The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
"The Darkness Beneath" is the second episode of . It aired on October 31, 2014.
This section is a stub. You can help expand this section by
|Deep in the mountains of Western Pennsylvania, John is a small mining community's only defense against an ancient Welsh spirit. In the course of protecting these isolated innocents, John finds a vital new ally in a mysterious young woman named Zed.|
- Seen among Zed Martin's drawings of her dreams about John Constantine are an original comic book design of Mnemoth and a four-headed creature, known in the comics as Ironfist the Avenger.
- This episode marks the first time that a main cast member was not present for the episode. The cast members not present were Harold Perrineau (Manny) and Lucy Griffiths (Liv Aberdine). This leaves only three cast members to appear in every episode: Matt Ryan (John Constantine), Charles Halford (Chas Chandler), and Angélica Celaya (Zed Martin).
- Capnomancy (otherwise known as Libanomancy) signifies a method of divination using smoke. Constantine uses this method to predict lottery numbers and procure money.
- At the end of the episode, Zed tells Constantine, "I've been waiting for you and you found me. I don't know what I've been waiting for and you don't know what you've found." This is a straight lift of dialogue from Hellblazer issue #4 Waiting for the Man where Constantine chats up a young psychic graffiti artist named Zed.
- Constantine's driver's license on line 5 gives his number as "CONST6610-1-ABFC121-1". This is not a correct UK driving license number, which should consist of the first 5 letters of his surname and then his date of birth jumbled, followed by the first 2 initials of his first name (if only 1 initial the second will be a 9), then computer check digits (in case there is someone else with the same name and date of birth), then a space and the issue number. There are no "-" in the driving license number and the only space is between the driver number and the issue number. In reality, Constantine's license number would likely be "CONST805102J99AB 35".
- To distract the security at the mine, Constantine uses a nearby backhoe loader, dumping the rocks on its bucket. However, the lever he uses to do so is handbreak, not an attachment control lever.
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.