On October 10, 2017, this man rode Central City Bus 405 whilst crying to himself. Ralph Dibny was seated next to him and tried to cheer the man up with some encouragement, as the latter's disposition was discouraging him. Suddenly, the bus was exposed to dark matter particles resulting from the Flash's return from the Speed Force, transforming the man and all the other occupants into meta-humans.
Sometime over the next three weeks, the man was found and kidnapped by Amunet Black, who intended to sell his psychoactive tears for profit.
Later, while walking the streets alone, he was found by Clifford DeVoe, who told him that he went through a lot of trouble to create him and that he couldn't run away until he completed the task he was created for. DeVoe siphoned off his tears to a more concentrated form to better control his wife Marlize, and then killed the Weeper when he no longer needed him.
His tears where used by DeVoe to control his wife and prevent her humanity to be a problem.
The Weeper's death was avenged when Ralph Dibny regain full control of his body; forcing Clifford DeVoe's consciousness out of the latters body, after transferring his consciousness into his hoverchair, but perished once and for all when his wife Marlize removed the chair's power source; putting an end to DeVoe's madness.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After the man was struck by the dark matter energy after the Flash was released from the Speed Force, this altered his DNA and cells, enabling him to access his newfound powers.
- Like every meta-human created when the Flash escaped the Speed Force, releasing a wave of dark matter upon the bus that the Weeper and 11 others were riding on, it would seem that the Weeper's powers were a forced manifestation of his inner desires and/or inherent nature as a person prior to the encounter with the dark matter. In this case, the Weeper was presumably in tears for being such an unwanted individual; now, his tears' potent euphoric properties would make him a very wanted individual.
- The Weeper is the only one of the "bus-metas" whose real name hasn't been revealed.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics The Weeper is a legacy name of two supervillains. The original Weeper, Mortimer Gloom was a villain of Bulletman, while his unnamed son succeeded him as a villain of the Marvel Family after his death.
- He also might be based or referenced on DC's parody character, Snowflame. The character was supervillain that was powered by the use of cocaine but ultimately dying from the use that gives him his powers.