- "This town is being terrorized by the Stillwater Gang, and I aim to do something about it."
"You aim to? You going native on us, Haircut?"
- —Ray Palmer and Mick Rory
When the team needs a place to hide out, Rip sets a course for the Old West. Upon arrival, they start a fight with a gang of outlaws, putting the small town in jeopardy. Luckily, an old friend of Rip's, Jonah Hex, steps in to save them.
- "So, we're hiding out in the Old West from the bad guys?"
- —Ray, questions Rip's choice of hiding places
- "You can hold your liquor."
"You surprised Mick? I've been on plenty of dates with men hoping to get me drunk and they'd get lucky. Somehow, they always ended up the ones under the table."
"You haven't drunk with me yet."
"Is that a challenge Mick?"
"Barkeep! Line 'em up!"
- —Mick and Sara have a competition to see who passes out drunk first
- "You know we got stuff on the ship to fix that."
- —Ray decides not to mention Hex's scar
Preparation ran from January 13 until January 21, 2016. Shooting ran from January 22 until February 3, 2016.
- The intro scene of this episode is very similar to a scene in the Justice League animated series episode "The Once and Future Thing" as both feature an old west version of the show's theme song. Coincidentally, both episodes also feature Jonah Hex.
- It is revealed that Rip needs to travel 200 years into the past before he can feel any side-effects from time travel while Mick no longer suffers from side-effects, due to his time as Chronos.
- Snart experiences lyngustic displasia - speaking words in the wrong order - after time travel.
- During the bar fight, the Wilhelm Scream can be heard.
- Rip revealed that he once dealt with the same problem Sara had in ""; he grew so accustomed to a foreign time period that he almost forgot who he truly was.
- The city of Salvation has a history with Jonah Hex in the comics.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1960 Western film The Magnificent Seven.
- Ray Palmer uses the alias "John Wayne", a famous Western actor.
- The store "Kubert's Barbershop" is referencing the famous Kubert family of comic book artists.
- Rip mentions Quentin Turnbull, who in the comics was Jonah Hex's archenemy, destroying the city of Calvert.
- Kendra meets her Old West counterpart, who mentions that Carter Hall's 19th century reincarnation counterpart was her husband, Hannibal Hawkes. In the comics, these characters were Cinnamon and Nighthawk.
- Martin saves H.G. Wells, a writer who become famous for writing the sci-fi novel The Time Machine and went on to be considered "the father of science fiction".
- Thus, had Martin listened to Rip and not saved the boy's life, the entire future of the human race could have been radically altered without Wells' book.
- In the DC and Wildstorm comics, Pilgrim is a member of the Wildstorm team Wetworks.
- ↑ Jonah Hex Meets DC's Legends of Tomorrow In "The Magnificent Eight" Synopsis - Comicbook.com
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
- ↑ ""
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|