"The Book of Reconstruction: Chapter Three" is the third episode of the fourth season of , and the forty-eighth episode overall. It aired on February 22, 2021.
|Jefferson is feeling even more lost after a frustrating therapy session. Meanwhile, Anissa continues to care for a still comatose Grace. Lastly, Lynn has a breakthrough.|
- Cress Williams as Principal Jefferson Pierce
- China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce/Lightning
- Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce
- Christine Adams as Dr. Lynn Stewart
- Marvin "Krondon" Jones III as Tobias Whale
- Jordan Calloway (credit only)
- Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi
- James Remar as Peter Gambi
- Reggie Hayes as Mayor Billy Black
- Bethann Hardison as Dr. Bowlan
- Will Catlett as Latavious "Lala" Johnson
- Rafael Castillo as Devonte Jones
- Christopher A'mmanuel as Baron/TC
- Elena Varela as Lauren Caruso
- Todd Anthony as Dr. Darius Morgan
- Kedrick Brown as Marcel Payton
- Matt Roszak as Red
- Amanda Baker as Rebecca Larsen
- Nicholas Pulos as Behemoth
- Kelvin Hair as Lydell Jackson
- Tre' Strokes as Terry Andrews
- David Vaughn as Maitre d'
- Brad Sanders as Store Owner
Lala has been losing money for some time now because, in his fighting tournaments where he makes money via those who bet upon and watch the matches virtually, he has been betting against Marcel Payton; Marcel has been defeating opponents much larger than himself and is getting paid to release his rage. Lala kills a member of The 100 to release his own rage.
That night, Jefferson follows Marcel and finds the secret fight club; Lala tells Jefferson that it is out of respect that Jefferson is not dead for his demands that Marcel not fight. Marcel gets beaten badly, prompting Jefferson to help the teacher by fighting in the arena himself. Without using his powers, Jefferson wins against Behemoth.
Lightning befriends the young man who sent the videos and gets the unedited version; she has Baron spread the truth via social media, but he does not notice that Jennifer is slowly losing control of her powers.
Jefferson, who had an argument with Lynn about copying meta-human powers, goes home to apologize when he sees a bouquet of flowers with an invention to dinner included. When Jefferson arrives at the restaurant, he sees Lynn having dinner with Tobias; Tobias sent Lynn the bouquet and she assumed it was Jefferson.
Tobias tells Lynn that he will fund her projects without limit if she sides with him.
- The in-episode title sequence subtitles this episode as "Despite All My Rage...", but the official title to the episode does not contain the subtitle.
- Lynn Stewart mentions her brother, John Stewart, which is a nod to one of Earth's Green Lanterns in the DC comics.
|"" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • ""|