"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" is the third episode of the first season of , and the third episode overall. It aired on March 9, 2021.
|Clark shares some of his Kryptonian history with Jordan and Jonathan during a family breakfast. Meanwhile, Lois and Chrissy dig deeper to uncover the truth about Morgan Edge.|
The Kent family are painting their house until Clark hears a sign of danger and flies away to help. He arrives in Guizhou and stopped the destruction of and repaired a major bridge that was collapsing.
- Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman
- Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane
- Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent
- Alex Garfin as Jordan Kent
- Erik Valdez as Fire Chief Kyle Cushing
- Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing
- Wolé Parks (credit only)
- Adam Rayner (credit only)
- Dylan Walsh (credit only)
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang Cushing
- Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo
- Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr
- Daniel Cudmore as Subjekt-11
- Jill Teed as Sharon Powell
- Danny Wattley as Coach Gaines
- Clayton James as Derek Powell (voice)
- Fritzy-Klevans Destine as Sean Smith
- Zane Clifford as Timmy Ryan
- Wern Lee as Tag Harris
- Austin Anozie as Malcolm Teague
- C. Douglas Quan as Fisherman
- Joselyn Picard as Sophie Cushing
- Chloe Pun as Girl on the Bus
- Rohain Arora as Mitch
- Kelcey Mawema as Denise Olowe
- The episode's title is a play on the Stephen Chbosky novel The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- This is the first episode of the series not to feature Wolé Parks (Luthor) and Dylan Walsh (Sam Lane).
- Jordan calls the Fortress of Solitude "Elsa's ice castle", referencing Frozen.
- Due to Lana pushing Sarah too far, she reveals all the faults in their family in front of Jonathan and Jordan.
- Lana's helicopter parenting likely stems from wanting Sarah to have a better life than her.
- Jordan's trying to join the football team is similar to the Smallville TV series where Clark joined the football team despite his father's misgivings about his powers harming others by accident.
- In addition, Clark reveals to Jordan that he tried out for baseball back in his younger years in Smallville. This possibly being a reference to Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman where he played the game by himself.
- In the same episode of Smallville which was also the 3rd episode of its 1st season, Lana quit cheerleading whereas in this episode it was her daughter Sarah that quit cheerleading.
- Going by Clark and Lois's deflective comments, the first goof that Clark made with his super hearing was mistaking the sound of someone shouting during sex as a cry for help.
- When Clark saves a bus from falling from a bridge in Guizhou, China, the number on the bus, 38, references the year that Superman was introduced, 1938.
- The bridge Clark saves from collapsing is the Pingtang Bridge, the second tallest bridge in the world.
- Jonathan's joke "don't feed him after midnight" was a reference to the movie, Gremlins.
- Jonathan continues to suffer from the move to Smallville. Jordan is stealing his spotlight with using his enhanced strength advantage and the coach abuses his authority to make Jonathan runs laps for keeping Jordan's "football skills" a secret.
|"" • "" • " " • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|