilyn Monroe, the first time being in "". Jocelyn Panton, who played Marilyn in her first appearance, returns to reprise the role.
- In this episode, young Astra is portrayed by Melody Nosipho Niemann, while in the NBC show she was portrayed by Bailey Tippen.
- When Gary uses Tabitha's powers to become captain of the Waverider, and Gideon asks him where they are going, he says : "To Infinity and Beyond". It is a reference to Buzz Lightyear's catchphrase from the Toy Story series.
- There's a brief montage of clips from Constantine, before Astra begins torturing him.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|