Based on the hit CW TV show, this second title in The Flash middle-grade series follows Barry Allen as he continues his mission to protect Central City from the sinister Hocus Pocus—but this time, a new evil lurks beneath the city streets . . .
- This book establishes that this story and its predecessor () take place on Earth-1 in a multiverse that splintered from the main when the Barry Allen of Earth-1 created Flashpoint. In this multiverse, dubbed the "Barryverse" by writer Barry Lyga, the Flashpoint event never happened. The main Earth was dubbed "Earth 1A" by Cisco Ramon of Earth-1.
- Earth 1A Cisco accidentally vibed himself meeting Cisco from the show's continuity. He learned that in the main timeline, Barry had created Flashpoint, which never happened in their timeline. As a result, everything was very different when Barry didn't run back in time to save his mother. These changes include:
- When Barry is running through the multiverse, he briefly sees a man with "a glowing green ring on his hand" and a "rabbit with a cape". These are references to Green Lantern and Captain Carrot, respectively.
- A mysterious character is referred to as "The Stranger", which is an allusion to Phantom Stranger.
- When Barry meets Ralph Dibny from Earth-27 for the first time, Ralph says, "I like to stretch myself", which is an allusion to the Elongated Man.
- Whilst attempting to travel to Earth-2A, Barry sees a "boy screaming down lightning from the sky", which is an allusion to Captain Marvel/Shazam.
- The Flash: Johnny Quick at Amazon.com
|• • • • • • • • • • • • •|