- For the eponymous character, see Gary Green.
- "Well, not to pressure you, but the entire fate of the Sexual Revolution is in the balance here."
- "That is my favorite revolution."
- —Sara Lance and John Constantine
"The Virgin Gary" is the first episode of the fourth season of , and the fifty-second episode overall. It aired on October 22, 2018.
|After the Legends defeated Mallus and wiped the final anachronism from time, they find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau. All that changes when Constantine informs Sara of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock. Constantine thinks he knows how to defeat the new threat, but will need the help of the team and their special klepto talents to help with his spell. Meanwhile, Nate and Rory go on an adventure leaving Nate facing someone from his past.|
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Jes Macallan as Director Ava Sharpe
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory
Special appearance by
Special appearance by
- Sandy Sidhu as Nasreen
- Rob McEachern as Jerry Garcia
- Shane Symons as Jimi Hendrix
- Sara Rabey as Janis Joplin
- Bruce Crawford as Paul Revere
- Dean Hinchey as Newscaster
- Bree Woodill as Anti-War Woman
- Kaiden Berge as Drug Dealer Hippie
- Michael Mitton as Scared Hippie
"The Virgin Gary" begins with the Legends accompanying The Beatles during their first appearance in the US. The appearance is before long hindered by Paul Revere, who they reclaim to 1776.
Back on the Waverider, most of the Legends are freeloaded out by their simple missions. Mick and Nate each uncover they're mooched that Constantine's forecast of the mythical beast head isn't right. Specialist Sharpe unexpectedly brings in and demands the Legends' essence in Washington DC.
Stressed that they'll get in a difficult situation, the Legends are reluctant to get to DC. Gary guides them into a dull room and it's uncovered to be an unexpected gathering, saluting the Legends for fixing the last time chronological error.
Beam finds a record of Nora and is perusing it when Zari takes note. Zari approaches him and indications that Ray helped her break the Time Bureau.
Ava and Sara are sleeping discussing their future together. Ava welcomes Sara to move in and after some underlying faltering, Sara specifies that she's prepared to make the following stride in their relationship. Sara goes out to the kitchen to get champagne and she's welcomed by John Constantine.
Constantine cautions Sara of looming dangers but she makes reference to that they haven't ran into any of the dangers. He desert secretive bones that start shaking when he leaves.
Nate and Mick leave the Time Bureau gathering to break into a house, which is before long uncovered that of Nate's folks.
Sara pulls Gary aside and gets some information about the chance of beasts showing up after some time and the two understand that one may be covering up in 1969 at Woodstock.
Beam and Zari collaborate to attempt to discover Nora, who they think my incidentally additionally be at Woodstock. The two take an escape to return in time and upon appearance previously, they discover a killed nonconformist canvassed in goo from a beast.
They're conversing with Nate's folks when Nate's concerned father haphazardly raises the Woodstock slaughter. Realizing something turned out badly, Nate and Mick immediately leave to head out to 1969.
Beam and Zari get together with Sara and Nate and uncover that they saw a killed flower child in the timberland. They're talking about the circumstance when they hear Mick get out. They race to Mick's guide and find that he's unearthed a genuine unicorn.
At first in amazement, they watch the unicorn charge a radical and cut her through the chest. The unicorn at that point continues to eat the heart out of the radical. They have a go at shooting the unicorn but it spurts the gathering with it's goo and getaways.
Sara ventures out forward so as to find Constantine to converse with him about the circumstance that just unfurled in 1969.
In 1969, Nate and Mick start fantasizing — Nate considers Mick to be his dad Henry and Mick sees Nate as his previous rodent Axel. Beam and Zari are strolling through the timberland when Zari starts daydreaming as well.
Sara comes back to 1969 with Constantine close by and the two start talking about Sara's future with Sharpe. Constantine and Sara assemble the group on the Waverider and the previous clarifies how the unicorn utilizes it goo to sedate individuals. To neutralize the medication's belongings, the Legends need to assemble things from around the celebration.
The last piece to assemble is a human virgin and keeping in mind that they don't discover any virgins at Woodstock, they carry Gary to what's to come. Sooner rather than later, the unicorn is attracted to Gary and Constantine drinks the elixir they made with the goal that he's ready to satisfactorily play out the essential spell. Constantine's at last ready to ship the unicorn to hellfire.
Nate comes back to 2018 and attempt to offer some kind of reparation with his dad.
On the Waverider, Ray admits to Zari that he has affections for Nora.
Ava's hanging up the Legends' awards up in their home when Sara strolls in. Sara can't hold it in any longer and admits to Ava that when they liberated Mallus, they additionally liberated a wide range of different beasts. Sara is astonished to find that Ava isn't unreasonably disturbed. The two kiss and they concur that currently isn't the best an ideal opportunity for Sara to move in.
Sara leaves and goes to Constantine's to attempt to persuade him to join the Legends. Constantine won't and Sara leaves.
Later on, an alcoholic Constantine is singing "White Rabbit" when his lights begin glinting. He's out of nowhere tossed into a divider and starts flailing wildly on the floor.
The scene closes with John getting up of the floor and taking a gander at the mirror which peruses "I'm coming for you Johnny”.
- This is the first episode of the series not to feature Maisie Richardson-Sellers (Amaya Jiwe) after signing on as a series regular. It is also the first episode of the series not to feature Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West) after signing on as a series regular due to Keiynan Lonsdale leaving the show.
- The title is a pun on "The Virgin Mary" which was a title given to Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ in the religious texts such as the New Testament and the Quran. In context of the show, it refers to Constantine using Gary as the virgin when the Legends try to find the four important things they need to expel the unicorn.
- Ray makes two references to the Legends improving their ratings with the Time Bureau, a meta joke about the show's Nielsen ratings (a measurement of a TV show's viewership). In the second instance, he wonders whether Constantine sending the unicorn to Hell will improve their ratings because people "love the supernatural". This is a reference to Courtney Ford's former appearance on the long-running TV series Supernatural.
- Nate refers to the unicorn as "Twilight Sparkle coming to life", to which Ray is surprised that Nate too is a "brony". These are both references to the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fandom. Twilight Sparkle (voiced by Tara Strong) is one of the main characters of the series.
- After getting out of the shower, Constantine sings "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane, which played earlier in the episode.
- When the Legends go to Woodstock, a split screen effect is briefly used. This is a tribute to the Woodstock documentary, which used this effect extensively.
- This is the 13th episode in the Arrowverse and the third episode of to be named after a character in a civilian sense, after "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "" and "".
- This is the first season premiere of the series not to feature Victor Garber (Martin Stein), Franz Drameh (Jefferson Jackson) and Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter).
- After fixing the last anachronism, Mick complains, "Four years of doing the same crap". Mick however joined the team in January 2016, meaning he has only been a Legend for about 2 years and 9 months at this point.
- The unicorn (which has sharp teeth) bites into Gary's left hand, but after the unicorn lets go of his hand, it's completely unharmed.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • """ • "|