- "This is a paradigm shift. Aliens are among us. And for the rest of human history, there will only ever be "before Superman" and "after". I am protecting mankind from an extinction event. And if this pearl-clutching jury of my... peers... wants to put me behind bars for it, they are welcome to try. But know this. I will always have my thumb on the scales."
- —Lex Luthor at his trial
|In the wake of Lex Luthor’s return, the show flashes back to what he’s been doing for the last two years and how his secret machinations and plans have affected Supergirl and Lena.|
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl and Red Daughter/Snowbird/Linda Lee
- Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Alex Danvers
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor
- Jesse Rath (credit only)
- Sam Witwer (credit only)
- Nicole Maines (credit only)
- April Parker Jones (credit only)
- David Harewood (credit only)
Special guest star
- Reese Alexander as Warden
- Candus Churchill as Judge
- Casey Dudley as Bailiff
- Aaran Henn as Newscaster
- Raphael Kepinski as Kaznian General
- Rady Panov as Class Clown
- Sasha Piltsin as Kaznian Soldier
- Alexander Vishniakoff as Minister of Defense
- VG Winter as Ansley Crew
The scene commences right where a week ago finished, with Lex and Supergirl meeting in the skies. Lex actuates something on his watch and bounces from the helicopter. His Lexosuit rapidly gathers around him letting him take off. Supergirl seeks after, prompting a battle on the top of the Daily Planet building where it's uncovered that Lex presently has powers.
Two years back. Lex is being investigated with Lena and James both affirming against him. He's uncovered to be taking notes in Kryptonian at the preliminary and cases that Superman caused him to do all the horrendous things he's been blamed for, situating himself as a saint without any result. Be that as it may, as the appointed authority sentences him, she begins hacking. Everybody in the court does. Lena and James escape. Lex has, evidently, executed everybody inside. Eve meets Lex. He has her apply to CatCo.
Turns out, Lex has been controlling everything this season from in a correctional facility by method of pay off. Lex gets a call from the Kasnian international safe haven that makes him aware of the "duplicate" of Supergirl we initially met in the Season 3 finale. Lex controls out of jail and in Siberia, Lex acquaints himself with Red Daughter, who is hunkered and stowing away in a remote lodge.
Nine months back. The Kara duplicate rises up out of the forested areas in Siberia. She's acquired by Kasnian military powers who know about Supergirl and understand she's not her. Strikingly, this copy Kara's first word? Alex. The military starts to instruct her, showing her Russian and about her capacities. Afterward, she hears horrendous things occurring in that lodge from prior and breaks out of her holding to help and she's demonstrated to be securing a kid when Lex strolls in. She believes he's the "Alex" she's talked about.
Back on base, Lex converses with Red Kara. He's going to assist her with learning and control her forces. Believing he's her companion, she asks where she's from, yet his time is up, so he doesn't reply, yet advises her to learn English. Eve discloses to Lex this must be a result of the Harun-El, uncovering this is Lena's doing. Lex's arrangement starts to be uncovered: Kasnia needs to assault the US, Lex needs to "stop" it and be a legend, he even gets under way Agent Liberty. It's all piece of his arrangement. Red Kara peruses a lot of books Alex sends her.
At the point when the air is seeded with Kryptonite Lex utilizes that chance to pierce Red Kara's ears to coordinate the genuine Kara and afterward "instructs" her about Krypton and paints Supergirl to be the foe. He asserts that Supergirl is her sister, yet that she has violated her. Lex carries her to America and even carries her to Kara's loft. Indeed, Lex knows who Supergirl is. They are practically busted when Alex comes in, yet she impeccably imitates Kara. When Lex (and Alex) leaves, Linda peruses Kara's diary and imitates her somewhat more, in any event, associating with Lena.
Eve discovers and uncovers to Lex that Red Kara is going delicate, so he organizes the homicide through American rocket of the one thing that Red Kara thinks about, the kid she spared in the lodge. A crushed Red Kara assaults the Navy transport "capable", rankling Lex. Turns out, however, Otis saved the young man. A couple of months after the fact, it's Red Kara who is developing debilitated, so they need Harun-El to spare her. Lex chooses to give himself disease to pressure Lena to reveal more than was prudent.
Back to the present. Lex shows up in Kasnia and utilizations his own blood to spare Red Kara. At the point when she wakes, she consents to follow Lex to wreck Supergirl. Lex calls her his Red Daughter and gives her a suit. She at that point shows up in the sky above National City.
- This is the first episode of the series to not feature Jesse Rath (Querl Dox) after being promoted to a series regular.
- This is the second episode of the series to not feature David Harewood.
- When Lex leaves prison, he leaves a hologram of himself, just like it was done in Superman II.
- Lex says he learned to play chess from Anatoly Karpov a reference to the Russian chess grandmaster and former World Champion. He was the official world champion from 1975 to 1985 when he was defeated by Garry Kasparov.
- Lex holding up the giant golden globe is similar to Atlas who in Greek mythology was condemned to hold up the celestial heavens for eternity after the Titanomachy.
- The Supergirl double has the name "Linda Lee" while working at the bar. Linda Lee was one of Supergirl's secret identities in DC comics.
- The title is a play on the House of El, Kara and Clark's biological family on Krypton.
- In the final scene, the Supergirl double is wearing a costume identical to the one Superman wore in the Elseworlds story "Red Son". The storyline is similar also. In Red Son, Kal-El's ship landed in Russia and he was raised by the Soviet government.
- Lex Luthor knows Kara Danvers is Supergirl.
- A deleted flashback scene featuring Lex would eventually be used in "".
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|