- "I wear a mask to protect the people I love, who might get hurt for what I do."
- —Barry Allen to Megan Lockhart[src]
Barry originally wore a red Soviet prototype deep-sea suit in order to test his speed limit with Tina.
Barry later brought suggestions to Tina to upgrade the suit in order to intimidate the Pike gang and to hide his identity. Adding on a red cowl with golden wings to the suit. Along with a white symbol and a lightning bolt laid across the suit.
As the hero known as The Flash, Barry wore this suit to fight crime in Central City. He still wore the suit during Mar Novu's destruction of Earth-90, and when Barry himself met a group of heroes, including his Earth-1 counterpart. The suit would be destroyed during the Anti-Monitor Crisis, when Barry sacrificed himself to save the multiverse. All that was left behind was the lightning bolt symbol from his chest.
- Identity concealment: The Flash suit conceals Barry's identity when he patrols Central City as the Flash. Barry also came up with the idea to not leave fingerprints using gloves in order to further keep his identity a secret.
- Intense temperature and abrasion resistance: Barry's suit was initially made for Barry to test his speed and not burn his clothes. He continued using it for this purpose afterwards, however it seems to have suffered from wear and tear eventually when traveling through time.
- Barry Allen/The Flash (deceased)
The Flash (CBS)
The Flash (The CW)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
|Other versions of The Flash suit (Earth-90)|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of The Flash suit.|
|Earth: Prime • Mirrorverse|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 3 • 90 • D • N52 • TUD13 • Flashpoint • XS|