- "They're moving Thaddeus Killgrave. Psycho genius who got radicalized off hating you."
- —General Sam Lane to Clark Kent[src]
At some point, Thaddeus Killgrave was defeated by Superman and imprisoned at Metropolis Penitentiary. During his stay, he spent a lot of time thinking about Superman and obsessively tracked his patterns. Noticing he hadn't been around Metropolis as much, he knew high-risk inmates such as himself would be moved to a more secure facility which Sam Lane later brought up with Superman.
Revenge against Superman
Killgrave is transferred out of Metropolis Penitentiary. During transit, he uses a synthetic polymer resin made from the sink of his prison cell to blow the transfer door open and escape while Intergang simultaneously attacks the transfer. He then used his tracker to lure Superman away, successfully escaping.
Killgrave later lures Superman to his location again in Metropolis, attacking him with a powerful sonic blaster. However, Jonathan Kent uses the ELT to alert Superman to Tag Harris's burgeoning meta-human abilities, causing Superman to slap his hands together and knock Killgrave and the Intergang operatives down, destroying the sonic blaster, and having Lane send some people to pick up the bad guys as well as sending some medics to tend to the bystanders.
- "They need to be spoon-fed. Sad. Society is spoiled rotten. I think they need a wake-up call."
- —Killgrave to his prison guards[src]
- Genius-level intellect/Master tactician: Thaddeus has been shown being able to plan and enact a prison break over a long period of time, and able to arrange help from the criminal organization known as Intergang. He was also able to plan out bait for Superman. Being knowledgeable in how the Man of Steel would respond. Along with knowing previously of his weakness to high frequency vibrations at a harmful level.
- Master engineer: Killgrave had managed to construct various devices in his plan to escape from the Metropolis Penitentiary.
- Temperature sensitive synthetic polymer resin: Killgrave created a resin in the sink of his prison cell which is highly mercurial at an atomic level. It will explode when combined with the precise vibration of a ticking watch.
- Voice-activated tracker: Killgrave used a tracker that was able to lure Superman away from his location and record a message for the Man of Steel.
- Sonic blaster: Killgrave also created a powerful sonic blaster that was capable of emitting powerful sonic beams strong enough to subdue Superman. However, Superman was able to melt it with his heat vision after doing a powerful clap on Killgrave and the Intergang members present.
Superman & Lois
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Thaddeus Killgrave was a rogue scientific genius who worked with Intergang and produced technological devices to fight Superman. He debuted in Superman #19 (July, 1988).