- For other uses of Trickster, see Trickster (disambiguation).
- "I told everyone inside I'd let them live if they followed my instructions. But I tricked them! Which is so me."
- —The Trickster[src]
Foiled by the Flashes
While robbing a bank, the Trickster mused over how he lied to his victims that he'd let them live if they followed his instructions. Just then, The Flash showed up to stop him. The Trickster opened fire at the speedster, but his enemy quickly caught every bullet with his helmet. Handcuffing both himself and the Flash together, the Trickster attempted to set off a bomb to kill them both. Suddenly, another Flash appeared and disarmed the bomb before tying the Trickster up. Though he was initially bewildered over "seeing double", the Trickster, believing the Flash "hit [him] too hard", began ranting over how he was going to sue the Flash and claim his helmet before being taken away by the police.
- "Hiya, Swiftie. Will you do me the honor of allowing me to kill you?"
- —Trickster to Jay Garrick[src]
- Expert marksman/Firearms: The Trickster was highly proficient with his machine gun, almost managing to target the speeding Flash.
- Explosives expert: The Trickster riddled his body with well-made explosives, ready to blow up the Flash together with himself.
- Heightened reflexes: The Trickster was able to resist the Flash when the hero tried to apprehend him and managed to catch the Flash's hand in handcuffs, being quick enough to surprise a speedster.
- M1921 Thompson: The Trickster was armed with a machine gun to fight off the Flash and threaten civilians.
- Explosives: The Trickster possessed multiple explosives on his person.
Behind the scenes
- This version of the Trickster is heavily inspired by The Joker, Batman's arch-nemesis. His appearance could be inspired by The Jokester (Earth-3), in which his hair color is purple.
- Interestingly, he is played by Mark Hamill, who voiced The Joker in the 1990s Batman: The Animated Series and several video games, where he uses a similar voice and personality for the character.
- Hamill also portrayed The Trickster in the 1990 series , where actor John Wesley Shipp also portrayed The Flash, Barry Allen in that instance.
|Other versions of The Trickster (Earth-3)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of James Jesse.|
|Earth: 1 • 3 • 27 • 90|